BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 05:49 AM   #1
dbbuster

Model: 8700
Default Emal Size

Please Login to Remove!

I am using a 8700 on O2 Uk with the internet service for the email side of things.

Is there anyway I can check the size of a email that has been sent to my BB, as i only have a 5mb allowance included in the plan. I really would like to limit the size of each email that comes into the inbox as i have no idea the current message size i am receiving

Many Thanks
Old 03-15-2006, 09:45 AM   #2
justin.culp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: SOLD
Carrier: at&t

The BB will not download the email attachment unless you tell it to...just opening the emial does not download the attachments.

If it is really a huge concern, log into your BIS/BWC (assuming you are on this by your post) and check the size there.....kinda kills the whole reason BB's are so friggin' sweet though.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:08 AM   #3
d-m-k
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin.culp
The BB will not download the email attachment unless you tell it to...just opening the emial does not download the attachments.

If it is really a huge concern, log into your BIS/BWC (assuming you are on this by your post) and check the size there.....kinda kills the whole reason BB's are so friggin' sweet though.
I receive many emails with rather large attachments. I do not need to see/have the attachments until I get to a PC. As far as I understand it, although it does not get pushed to the BB it takes up space on my BIS/BWC account.

What's the best way to handle only having 25 MB of storage on the BIS/BWC? Thank you.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
va2004abc

Model: 9630
Carrier: Bell

As for saving data sent to the device, you can set the Auto More feature to No, meaning as you're reading a long message, the device will not automatically retrieve the next 2k of text unless you specifically request it. This is helpful if the email is a reply and the remaining text is from a previous message. To change this option:

- from Message List, click TrackWheel and go to Options
- General Options
- Auto More option (I think default is set to Yes)
Old 03-31-2006, 09:58 AM   #5
d-m-k

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Less stuff in BIS mailbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by va2004abc
As for saving data sent to the device, you can set the Auto More feature to No, meaning as you're reading a long message, the device will not automatically retrieve the next 2k of text unless you specifically request it. This is helpful if the email is a reply and the remaining text is from a previous message. To change this option:

- from Message List, click TrackWheel and go to Options
- General Options
- Auto More option (I think default is set to Yes)
How do I prevent the attachments from taking up space in my BIS mailbox? Can I tell BIS to strip them out? I only need to see them at my PC. Thanks.
Closed Thread