Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
cmh2001
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT
Default BES and my new Curve

Please Login to Remove!

This is probly a server side problem, but I thought I would throw it out there since I'm not BB-savy yet.

My new company has just set up their BB server. They gave me a password to use as an activation key. I go into my Setup Email function and type in my email address and activation password. Press Next, and it tries to connect to the server. It tries three times and then says that it cannot connect. Every time it tries to connect it sends an email to my inbox.

I noticed that on my setup screen there is also a place for 'Activation Server Address'. Is that mandatory? I don't have anything for that. The thing seems to try to connect when I leave that blank.

On a side note, ever since Dec. 25th, the Blackberry server has sent me the activation email every 30 minutes. So when I got to work today, I had about 200 of those things sitting in my Inbox. And my BB still won't receive company email.

The IT department seems to be on vacation as I haven't gotten any response from them since before Christmas. Does anyone have any idea if there there is anything I can do on my side to get this working? Or do I have to wait till IT gets around to it?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
soupandsandwich

Do you have an Enterprise BlackBerry Data Plan provisioned on your account?
Sounds like you only have the prosumer BlackBerry Data Plan.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
cmh2001
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yowsers, I'm on the phone right now getting T-Mobile to change my plan to the Enterprise software. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks,
Old 12-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
GTurner
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: 248AF1C3
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Server end issue... most likely

Do you have any other working BB's on this server? what the process is supposed to do is send an activation email out via blackberry's network to your email address.. then your BES server *local* will see that and instantly hide it from you *you should only see this for less than 5 seconds* and your bb will continue.. sounds like your companys BES is not communicating to Exchange properly.. *usualy this is an MAPI issue*.

Geoff Turner
Systems Engineer
SyncMeMobile.com - Hosted Microsoft Exchange 2007 W/BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 and VoIP PBX.

www.SyncMeMobile.com
PIN - 248AF1C3
Old 12-30-2008, 09:28 PM   #5
cmh2001
Thumbs Must Hurt

I now have the Enterprise Email w/ unlimited internet option on my T-Mobile service. They said it would take 2-48 hours to be active. We are in about hour 30. I did try to run the Enterprise email setup from my BB a couple times today. I didn't get the same time-out error, but it did fail giving an error with no explanation.

My internet on my BB is not working right now. It hasn't been for about 24 hours. Does the BES have to be set up properly for my internet to work? Or is the internet connection independent of the email?

When I first got my BB a month ago, I set it up with a BIS plan. When it was setup I got a BB message saying that it was active. I haven't received any message from TMobile saying the BES option is active. I'm hoping that is still to come and that everything will work when that happens.

We do have other BB's on this server. Our company was recently purchased by a German company and they had no BES at all. Then just before Christmas they got one operational. They sent out an email and I know of about 3 people that have their BB's working on the server. But I know of many more people that can't get it working following the same instructions.

I will likely have to wait until after New Years to get this all sorted out.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
MarkF
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch

cmh2001 - You need to permanently delete all those other activation emails and try again. Make sure they are removed from your Deleted Items folder too
Old 12-31-2008, 10:54 AM   #7
cmh2001
Thumbs Must Hurt

I am in business!

I came to work this morning sync'ed to my desktop. Next thing I know its working. Suddenly I have work email on my Curve.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:05 AM   #8
MarkF
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch

sure hope your desktop isn't doing the forwarding now - makes for an unpleasant surprise when you shut your PC off and stop getting emails
Old 12-31-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh2001 View Post
My internet on my BB is not working right now. It hasn't been for about 24 hours. Does the BES have to be set up properly for my internet to work?
No but your data plan has to be properly provisioned. At the point you posted you were probably in limbo between the BIS data plan and the BES data plan.
Closed Thread