Old 08-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Aviator168
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default BlackBerry SIP VoIP Softphone BlackVoib verion 1.5 released

Please Login to Remove!

This is first one I have seen that integrated with BlackBerry's phone, contact, call log and sound profile system.
BlackVoib - A SIP VoIP Softphone for BlackBerry Devices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackVoib version 1.5.0 released

The major feature addition in this version is Sound Profile Management integration into BlackVoib. If you are running OS late version 5 and OS 6 , you will be able to set the ring tones by editing the BlackVoib's Sound Profile. You can set it to loud, silence, or vibrate only, just like you normally do with your BlackBerry device. In addition, every call you made, received, missed will be logged in the BlackBerry Call Log.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 08-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO
Default Re: BlackBerry SIP VoIP Softphone BlackVoib verion 1.5 released

Explain how this works, it looks like I have to get a VoIP provide. Would the calls come out of my minutes? If I used this from International to the states, would this count as an international call according to my cell carrier?
Old 08-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Aviator168
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: BlackBerry SIP VoIP Softphone BlackVoib verion 1.5 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
Explain how this works, it looks like I have to get a VoIP provide. Would the calls come out of my minutes? If I used this from International to the states, would this count as an international call according to my cell carrier?
Yes. You need to get an account from a SIP VoIP provider of your choice, and there are about 20000 of them in the world. Usually calls cost about 0.01USD to 0.02USD per minutes to many countries. If the device is connected via wifi, the call will NOT come out from your cell minutes, and you can be anywhere in world.
Closed Thread