Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Brumbb

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Default Can't get into my email after swapping SIM card

Please Login to Remove!

I was on the 3 network for 6 months but struggled to get a good signal so i changed to Orange. I rang them up, had texts come through to my phone and it was all going great for 3 days.

I then put my old SIM card back in the phone to see if i had any texts on my old number. After that i put the Orange SIM back in and now all my email accounts have vanished.

When i go to the email wizard it lists my email accounts and says i need to re-enter my passwords to access them. I do and it just says "Sorry unable to continue your session. Please log in again".

I had this when i 1st joined Orange but i just deleted the accounts and set them up again. I can't delete them now as there's no option to. I've rang Orange up and had the settings resent but nothing works. The internet, calls, texts all work, as does BBM, but i just cant get into my emails!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: Can't get into my email after swapping SIM card

Can you log onto the Orange BIS site and do it from there?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
Brumbb

I don't have any log in details for that site. I've tried the one i use for app world and it doesnt work, i've asked for the password to be sent to the device by giving it my PIN but i dont receive anything. The best i can get is a message saying i can't access my account via HTML, log in using my phone.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
wellingtonboot
Thumbs Must Hurt

What password are you putting in to set up the Orange mail account?

It's not the password for your mailbox that you usually use, it's a password that Orange send you.

Go into your mail box through your PC and go to settings. Click on send password by sms (or some such wording) and you will get a txt to your phone with a code type password and that is what you use to set the Orange email up on your phone.

Could also try sending the service books in cos it might have knocked something out with you swapping sim cards.

Ang x
Old 09-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Your BlackBerry can only be connected to one BIS plan at a time. Make sure you're BIS plan for your original carrier is cancelled. Then try resending your service books.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:35 AM   #6
Brumbb

I can't get into the BIS site through my PC because when i try it says "Not accessible via HTML. Use your phone to access." I understand that if i can't get into there i can't resend my service books.

My phone no longer works on the old SIM either! I have called my provider and they say everything is fine.

I think i might just bin this phone and go for the new 9360 with a whole new number.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:02 AM   #7
Brumbb

It works! I plugged it into the desktop manager and completely re installed the OS. After that it accepted my passwords and it's all back to normal. I also threatened the phone and said i would throw it out the window if it didn't work which might have helped.

Thanks for your help everyone, i will continue to use this forum now i have found it.
Closed Thread