BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
danimee

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Mass Storage problem? (Tried several fixes but won't work)

Please Login to Remove!

I first purchased my bold 9700 from a local AT&T store in January 2010. It worked fine for 4 months. The USB connection (mass storage problem) was okay and could easily transfer everything from the device to the laptop. The only problem I had with it was that the trackpad started sinking in gradually and after 3 ½ months, it was completely sunken in and I had to press it several times to select menu/option.

So I went to the store where I bought it from and talked to the rep about the problem and he gave me a number for warranty and after a few phone calls, I successfully received a new (or refurbished, not sure) bold 9700. My replacement device was the only thing I received—as for the accessories such as battery, media card, SIM card, phone case, USB cable were NOT included in the replacement box. So basically I had to use my original accessories, which is fine with me.

When I removed the media card from my old 9700, I didn’t format the card but just installed it into my replacement device right away. And ever since, everytime I try to connect my device to the laptop through USB cable, it doesn’t recognize my media card at all. It saves pictures/songs/videos on the device itself but won’t sync it through USB connection.

I’ve tried connecting it through other computers in my house but no result.

I even tried downloading Blackberry Desktop Manager (w/ Media Manager & Roxie), it keeps saying that I did NOT install the memory card correctly or that my mass storage mode is NOT turned on.

After researching for 3-4 hours online, I tried battery pull, media card format, un & reinstalling Blackberry Desktop Manager, even that pinstack mass storage reset file for refurbished blackberry devices.

I know for a fact that my USB cord is not damaged because it worked just fine with my old 9700. So what am I doing wrong here or what haven’t I tried?

Any advice/input will be appreciated!
Thank you.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

I think its as simple as this!

1> You had Encryption on the OLD BB device which encrypted ALL files on your MicroSD card. IF this WAS ACTUALLY done this is WHY on the laptop (memory card reader), or from BBDM or on the 9700 Replacement device the card is NOT recognized.

2> The Replacement has encryption enabled and you've NOT enabled the card as well.

Go FIRST with option one before doing ANYTHING to the card in option #2 because Options #2 if turned on (you CAN check first of course) wipes the card completely clean.
Closed Thread