Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 01:10 PM   #81
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

Hmmm, another thing that does not work for me is if I create an appointment in iCal (OS X) .. Sync it to my Blackberry via Missing Sync it transfers to the Blackberry correctly. Then when I start the Google Sync, it does not transfer that appointment to my GGal .. Only appears to be a 2 way sync between the physical blackberry and Gcal ...
Old 12-15-2007, 01:25 PM   #82
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by plchan View Post
I am thinking to do this "work-around" before I sign out the sync program

1) sync it with my outlook
2) sign out the sync prog
3) copy all events from outlook to bb.

However, it really goes against the "sync" theory.
Yup...that might work. You'd have to ensure that Outlook Wins (or whatever the wording is) or you would clear all appointments in Outlook when you sync'd.

It definitely goes against any sync theories that I've ever had...no program should be allowed to delete entries from any of my calendars just because I exit from it. Unless this is changed, I won't be using this app, period.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #83
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danabw View Post
Yup...that might work. You'd have to ensure that Outlook Wins (or whatever the wording is) or you would clear all appointments in Outlook when you sync'd.

It definitely goes against any sync theories that I've ever had...no program should be allowed to delete entries from any of my calendars just because I exit from it. Unless this is changed, I won't be using this app, period.
Same here. I deleted it until it matures.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #84
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I think the paradigm of Google Sync is wrong at the moment (though it prob works as intended). It seems to assume that you have your BB and Google calendars and that's all. And whilst syncing, the Google calendar is basically your primary calendar. So disconnect your BB and it's "out of the loop" as far as Google is concerned, and needs to 'tidied up'. Also makes it easier to 'start again' when you re-establish syncing or the syncing messes up. The Google calendar is your 'master' calendar after all...

BB users actually rarely use this paradigm, sadly for this application as it stands. If anything the BB should be the 'primary' calendar, and there should be a forcable one-way sync *to* the Google calendar when things mess up.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:44 PM   #85
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

You're probably right about that, Wibbly. I expect that Google's paragigm/design won't appeal to folks w/other mobile devices who are syncing their work calendar to the device, and wanting an option to sync that to the Google calendar.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:00 PM   #86
coolkarim
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: 250ff349
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mettle View Post
this is my first post. i just wanted to mention something in case someone else was having trouble with it.

the default reminder on my blackberry is 0 minutes, that is, the time of the alert and the event are the same.

in my experience, these events can't be synced, that is, they won't upload to google calendar. you get a "network problem" message. if you change the reminder to say 5 minutes, the event will sync correctly.

strange, but it happened to me.

thanks, this made mine work perfectly
I bet this is the problem alot of people have

In the desert Water=Time, Fuel=Distance

www.desertbiking.co.uk
Old 12-16-2007, 10:23 AM   #87
PhillyGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO

At first I thought this would be the missing link for a BIS user, but it requires too much work around for it to be of any use to sync Outlook and the BB OTA.

Yahoo syncs Outlook perfectly, but not with the BB.

There has got to be a better way.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #88
galatians51
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: Tmobile

Yahoo GO will sync all of your contacts to and from your BB very well.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:01 AM   #89
kaon

Model: 8320
Carrier: Starhub

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog1176 View Post
I can't get existing BB events to show up in gcal either.
I might be having the same problem.
Events that existed in BB before installing GoogleSync do not go to Google.
Events created in BB after installing GoogleSync do go to Google.

I tried to edit the pre-existing events to see if I can get them to get synced to Google, but no effect.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:07 PM   #90
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

I believe it is also that events sync'd to the BB from Outlook (or other calendar) do not go to google...can someone confirm that? As far as I could tell in my (admittedly short) time w/GSync, only events actually created on the BB would get to the Google Calendar.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:00 PM   #91
harryzuluberries
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
PIN: DUPONT FIFTH AVENUE LARGE ORPHEO ROLLERBALL
Carrier: the Titanic

I have found that events created in the BB and on the web in my Goggle calendar sync just fine. However, existing items DO NOT SYNC. It only syncs new items, or items created AFTER installation.

7510>7520>7100i>8830>8330>9630
Old 12-17-2007, 01:38 PM   #92
shill79

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

I generally like the program as GCal is (becoming) my main calendar program of choice... One question, I have a separate calendar in GCal (a basketball schedule for a local team), however, the events from this calendar do not sync.. That calendar is not showing in my list of additional calendars to sync.. Any ideas?
Old 12-17-2007, 03:03 PM   #93
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

Quote:
Originally Posted by shill79 View Post
I generally like the program as GCal is (becoming) my main calendar program of choice... One question, I have a separate calendar in GCal (a basketball schedule for a local team), however, the events from this calendar do not sync.. That calendar is not showing in my list of additional calendars to sync.. Any ideas?
I believe the shared calendar would only be on the one-way sync. Which mean you can download it from GCal and won't upload it back after you make any changes.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #94
shill79

Quote:
Originally Posted by plchan View Post
I believe the shared calendar would only be on the one-way sync. Which mean you can download it from GCal and won't upload it back after you make any changes.
1-way sync would be fine... I can't make any changes to the basketball calendar anyway.. Unfortunately, I still don't see a way to enable any kind of sync for this second calendar
Old 12-17-2007, 03:35 PM   #95
KendallParis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Boost

Quote:

When you go into the calendar menu, hit Google Sync, that should pull up that page, then go to options. On that page, scroll down to "sync these calendars" and hit the trackwheel. All of the calendars that you have on Google should be available to check off, exit out of there and then sync.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:43 PM   #96
shill79

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallParis View Post
When you go into the calendar menu, hit Google Sync, that should pull up that page, then go to options. On that page, scroll down to "sync these calendars" and hit the trackwheel. All of the calendars that you have on Google should be available to check off, exit out of there and then sync.
Unfortunately, the other calendar doesn't show... Note that I DO NOT have write access to this other calendar... Read ONLY
Old 12-17-2007, 03:55 PM   #97
shill79

Quote:
Unfortunately, the other calendar doesn't show... Note that I DO NOT have write access to this other calendar... Read ONLY
Not sure what happened, but the calendars are now showing in the list of calendars to sync.. Thanks for the help
Old 12-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #98
KendallParis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Boost

No problem. I'm glad that it's working for you.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:39 PM   #99
golf7
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Alltel

Mine is not working, and this is a very key feature for my blackberry.

I have been using the Companionlink Software to sync my google calander to my blackberry. It had to be through bluetooth/USB, but its the only thing that I have found that has worked so far.

Maybe after a while, this program will be able to work with everyones calander, but for now, its not working well, and Im gonna stick with the companionlink software, as it is an addin to desktop manager, so it just does it automatically anytime i connect to the desktop.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:11 PM   #100
Hauser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkwell View Post
I downloaded the G-Cal and the Sync rather quickly over WiFi (T-Mo UMA Curve), but it will not allow me to log on (Sync). And freezes when I go to the G-Cal.

Luigi
I confirm on my 8820 that it will not let me connect with only the Wi-Fi interface active (BIS and BES services connected and active on Wi-Fi).
Closed Thread