Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
mossy21

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default WiFi

Please Login to Remove!

My first posting. I have been using WiFi quite succesfully until just recently when I leave my home the wifi drops out and, most importantly wont let me start it again. I have had to remove the battery, wait a few moments and then replace it and, bingo I then seem able to run WiFi. NB. this is NOT a connection problem, it seems to be a device problem just opening Wifi.
Any ideas please?
Thanks
Old 08-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
wadhiamod
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 256E6891
Carrier: t-mobile

I have come across this before. Its mostly a software fault. Suggession here would be to take a backup and then do a wipe handheld. That will reload the OS. Mind you that the data will be lost so hence the backup. Then reconfigure your emails and test run the wifi. If ut works problem solved. Restore the backup and you should be fine.

There could be other things at play. An old sim card rarely is the cause too.

To wipe handheld go to Options/Security Options/Genral settings, press Blackberry key(one to the right of trackball) and then you will see the option for wipe handheld. Follow the onscreen instructions. Let me know how it goes!
Old 08-16-2009, 02:21 AM   #3
mossy21

PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2

Thanks 4 taht. I t will have to wait as I am in Spain and not back to the UK (desktop software) for a couple of weeks, but I will try and let you know. Sorry to be dim, but you say "after wiping the date, reconfigure your emails". What exactly do you mean by that (obviously I understand the backup/restore bit).
Closed Thread