Old 04-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #81
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon
Default A Humoroud

Please Login to Remove!

This is funny on too many levels to count.

Techtree.com India > News > Software > Finally, Android made to run on iPhone
Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #82
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM View Post
Cool!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #83
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsub2006 View Post
Once again, you have changed what you originally wrote, and you are mixing my responses to your 2 distinct questions. Go back and read what was asked by you and then my response. I did not suggest jailbreaking in response to your original question about a different OS. If you wanted to "dumb Linux on it", I suggested an Android device.
i said, apple does not give the usb butcher boot loader for the phone, nor do they give the info for the hardware, the device you own, the os is leased from apple and is in full control, if its my device, i should have everything i need with purchase of the device to do what i wish if i do not wish to be bound to itunes. period.

i said this due to the fact when you purchase a brand new iphone it cannot be used unless it is synced to a pc with itunes first!

i can go buy a blackberry, a htc winmobile, heck even an android phone, and even a blackberry, and out of the box, with a physical connection to a pc, the phone will function.

i really dont care to argue the argument vs jailbreak vs non. i dont really care about the iphone, what i was implying is that is the only device, until you purchase it open it, and then find out!

apple has the shittiest disclosure ever. but w/e dont really care.

as for touch screen phones sell, i still think its a fad, most are horrible, most are resistive and pocket dial worst then keys and with that said navigation on them is even worst.

how many phone actually have a fluent touch interface as an iphone? lol none?

now lets move past our little apple argument and move on to the subject, touchscreens.

apple touch interface is if not the best one of the best interfaces, its responsive little errors but very very usable. imo they did an amazing job on the interface.

now take htc, nokia, samsung, lol motocrapola, they dont come close to it, most are still horrible to use, clunky, and irritating.

htc market share grew, yay, they are still in with "others" which would be the other mfg less nokia, which i could be wrong is losing money per year not gaining profits.

even with meamo, which is linux kernel based os like android. and a full touch screen. i think it even has a capacitive screen.

hd2 was still as horrible to use as prior winmobile devices, i like the solid build htc has, i dont like the clucky ness of touchflow, the touch ui etc.

like i said less it says apple, touch screen are horrible, they really dont sell, alot get returned with in even the first 30 days.

most mfg unlike apple just wish or here have a touchscreen phone, but the user experience is horrible. they are again clunky.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #84
unclefester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
I'm not saying the lower end devices were unsuccessful, I was just stating forgetting about higher end devices would be a mistake.

Also the 8900 Curve should be considered a lower end device considering it's lack or 3G especially since it was released after the 9000 if I remember correctly.
That's true. I didnt notice much improvement from the 8300 to the 8900 other than the software
Old 04-23-2010, 12:30 AM   #85
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
i said, apple does not give the usb butcher boot loader for the phone, nor do they give the info for the hardware, the device you own, the os is leased from apple and is in full control, if its my device, i should have everything i need with purchase of the device to do what i wish if i do not wish to be bound to itunes. period.

i said this due to the fact when you purchase a brand new iphone it cannot be used unless it is synced to a pc with itunes first!

i can go buy a blackberry, a htc winmobile, heck even an android phone, and even a blackberry, and out of the box, with a physical connection to a pc, the phone will function.

i really dont care to argue the argument vs jailbreak vs non. i dont really care about the iphone, what i was implying is that is the only device, until you purchase it open it, and then find out!

apple has the shittiest disclosure ever. but w/e dont really care.

as for touch screen phones sell, i still think its a fad, most are horrible, most are resistive and pocket dial worst then keys and with that said navigation on them is even worst.

how many phone actually have a fluent touch interface as an iphone? lol none?

now lets move past our little apple argument and move on to the subject, touchscreens.

apple touch interface is if not the best one of the best interfaces, its responsive little errors but very very usable. imo they did an amazing job on the interface.

now take htc, nokia, samsung, lol motocrapola, they dont come close to it, most are still horrible to use, clunky, and irritating.

htc market share grew, yay, they are still in with "others" which would be the other mfg less nokia, which i could be wrong is losing money per year not gaining profits.

even with meamo, which is linux kernel based os like android. and a full touch screen. i think it even has a capacitive screen.

hd2 was still as horrible to use as prior winmobile devices, i like the solid build htc has, i dont like the clucky ness of touchflow, the touch ui etc.

like i said less it says apple, touch screen are horrible, they really dont sell, alot get returned with in even the first 30 days.

most mfg unlike apple just wish or here have a touchscreen phone, but the user experience is horrible. they are again clunky.
Is your Shift key broken?
Old 04-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #86
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

eh, me thinks he is a fan of ee cummings
Old 04-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #87
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
Is your Shift key broken?
my cat ate the shift key.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:41 PM   #88
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine....
Old 04-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #89
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (well lookie here!)

With chicken salad sammiches and duck?
Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #90
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Don't forget the Tartar Sauce
Old 06-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #91
Roo Zilla
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: iPhon
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

...Hmmm...

Reminds me of what Steve Ballmer had to say about the iPhone when it was first introduced.

You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcUicfqelC8

Lets say you look at the future of smartphones, say 10 years down the line. Which do you think the smartphone of the future will more resemble? An iPhone, or a Blackberry?

Last edited by Roo Zilla; 06-22-2010 at 01:52 PM..
Old 07-02-2010, 06:02 AM   #92
PDM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Is this thread dead already? :eek:
Old 07-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #93
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Thank god.. let's not revive it.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-07-2010, 03:42 AM   #94
darkamikaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 20d94251
Carrier: AT&T or Cingular

Sorry Revival here!

I've been reading on a lot of phone stuff lately and tbh I think the problem with RIM is that they barely share information on what they're working on! They're not talking to the community :/
That's my slice of pie. I love my bold (even though it's having battery issues currently T_T) but.. as just a regular consumer .. other phone's are looking more intriguing to use :o ..

I guess RIM is just placed in such a high throne that people are just waiting so much for another "WOW" factor they delivered before. I dunno. I'm really hoping BBSlider and heck, maybe even clamshell with new 6.0 will deliver something bananaz!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:56 AM   #95
SteveO86

RIM now has a Beta Site, consumers can up for and they also have an official blog (and I think a twitter account). So RIM is actually getting better in that aspect.

Sure it's not too much but it's there.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #96
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Default Apple Chairman Clueless?

Considering the recent events with the iphony 4 where jobs said that it was fixable with software and it turns out not to be I nominate steve jobs has being either completely clueless or a bald face lier.

Comments anyone?
Old 07-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #97
SteveO86

Dunno, but I like the specific way you have to hold the iPhone4... That's gotta be the stupidest thing I've ever heard..

We have BB Thumb, they will have iPhone hand lol

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #98
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

iPhony 4 hand job?
Old 07-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #99
CoraCora
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: SKLX
PIN: no pin on a sidekick
Carrier: T-Mobile US

What about Tmob Ex Danger Powerd devices such as the Kin & Sidekick?
To me bb will still imo be better than a overrated iphone and Competetive Droid market.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #100
darkamikaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 20d94251
Carrier: AT&T or Cingular

kin and sidekick are deaddd dun dun dun. as for the iphone 4 debacle. Apple is pretty known for not admiting faults.. so I'm not surprised by Steve Job's response.

I think though that there needs to be credit given out to both the iPhone and the android phones because they're both giving a competition, a very good competition against RIM and their phones. I've been on engadget alot, and they all seem to bash RIM but I think they're just ignoring the good sides their handhelds offer. Though I do admit the competition does have very intriguing new things that I wouldn't mind having on my bb if I could.
Closed Thread