tallboyonafatboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Options > Advanced > Service Books. Find that email@address and delete the service book. If it returns, then that means it is not removed from your BIS account where it was setup, and you will need to delete the account there.
Hey JSanders, thanks. That simple little procedure worked.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:47 AM   #222
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSKing View Post
Has anyone upgraded from 4.2.2 on Rogers to this new firmware?

I'm using a locked 8310 on Rogers...... Will find unlocking software soon (Hopefully here).

Thanks
Yes, they have. This is OS 4.5 is compatible with your Rogers model 8310, and many have upgraded to it.

Being locked to Rogers won't keep you from using this device OS.

Finally, you won't find any "unlocking software" as that must be done either by your carrier (and I understand that Rogers will no longer unlock their devices) or by an unlocking vendor such as HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center ß (use their BBForums discount, see our sponsor section or their ads on pages here).
How do I unlock my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 07-29-2008, 09:54 AM   #223
shona67
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
App error 523 is often caused by a third party application which isn't compatible with the OS you have loaded. Sometimes you can plug the device in to the PC, open app loader while the hourglass is spinning and remove your third party apps until you find the one causing the problem.
Ok what is your suggestion? Re-load? I am trying to avoid using Jl Cmder (this will be the last opition).
Old 07-29-2008, 11:11 AM   #224
BB Beast
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: 210974bc
Carrier: AT&T/BIS

Looks like my GPS took a crap again after update .37 to .55 . Not only doesn't my BBMaps show up but i cant find satellites when i refresh my GPS in the settings....Any Ideas?

*EDIT* Ok it's finding my postion when i refresh GPs and GPs is working in google maps but BBMaps still wont show up

Last edited by BB Beast; 07-29-2008 at 11:24 AM..
Old 07-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #225
kenv
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Beast View Post
Looks like my GPS took a crap again after update .37 to .55 . Not only doesn't my BBMaps show up but i cant find satellites when i refresh my GPS in the settings....Any Ideas?

*EDIT* Ok it's finding my postion when i refresh GPs and GPs is working in google maps but BBMaps still wont show up
I finally bit the bullet, and upgraded from .52 to .55. It turned out to be considerably more work than my past upgrades to .37 (from 4.2) and to .52 (from .37). First, it wiped my BB and I got the white screen with the 507 error. I reinstalled the OS without difficulty, and restored from the backup, and almost everything was in place as before. But not BB Maps.

What you have to do is to DL BB Maps 1.2 separately onto your computer--somewhere in this long thread there is a link to BB for doing that. Then you have to remove BB maps from the BB using the application tool in Desktop Manager. Then, you have to add in the lbs.alx or similar file as an add-on from the BB Maps folder you will have created on your computer. Then, after a reboot, you should have it on the BB and working, even with ATT.

Now--my own question to John Clark or one of the other resident experts here: In Desktop Manager, both with BB Maps and with Documents to Go, and after upgrading D to Go to 1002.016 via Dataviz, the Applications program wants to /downgrade/ both applications to the original versions. I have tried removing the alx files for these apps from the OS directory on the computer, but even after restarting Desktop Mgr it doesn't seem to help. How do I get the Desktop Mgr to recognize the current, updated state of my BB with 4.5.0.55 and BB Maps and Docs to Go?

Otherwise, everything seems fine with .55. I hope this is the last upgrade for a while.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #226
millerme

Model: 8310
Carrier: att

hi im new here, i have a monster of a problem... i dl the update, did what it said, now i get a 561 error or i get a 507 error on the screen, when i try to reconnect my 8310 it prompts me for a password on the dm, i never put a password on it. WTF!!!! now my bb is in lock down and i cant do anything with it but use it as a paper weight.... HELP!!!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #227
xgd

Model: 9800

Have you tried to press okay. (without entering a password)
Old 07-29-2008, 12:25 PM   #228
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

millerme, when do you get the 561 or 507 error?

Are you on a corporate BES?

Can you go to Options > Security > General Settings and disable the password?

AND, where did you get the BB, and did it work well for you before this OS upgrade?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #229
millerme

Quote:
millerme, when do you get the 561 or 507 error?

Are you on a corporate BES?

Can you go to Options > Security > General Settings and disable the password?

AND, where did you get the BB, and did it work well for you before this OS upgrade?
yes it worked great. i get the 561 or the 507 whenever it powers up or i connect to the dm. i dont have a corporate bes.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:20 PM   #230
YJGUY

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSKing View Post
Has anyone upgraded from 4.2.2 on Rogers to this new firmware?

I'm using a locked 8310 on Rogers...... Will find unlocking software soon (Hopefully here).

