trupti
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: 9700
Question Simulator & Internet Access .... Playing

Please Login to Remove!

Hi to All,

I have JDK 1.6, JDE 4.7.0, MDS-CS, 9530 & 9500 simulator etc on Win Vista.

I wasn't able to access internet via my simulator. Looking at a thread on your site, I changed /c to /k in run.bat and looked at error and other server was running on 8080 port was the problem. I closed that server, started MDS-Cs and smulator and was able to access internet.

Now, I closed simulator, MDS-CS, also no other server is running. I started MDS-CS again executing run.bat, but it doesn't run. It shows :
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

after finishing the setBMDSEnv bat. I didn't changed anything in the bat and why do I get this erro now.

Any idea. Need to solve this badly , asap. Have spend 2+ days trying to access internet via simulator. When got, on shutdown all (MDS and Glassfish server) again facing problem. Please help me. Any help/guideline is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-05-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
trupti
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: 9700

This is my run.bat file :
@echo off
call setBMDSEnv

echo SET BMDS ENV

if ["%JAVA_HOME%"] == [""] goto noJavaHomeSet
start cmd /v:on /k "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -classpath !BMDS_CLASSPATH!;!BMDS_CLASSPATH2! -Xmx512M -Djava.endorsed.dirs=classpath\endorsed -DKeystore.Password=password net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.IPProxyServiceA pplication -log.console.dump
goto end
:noJavaHomeSet
start cmd /v:on /k java -classpath !BMDS_CLASSPATH!;!BMDS_CLASSPATH2! -Xmx512M -Djava.endorsed.dirs=classpath\endorsed -DKeystore.Password=password net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.IPProxyServiceA pplication -log.console.dump
goto end
:end

on executing the bat file from cmd prompt,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0\MDS>run
SET BMDS ENV

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0\MDS>

and on new dos window I see :
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0\MDS>

Why am I getting such error ? Earlier also I wasn't able to access internet, so I changed /c to /k in run.bat to see the error message and found that the glassfish server was on. I closed down glassfish server and started mds and things were fine. To recheck, I ran shutdown mds and closed simulator. And changed again /k to /c to turn to original form. But now am getting this error and mds doesn't start.

Again changed /c to /k to see the error and try to solve, but am stuck up with such error.

Please help me find the error at the earliest. Any help/guidance is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
slicker

Model: 9000
Carrier: vodafone
Default Re: Simulator & Internet Access .... Playing

I was looking for more examples of peoplem having trouble with the MDS.

This is what you might need.

Blackberry MDS simulator - Canxxx39;t connect to the internet in the simulator. - Stack Overflow

It worked for me.

Also I saw somebody suggest installing it in C:\ that might get over your other problem.

Good luck. You have to wonder why Blackberry don't use the installer to help people avoid problems like this. It seems like plenty of people go throught the same pain with the MDS.
Closed Thread