Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
Anthem
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Default Vaja 8800 Case

Please Login to Remove!

New Case from Vaja. (Click on the link below)

Vaja © 2006

They come in various colors and can be customized.

A little pricey in my opinion.

I don't use cases but I though I would post this for anyone who does.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main.jpg (34.0 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpeg detail_01.jpeg (19.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpeg detail_02.jpeg (16.4 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpeg detail_03.jpeg (18.3 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by Anthem; 04-17-2007 at 12:39 PM..
Old 04-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
ink
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: 23F88E99
Carrier: Cingular

They may be a bit pricy but they are some very nice cases. I had one for the Ipod and I would be one to admit that it was one of the nicest case I ever had. Would like to get one for the BB but money isn’t as available as what it was.

One nice thing about the Vaja cases is you get to really customize them with either a graphic or custom text.

Ranging in at about $60 to $116 you can really get a very nice case.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #3
technodoc

Default Optional attachment

Any thoughts on the two types of attachments they offer? I looked at their description and can't tell how well they perform. It's nice that most of the attachment is on the belt, and if you chose to go without it, you keep the case and a little nub on the back. But how well do they perform? How secure are they?
Old 04-17-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
bostonnerd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: z10

Quote:
Originally Posted by technodoc View Post
Any thoughts on the two types of attachments they offer? I looked at their description and can't tell how well they perform. It's nice that most of the attachment is on the belt, and if you chose to go without it, you keep the case and a little nub on the back. But how well do they perform? How secure are they?
I'm going to find out soon . I ordered the case a few weeks ago with the nub. I keep the unit in a shirt or pants pocket most of the week but on weekends I am in jeans so a belt attachment is more practical. I figured the nub was less obtrusive in my pocket.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:25 PM   #5
ink

Honestly I don’t think the clips matter much other than it looks like one is made out of metal and the other could possibly be plastic. The other thing that is different is the release system; the rivet has a button on the top side for a quick release and the Ultra is released by pressing on the end of the clip (like you standard clip)
Old 04-17-2007, 02:14 PM   #6
Dawgfan

Model: 9000

I cannot tell if there is a clear cover over the screen. I would prefer not but if anyone knows could you let me know. If I decide to keep my 8800 long-term (year or so) I may get a Vaja case. I have had them for iPods and have bought them for my gf and the are very, very nice cases. The wonderful smell of quality leather that comes from that box when you open it is just awesome.

Apologies to the treehugging, PETA lovers out there...
Old 04-17-2007, 03:23 PM   #7
ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgfan View Post
I cannot tell if there is a clear cover over the screen. I would prefer not but if anyone knows could you let me know. If I decide to keep my 8800 long-term (year or so) I may get a Vaja case. I have had them for iPods and have bought them for my gf and the are very, very nice cases. The wonderful smell of quality leather that comes from that box when you open it is just awesome.

Apologies to the treehugging, PETA lovers out there...
Not to mention they are all hand made!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:49 PM   #8
Dawgfan

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink View Post
Not to mention they are all hand made!
Gotta keep those 8 year-old Argentinians employed.

KIDDING FOLKS.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #9
ink

LOL that’s no good…but I’m still laughing.
That reminded me of a GTA III Ares Running Shoes radio spot
“Ares. Always running…from something.”
Old 05-01-2007, 06:23 AM   #10
bostonnerd

Model: z10

Well the case showed up last night. Took 3 weeks to deliver as I got the optional Chocolate leather and the Rivet belt holder. As expected the quality and fit are superb and this may be the "perfect" case for the 8800. It adds minimal bulk and still allows my to carry it in a pants or shirt pocket if desired.

Yes, there is a clear cover over the screen. As opposed to other cases, the cover is not just a cheap plastic but seems to be optically clear.

The Rivet system is great. The back of the case has a small "needle" attached, not a large nub. The belt piece is machined steel/aluminum and is very small. See Accessories for mobile phones, PDAs, smartphones, iPods, MP3 players, cameras and other mobile devices .

Not an inexpensive case by any means but it doesn't get any better then this one.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #11
phybersplice

PIN: 2065B5F4
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonnerd View Post
Well the case showed up last night. Took 3 weeks to deliver as I got the optional Chocolate leather and the Rivet belt holder. As expected the quality and fit are superb and this may be the "perfect" case for the 8800. It adds minimal bulk and still allows my to carry it in a pants or shirt pocket if desired.

Yes, there is a clear cover over the screen. As opposed to other cases, the cover is not just a cheap plastic but seems to be optically clear.

The Rivet system is great. The back of the case has a small "needle" attached, not a large nub. The belt piece is machined steel/aluminum and is very small. See Accessories for mobile phones, PDAs, smartphones, iPods, MP3 players, cameras and other mobile devices .

Not an inexpensive case by any means but it doesn't get any better then this one.

Got mine today in Black and with the Rivet Clip.
I find that the clear plastic screen scratches easily - but the scratches are only visible when the BB has it's screen off. When it's lit up, i can't see the scratches. Not a huge deal.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #12
breakerfall

Model: 9530
PIN: EAPPLE!
Carrier: VZW

I posted some pics over at flickr of my 8830 in its new Vaja...
vaja unboxing - a photoset on Flickr
Old 06-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #13
thetonyclifton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone

vaja cases are great I have had a few for various things, I dont like the look of this incarnation, I prefer the more modern finish where they tuck in the edges and hide the stitching...the last ipod one I bought was exceptional and you couldn't see a single stitch.

The screens are good like a solid screen protector...imagine a few acetates together...visibility is good but it does scratch, I actually put a screen protector over my last one - they are expensive cases ;)

My one word of caution would be that because they ship from argentina you can be hit with a VAT bill (I have been) even after paying that largish price tag.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #14
manberry

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default New Vaja Covers

Just got mine in Arangio. The leather is beautiful. I wish they made these things without cover! After a few days, dust began collecting underneath. I had already protected the screen with shieldzone and began disliking the cover. I got annoyed and sawed off the cover with an xacto blade.

Things are clearer, and no dust issues--the only problem is that unlike the sena, there's no leather strip across the middle, so it puckers a bit near the top of the keyboard. Such is life.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #15
ffeingol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

manberry,

I got mine (8830) a few days ago and I have to agree that the dust between the screen and the piece of plastic is going to be a pain. I'd have to say mine is really more "lint" than "dust" as I tend to put it in my pocket a lot. If you have a belt clip, this may not be an issue for you.

I'm a bit hesitant to cut off the plastic like you did. I'm afraid that if I do that the leather around the screen will begin to stretch.

I also have small "puckers" around the USB/Headphone jack on one side and the volume controls on the other.

Overall I'm quite happy with the case. The leather is incredibility thin yet seems quite durable. Only a few months will tell.

Frank
Closed Thread