Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
metgolf18

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default BB Tour - vibrate mode question

Please Login to Remove!

I have sent my BB Tour to vibrate for incoming calls, but it also vibrates for every e-mail. Is there a way to set it to vibrate only on incoming calls and not to vibrate for the e-mails?
Old 09-15-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Go to your profiles and choose set ringtones/alerts. Chose messages.
Change the setting there

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 09-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
randy_hodge

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Go to your profiles and choose set ringtones/alerts. Chose messages.
Change the setting there
I have the same problem. I do exactly as you suggest...activate Vibrate profile -> go to set ringtones/alerts -> select messages and the email source -> set Vibration to Off. But, the Tour seeming doesn't honor the setting. It vibrates for emails as well as phone calls. Help!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy_hodge View Post
I have the same problem. I do exactly as you suggest...activate Vibrate profile -> go to set ringtones/alerts -> select messages and the email source -> set Vibration to Off. But, the Tour seeming doesn't honor the setting. It vibrates for emails as well as phone calls. Help!
If you want no notification for emails, I believe you need to select Tone and then set it to Mute for email in the Profile you're using. That should give you zero notification for emails.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
metgolf18

i have tried both suggetions and the phone still vibrates twice for each e-mail that I get. Maybe there is no solution to this issue, just have to live with it.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
randy_hodge

Crazy. Wonder if this is fixed in the new Tour device o/s? I finally worked around it by creating a custom profile in which I turned Vibrate to off for emails. Seems to work!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #7
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Funny. It worked for me.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #8
torch1

Model: tour

Can you set it so it vibrates just once for email, and ongoing for calls?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
pvdiamon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: US Cellular

I"ve been having the same problem with the Tour I received this week. I also created a custom profile, which worked to avoid Emails from vibrating, but SMS would then not vibrate when I wanted it to. In Vibrate mode, everything vibrates even though email is set not to. I wonder if this is an OS problem and how wide spread it is. I am going to request a new phone, but it would be annoying to find it happens with the new one too.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #10
dan_k

I had the same issue. The only resolution for me was to create a custom profile which works as desired. Seems like an operating system glitch.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
pvdiamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_k View Post
I had the same issue. The only resolution for me was to create a custom profile which works as desired. Seems like an operating system glitch.
I created a custom profile that I think is working for me during the day. But I haven't found one yet for Silent. I tried to make a custom Silent and emails still vibrated. Do you have a way to make the phone SILENT like during a meeting, with NO vibration or beeps?
Old 11-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #12
F5fstop
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I had similar problems and someone told me to set the sounds to 'normal.' It now works as I have told it too.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #13
bharris925

Same issue here on my Tour. I ONLY want incoming calls to vibrate....everything else off. No can do! Any fix so far?? Also, when did the most recent OS for the Tour come out....I bought mine about 4 months ago....should I update....have read about issues with that as well? Thanks to all!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #14
pvdiamon

I have a new Tour using OS 4.7. You should simply make a Custom Profile, name it whatever, like Calls Vibrate. You can do this within the profile menu by going to the bottom of the profiles listed. In the custom profile, you have to tediously tell every option to be silent, as in any profile. IF you still have problems with email etc. vibrating when told to be silent, then you need to go into Desktop Manager, Backup>Advanced and in the right window, delete Sounds and then Refresh and that fixed mine. But for most, it appears Custom Profiles alone may do it.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:49 PM   #15
Handyguy

OK, after involving every tech in Houston, here's the settings IF you want one of any your emails accounts to vibrate and one to NOT vibrate

Go to Sounds, then select "RingTones/Alerts" >> Messages, then open up the email address you want to NOT vibrate and make your selections....then you have to go to go down to "Level 1" and set Vibration to OFF. That last step doesn't make sense but the default is for the Tour to always allow Vibration, so you have to override the default and select OFF...then it will allow the Vibration OFF selection you chose in the email you wanted to NOT vibrate, and your other email address will vibrate.

In other words, "Level 1" has to set to no Vibration if you want one of your email addresses to NOT Vibrate.

Last edited by Handyguy; 11-18-2009 at 11:56 PM..
Old 11-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #16
pvdiamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyguy View Post
OK, after involving every tech in Houston, here's the settings IF you want one of any your emails accounts to vibrate and one to NOT vibrate

Go to Sounds, then select "RingTones/Alerts" >> Messages, then open up the email address you want to NOT vibrate and make your selections....then you have to go to go down to "Level 1" and set Vibration to OFF. That last step doesn't make sense but the default is for the Tour to always allow Vibration, so you have to override the default and select OFF...then it will allow the Vibration OFF selection you chose in the email you wanted to NOT vibrate, and your other email address will vibrate.

In other words, "Level 1" has to set to no Vibration if you want one of your email addresses to NOT Vibrate.
Since I've already gotten it to work with Custom Profiles, not sure about above. BUT, HANDYGUY, have you noticed that if you use the already established profiles (Silent, Vibrate, Normal, Loud, etc.), changing something in one affects the others? Thus Silent becomes more like Normal if you allow audible alerts in Normal? It's because of this odd effect on each other that I had to go and use Custom Profiles.