Thanks

I did last night. Never upgraded the OS before (was on 4.2.2) but it was pretty straight forward. It took about 1 hour to complete. I did get nervous at one point because about halfway though the instal it just kept say "connecting to device" but nothing seemed to be happening. It sorted it's self out and seems to fine. The GUI interface is a bit nicer and the video camera will come in handy.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:15 PM   #231
Ironman1075
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: 9800-AT&T, iPhone 4

Thanks for the find..updating now

BB Storm, Curve 8310, iPhone 3G
Old 07-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #232
tallboyonafatboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Curve

hey JSanders....can ya answer this? I just downloaded the most recent OS 5.5. when I attach a pic to an work account email and send it to my att.blackberry.net account the pic doesn't show up in the email, nor an option to open attachment. but when I go back to my original email and forward it ...it then shows up. any ideas?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #233
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles

I want OS 5.5!!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #234
sheldonbk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanA View Post
If its any consolation - I have the same problem... have not figured out how to fix it yet.
Same problem here on my 8310 OS 4.5.0.55 - For a long time, it just wanted to constantly install (or was it uninstall) the Basque Language. Now, Just yesterday, I noticed it says I need to upgrade "Basque language support", "Blackberry 4.5.0 Core-Applications" and "Password Keeper". After saying to proceed, I get the Update Summary "No Software update is required for your device".

Just curious.. do you guys also have PocketDay installed? I mentioned noticing this yesterday and yesterday I installed the new PocketDay beta. (I didn't have any version of PocketDay on my BB before.)

Last edited by sheldonbk; 07-29-2008 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: PocketDay note
Old 07-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #235
yorrick
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: PON!
Carrier: Vodafone AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonbk View Post
Same problem here on my 8310 OS 4.5.0.55 - For a long time, it just wanted to constantly install (or was it uninstall) the Basque Language. Now, Just yesterday, I noticed it says I need to upgrade "Basque language support", "Blackberry 4.5.0 Core-Applications" and "Password Keeper". After saying to proceed, I get the Update Summary "No Software update is required for your device".

Just curious.. do you guys also have PocketDay installed? I mentioned noticing this yesterday and yesterday I installed the new PocketDay beta. (I didn't have any version of PocketDay on my BB before.)
I had the same problem and if you look at the Basque language - it is something like XXXX_bb_resources_eu.cod
Mobylo Surewipe can delete this module and the update messages will go away. For some off reason - the checkbox is left unchecked - DM will try to remove the Basque language option. If you check the box, it thinks it needs to be installed.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:51 PM   #236
BB Beast
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: 210974bc
Carrier: AT&T/BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
I finally bit the bullet, and upgraded from .52 to .55. It turned out to be considerably more work than my past upgrades to .37 (from 4.2) and to .52 (from .37). First, it wiped my BB and I got the white screen with the 507 error. I reinstalled the OS without difficulty, and restored from the backup, and almost everything was in place as before. But not BB Maps.

What you have to do is to DL BB Maps 1.2 separately onto your computer--somewhere in this long thread there is a link to BB for doing that. Then you have to remove BB maps from the BB using the application tool in Desktop Manager. Then, you have to add in the lbs.alx or similar file as an add-on from the BB Maps folder you will have created on your computer. Then, after a reboot, you should have it on the BB and working, even with ATT.

Now--my own question to John Clark or one of the other resident experts here: In Desktop Manager, both with BB Maps and with Documents to Go, and after upgrading D to Go to 1002.016 via Dataviz, the Applications program wants to /downgrade/ both applications to the original versions. I have tried removing the alx files for these apps from the OS directory on the computer, but even after restarting Desktop Mgr it doesn't seem to help. How do I get the Desktop Mgr to recognize the current, updated state of my BB with 4.5.0.55 and BB Maps and Docs to Go?

Otherwise, everything seems fine with .55. I hope this is the last upgrade for a while.
Did exactly that, the same thing i had to do the last time but still no go.....And when i put the older version of BBMaps on my phone everytime my phone starts i get a java exception error as soon as my phone boots
Old 07-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #237
millerme

ok, ive been on the phone with a att tech for the last 4 hrs to solve the 561 and 507 errors in the upgrade, she transferred me to a rim tech, he taught me how to do a complete dump and reset to clear the 561 and 507 errors, pull the battery and use the application loader. who would have thought it was that easy, everything went smoothly. although i lost everything, i still got my phone back in stead of a paper weight... oh, by the way just for laughs the highest there list goes on error codes is a 560, the tech never heard of a 561...
Old 07-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #238
John Clark
BBF Moderator

We have all that info here:

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

Even the first post explains what to do with a 507.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #239
neftv
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorrick View Post
I had the same problem and if you look at the Basque language - it is something like XXXX_bb_resources_eu.cod
Mobylo Surewipe can delete this module and the update messages will go away. For some off reason - the checkbox is left unchecked - DM will try to remove the Basque language option. If you check the box, it thinks it needs to be installed.
I couldn't help but notice that I have the same problem with the three things to update but not really. I could not find that file you mention in Surewipe. I seem to have net_rim_bb_resource: 4.5.0.55 and net_rim_bb_resource_en: 4.5.0.55, Any thoughts?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:12 PM   #240
John Clark
BBF Moderator

The Basque language stuff is in the .eu file, not the .en file.
Closed Thread