BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
jeggen

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Default Duplicate Calendar Entries & Bluetooth Sync

Please Login to Remove!

i just moved from a Windows Treo to a Blackberry and so far have been very pleasantly surprised by the Curve and how it just simply works. I have had a couple of snags so far though...
1) I originally synced with my desktop without having an e-mail service setup, then setup my e-mail service and synced again, using one way Outlook -> BB PIM and with the option to replace everything on the BB selected. Now when I look at my calendar I have two entries of everything. One says "Send Using: Default" and the other says "Send Using: my e-mail address". Apparently all calendars are associated with an account, which I did not realize when I started this process. So what do I need to do now to fix this so I only have one calendar entry for everything?
2) I seem to be able to connect to my computer with Bluetooth. I am using Vista and was continually prompted for drivers and read somewhere to just ignore those, so I have select to not let those appear anymore. When I go into the BlackBerry desktop and select options and setup Bluetooth I can select my device, but the desktop always shows Disconnected. Is there another step I need to take to sync over Bluetooth?

I am using the Sprint 8330 Curve, Vista Ultimate, and BlackBerry Desktop 4.3.0.17. (I tried a later version but it kept crashing on me so I installed the one on the CD that came with the Curve.)

Thanks for your help for this newbie user!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
jeggen

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

I found this on how to remove contacts from the BB and used it to clear out the BB databases and resync, which fixed that issue. Would still love any help with Bluetooth connections.
blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/49739-deleting-all-calendar-data.html
Closed Thread