Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 01:00 AM   #1
chazm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: t mobile
Unhappy Seidio case broke after 1 month

Please Login to Remove!

I bought the black rubber case (about $30) and it was a pain to take off. I have to take it off every few days or so to reset my phone and clean it too. I noticed after about 6 or 7 times of taking it off the top tab was getting loose and finally it broke off.

It sucks because I know if my case falls and hits the ground the phone will just fall out of the case.

Not too happy with but what can you do...it still works....sort of.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:31 AM   #2
a320az

I have the rubber case and the holster for mine. I wear it on my belt at work (police) and havent had a single prob with it. And I am pretty rough on things. I am sure they will replace it for you.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:02 AM   #3
Concept
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T Mobile

I had my Seido case for about 3 weeks now and I haven't had any problems so far. I have only taken the case off once so I'll have to see if I have problems as time goes on. By the way I'm in Iraq and I can't think of too many harsher enviroments than this.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:11 AM   #4
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazm
I bought the black rubber case (about $30) and it was a pain to take off. I have to take it off every few days or so to reset my phone and clean it too. I noticed after about 6 or 7 times of taking it off the top tab was getting loose and finally it broke off.

It sucks because I know if my case falls and hits the ground the phone will just fall out of the case.

Not too happy with but what can you do...it still works....sort of.
PLease contact our customer service 832-204-1118 for immediate replacement. Please refer to the included instruction for easy case removal and to prolong the tab life.

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]

Last edited by seidioseidio; 12-19-2006 at 07:17 AM..
Old 12-19-2006, 02:20 PM   #5
YMark

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
PLease contact our customer service 832-204-1118 for immediate replacement. Please refer to the included instruction for easy case removal and to prolong the tab life.

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
Are these instructions posted somewhere? I didn't receive anything with my case.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:02 PM   #6
koleary19067

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

I had mine for awhile now and I take it off everyday. I dont have a single problem or signs of problems to come. Lucky for me.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
darwin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmo

I had the non skin case and it worked great until a few weeks after the warranty ran out. The belt clip broke. On the phone, they told me it wouldn't be a problem, I just had to fill out a form on their website.

Got a nice denied e-mail because it was out of warranty. Oh well, off to find another case now...
Old 01-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
Concept

Well my sedio case was doing great until yesterday. The part on the top broke and now the case is useless. Its a shame that I've only had the case for about a month now and maybe took it off 5-6 times. I did drop it one time (maybe about 3" drop onto the sidewalk) about 2 weeks ago and the case popped right open leaving my pearl on the ground without the case. But after the fall the case went right back together with no problems. Then yesterday I opened up the case because I wanted to see how fast transfers would be if I used the memory card reader on my computer instead of the bulk transfer method (its not any faster) and when I went to put it back together I noticed that the top wouldn't close right. Then upon inspecting it close I realized that the top had a little piece sticking up. I thought maybe it was just something that I never noticed before but when I touched it, it fell off. I attached some pics so people can see actually how much broke off. It might be 1/16" in width and 1/4" in length but it makes the case unuseable.

On another note, the sedio skin I don't like that much either. It has a piece that covers the send/end/menu/escape keys and it actually prevents moving the pearl a little too. You can't just roll your thumb up cause the rubber piece is right there.

Luckily I bought both pieces at the same time so my pearl is still protected but it sucks that the $30 piece broke in a month and the $10 piece I don't like because it limits use.
Attached Thumbnails
P1020039 (Small).JPG   P1020042 (Small).JPG  

Last edited by Concept; 01-02-2007 at 06:56 PM..
Old 01-02-2007, 08:17 PM   #9
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept
Well my sedio case was doing great until yesterday. The part on the top broke and now the case is useless. Its a shame that I've only had the case for about a month now and maybe took it off 5-6 times. I did drop it one time (maybe about 3" drop onto the sidewalk) about 2 weeks ago and the case popped right open leaving my pearl on the ground without the case. But after the fall the case went right back together with no problems. Then yesterday I opened up the case because I wanted to see how fast transfers would be if I used the memory card reader on my computer instead of the bulk transfer method (its not any faster) and when I went to put it back together I noticed that the top wouldn't close right. Then upon inspecting it close I realized that the top had a little piece sticking up. I thought maybe it was just something that I never noticed before but when I touched it, it fell off. I attached some pics so people can see actually how much broke off. It might be 1/16" in width and 1/4" in length but it makes the case unuseable.

On another note, the sedio skin I don't like that much either. It has a piece that covers the send/end/menu/escape keys and it actually prevents moving the pearl a little too. You can't just roll your thumb up cause the rubber piece is right there.

Luckily I bought both pieces at the same time so my pearl is still protected but it sucks that the $30 piece broke in a month and the $10 piece I don't like because it limits use.
Call Customer service 832-204-1118 for immediate exchange.

Seidio
Old 01-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #10
pharaoh2653

Carrier: cingular

same exact thing happened to my case as of last night. i only had mine for two weeks. it seems to me that there is a defect in the product. mine has broken in the same place as the pics above. i may have taken the case off maybe three or four times since purchased and never have dropped it. the little piece just came off. it was a great case. i had many compliments on it.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:30 AM   #11
Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
Call Customer service 832-204-1118 for immediate exchange.

Seidio
I'm deployed to Iraq. How would an exchange work from here? I can call but I would only get 15 minutes before my time would run out.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #12
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept
I'm deployed to Iraq. How would an exchange work from here? I can call but I would only get 15 minutes before my time would run out.
You can go online and request and RMA here:

Repair Request Form
Old 01-03-2007, 04:40 PM   #13
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin
I had the non skin case and it worked great until a few weeks after the warranty ran out. The belt clip broke. On the phone, they told me it wouldn't be a problem, I just had to fill out a form on their website.

Got a nice denied e-mail because it was out of warranty. Oh well, off to find another case now...
Which case did you purchase? The 8100 case hasn't been out very long so I can't imagine it being out of warranty. Please email your order information to [email address] and I will forward it to our Customer Service Department.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:50 PM   #14
chazm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t mobile

I got my new one in the mail a couple of days ago but I must say that I think the same thing is going to happen again. It is VERY hard to take the case off and I have to take it off every few days or so.

On a good note, I was without a case for about a week and did not drop the phone, but the day that I put the case on, I drop it on the concrete and the phone was unharmed
Old 01-27-2007, 12:22 AM   #15
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

New app out today by BBF Member Metsfan. I'm using it, it works well. Should fix this problem.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...ight=softreset
Old 05-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #16
loosechange
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Cingular

I'll second that JC, the softreset program is a gem.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #17
laz305
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100c
PIN: 23F0D62F
Carrier: AT&T

thx seidio I filled out exchange form and hopefully will get my replacement in a few weeks lol you guyz clearly need to go back to the drawing board on this one, I mean what was wrong with all rubber anyway? and plz cover-up the screen if you come out with another rendition of this one.
http://mobile41.com/index.htm
myspace.com/lazarus305

Last edited by laz305; 05-07-2007 at 05:51 PM..
Closed Thread