BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #21
May
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

I recently ordered 2 different silcone skins for my pearl, one from the seido company and another through blackberry. I must admit that both work well but the blackberry skin seems to be the better of the two. It seems better made, it's softer and seems to hug onto the phone a little more snuggly.
I ordered the seido one in black and found that it collected lint like crazy while my orange blackberry version isn't as much of a lint magnet, which I atribute to it's better quality.
I have yet to purchase a screen protector though...that's next!
Old 03-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #22
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs up Krusell cases

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAddict8100
I have the Krusell case as well. I love it because the entire phone is protected, the only thing exposed is the trackball and you can still use all the connections. I am using the extended battery and I can still use the case just fine, even though its a snug fit..but it looks and its well protected..I love it..
I totally agree! I love the Krusell case.

Here's my review:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bbf-...100-pearl.html
Old 03-15-2007, 12:22 AM   #23
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by May
I recently ordered 2 different silcone skins for my pearl, one from the seido company and another through blackberry. I must admit that both work well but the blackberry skin seems to be the better of the two. It seems better made, it's softer and seems to hug onto the phone a little more snuggly.
I ordered the seido one in black and found that it collected lint like crazy while my orange blackberry version isn't as much of a lint magnet, which I atribute to it's better quality.
I have yet to purchase a screen protector though...that's next!
Since I have sold almost 200 of these skins here in this forum as well as on ebay, I can only say that any BLACK skin be it the OEM or Seidio, does collect lint like crazy. Really has nothing to do with it's quality since Seidio's are pretty good itself. The difference with your Black and the Orange (even if you had the OEM version), is just basically color.

To remove lint or dirt easily from your skin, use a lint roller... the tape kind. Easy and fast to solve any "skin" problems

Old 03-15-2007, 03:03 AM   #24
dandelos
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Bestskinsever + Noreve leather case = my choice of protection/casage

wwwDOTnoreveDOTCOM/product/Housse_cuir_BlackBerry_Pearl_serie_8100_Tradition. html
Old 03-15-2007, 11:49 PM   #25
bbfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spnewbie
I saw some threads about cases, but am still undecided... The Sena Case is appealing because it covers the whole device including the screen, while still allowing full use -- but it's the most expensive ($49.99). Alternatively, I was thinking about getting a BestSkinsEver skin and keeping it in the Blackberry leather pouch. Any more opinions on the case debate? Thanks
I love the look of my pearl so I prefer to keep it in a pouch and take it out when I need to. I got a really nice black lambskin pouch from gadgetcase.ca, which I love. What I really like about it is that it has a sleeper magnet in it that preserves battery life, whether you face it outwards or inwards. In case anyone is interested, they have a 25% discount promo (until the end of March) if you use the coupon code: lto
Old 03-16-2007, 10:06 AM   #26
YMark
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelos
Bestskinsever + Noreve leather case = my choice of protection/casage

wwwDOTnoreveDOTCOM/product/Housse_cuir_BlackBerry_Pearl_serie_8100_Tradition. html
That is one headache inducing web site. That alone would keep me from purchasing anything there.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #27
dandelos
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMark
That is one headache inducing web site. That alone would keep me from purchasing anything there.
Not that I really care if you do or not, but I fail to see how the site induces headaches. Perhaps the plain black background and smooth flash animations were too much for you to handle. But lest I be accused of passing judgment (or motion, in this case) too quickly, has anyone had a similar experience?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #28
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Model: 666
Carrier: ?

Have a black OEM skin, and a Fortte Leather STil Vertical Pouch:
Old 03-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #29
HeadHunter604

Model: 7290
Carrier: Rogers

I have a krusell Case and I love it. It protects my Black Pearl from the elements that found in my pockets and my messenger bag. I don't have to worry about my keys/change/pens scratching the screen.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #30
NLU Products

Model: 8700g

ScreenGuardz and BodyGuardz have clear plastic protectors for the 8100. You can protect just the screen with the ScreenGuardz or the whole body of the device with the BodyGuardz. When you are pulling your 8100 in and out of the case, it most often starts to wear away at the paint on the device. Throw a BodyGuardz on there and then put it in the case and you are good to go. Your device looks brand new everytime you pull it out of the case.

ScreenGuardz.com or BodyGuardz.com
Old 03-21-2007, 12:48 AM   #31
Bluffheights90814
Thumbs Must Hurt

The best case I have tried and am VERY happy with it is the Rubberized Seidio case and holder combo. Although it is pricey, but the look and finish is excellent! I have dropped my phone several times on the concrete pavement and the finish on the case takes a good beating. It is a litte difficult to pop off when is is snapped onto your Pearl. Seidio is very good with their warranty. They will answer you questions quickly and will send out a replacement ASAP!

I also used the ShieldZone skin to further protect the finish of my phone. The Shieldzone has many parts to it, but I was more concerned with protecting the back and front of the phone instead of the side.

I hope this has helped you...
Old 03-30-2007, 12:31 AM   #32
Tuler

Carrier: ATT

I just bought a case from Speck (SpeckProducts.com) and I love it. It's a smokey grey case that fits very well and has already provided crucial protection when I dropped my phone.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:56 AM   #33
j.b.horns

Carrier: AT&T

I'd recommend getting a BSE or a Protech, regardless of what you decide. Most cases and pouches scratch your phone up pretty bad. Either when you pull them in and out or even if the case has a little dust inside it, the dust can scratch your phone really bad.

I've got a Protech shield on mine (protechyourdevice.com). Same idea as the InvisibleSHIELD, BSE etc. Somewhere in the middle as far as price is concerned. I like the lifetime warranty and the free shipping. Haven't dealt with their customer service yet, but shipping was speedy and package looks nice.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:57 AM   #34
Wezzterman

I always suggest that people also check out the local malls. they usually have stores or stands that sell off-brand cases in rubber or hard plastic. the quality varies, but occasionally you will find the diamond in the ruff....
Old 05-02-2007, 01:43 PM   #35
loosechange

i'm still debating on the smoke or rubberized cases from seidio, any opinions other than what's above? I don't want to deal with lint but the rubberized seems more functional, while the smoke retains luster and looks purty...
Old 05-07-2007, 07:41 AM   #36
DVallot

I went with the rubberized and I am really digging it. I got the combo w/ the rubberized case and swivel clip holder. Even though it is "rubberized", lint is not a problem. When I'm working in an area that I fear the belt clip will be knocked around, I put the phone in my pocket and it does not attract lint at all.
Closed Thread