Old 06-21-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
ChairmanKaga
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: none
Carrier: AT&T
Default photos will not save

Please Login to Remove!

Hey folks. My 8100 has been working well for several months. Recently, it stopped allowing me to save photos. I can take a photo and it appears on the screen, but when I go to the media icon to look at it, all I get is a red X and no saved data.

I recently purged most of my photos, so there are only a few saved. I don't think that space is an issue.

Could my high number of saved emails be eating up memory that is preventing the photos from being stored?

I have removed the battery, rebooted, taken out the memory card and cleaned the contacts. Still no worky.

Thanks for any help.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Do you have the phone set to save photos on the memory card (you should make sure). Check your available memory on the phone (Options/status). Emails are stored on the phone memory, but if you have it set to store the photos on the phone too you could have a problem. If you have a lot of music/video/ringtones on the card it could be full too, check available memory on that too. Sounds like you have a memory problem to me, which you may be able to fix.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:15 PM   #3
ChairmanKaga
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: none
Carrier: AT&T

Thx for the response. I do appreciate it. On further review, I do not have a memory card. I am saving pics to device memory. Going to options>status shows "file free" at 12090196 Bytes. I assume this refers to device memory. I have no videos, music or additional ringtones, and have deleted all of messages.

I went to media>options and increased my device memory limit to 25M and reserved pcitures memory to 12M, and that fixed the prob. So it was a memory issue.

1) I need a memory card - which flavor does the Pearl take?; and 2) I still can't figure out how to see what my free memory is (on device memory) by going to options>status. But thats a secondary issue.

Thanks again.
Closed Thread