Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
apasic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700C
Carrier: Robbers
Default att unlimted international plan $64.99

Please Login to Remove!

my dad has a blackberry with att that he uses in the us all the time. i was wondering if i got one with their international plan to use in canada if that would be a problem not going to the us very often. im getting much to sick of robbers and their crap plans. trying to find any way around it :(
Old 10-20-2007, 04:00 PM   #2
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

You could but the voice cost is going to be high because you'll be roaming all the time.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
apasic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by x14 View Post
You could but the voice cost is going to be high because you'll be roaming all the time.
im gonna keep my voice plan i figured out a way to get unlimited calling to 30 countries and have unlimted incoming anyway. just the data is seriously getting on my nerves
Old 10-20-2007, 04:11 PM   #4
LCC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by apasic View Post
im gonna keep my voice plan i figured out a way to get unlimited calling to 30 countries and have unlimted incoming anyway. just the data is seriously getting on my nerves
Would you like to share how you have done that...?
Old 10-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
apasic
Thumbs Must Hurt

sure

its pretty cool actually and i can start by saying its no scam or some stupid promo or anything. its very straight forward

first go to VoipBuster - Free Calls and get an account. the going rate is 10euro for 4months of unlimited calling to about 30 countries. i use it at home with a linksys pap2 adapter just as you would get from vonage.

second, add your mobile phone number in the profile and then dial one of their access numbers. you will hear a message asking you what number you would like to call. enter it and press pound, you will then be connected.

on rogers i use a my5 plan so i have unlimited calling to 5 people and one of them just happens to be the access number voipbuster uses.

most of the time when calling throughout the usa and canada voipbuster doesn't charge anything, sometimes it will charge 1cent per minute but who cares that is deducted from the 10euro you already paid. i have come up to the end of the 4 months and the balance is still about 8euro. will just renew for another 4

its great for having at home as i need to make calls to europe and asia, free or 1cent per minute to major countries is nice. but the big thing is being able to call on the cell phone any time and not worry

here is a link to the mobile information : VoipBuster - Free Calls

Last edited by apasic; 10-20-2007 at 05:45 PM..
Old 10-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #6
LCC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
sure

its pretty cool actually and i can start by saying its no scam or some stupid promo or anything. its very straight forward

first go to VoipBuster - Free Calls and get an account. the going rate is 10euro for 4months of unlimited calling to about 30 countries. i use it at home with a linksys pap2 adapter just as you would get from vonage.

second, add your mobile phone number in the profile and then dial one of their access numbers. you will hear a message asking you what number you would like to call. enter it and press pound, you will then be connected.

on rogers i use a my5 plan so i have unlimited calling to 5 people and one of them just happens to be the access number voipbuster uses.

most of the time when calling throughout the usa and canada voipbuster doesn't charge anything, sometimes it will charge 1cent per minute but who cares that is deducted from the 10euro you already paid. i have come up to the end of the 4 months and the balance is still about 8euro. will just renew for another 4

its great for having at home as i need to make calls to europe and asia, free or 1cent per minute to major countries is nice. but the big thing is being able to call on the cell phone any time and not worry

here is a link to the mobile information : VoipBuster - Free Calls
I might give that a try. I call Australia a fair bit. Does it work for calling International Mobile numbers? That's where they usually get you.

Last edited by LCC; 10-20-2007 at 05:49 PM..
Old 10-20-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
apasic
Thumbs Must Hurt

might as well, 10euro is no big risk to check it out
Old 10-20-2007, 05:49 PM   #8
LCC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
might as well, 10euro is no big risk to check it out
True..but does it work when calling to International mobile numbers?
Old 10-20-2007, 05:56 PM   #9
apasic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCC View Post
True..but does it work when calling to International mobile numbers?
sure i call my dads cingular phone all the time. i am in canada. i have used it to call cyprus a few times without any problems
Old 10-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #10
Jumpin_Joe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCC View Post
Would you like to share how you have done that...?
On a variant to what the OP said, we use similar service. We call and access number, let it ring one time, it calls the pre-registered number back. Then we enter the overseas number in.

I like it as:

1) I get up to three numbers to pre-program for "callbacks"

2) You only get billed when your balance gets "high". I think somewhere in the $20 - $30 - $40 range.

As we have Vonage primarily for overseas calling, I'm actually getting rid of my Vonage account as we simply use this service: Callback World - callback service for country to country calling

(no affiliation with the company, just a happy customer)
Old 10-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #11
apasic
Thumbs Must Hurt

that is pretty cool as well just much higher rates :P if voipbuster holds up i may just completely get rid of the home phone
Closed Thread