Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #21
jlbdca
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

It sounds like you set the desktop manager to use the redirector when in fact messages will be pulled from the BIS. Try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javed
By installing the Internet Edition of Desktop Manager, this will remove the Desktop Redirector as email redirection is done via the BlackBerry Internet Site (obtained from your Service Provider)
Old 08-09-2007, 12:44 AM   #22
nrinker

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Red face Thanks!

I'll give it a shot! Appreciate the feedback.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:17 AM   #23
evenmosbek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: several
Carrier: Trigcom

Complete guide from rim
BlackBerry Search Results

Info above is correct. I just paste the link so its all in one "post"

useful guide: How to clean you Blackberry trackball
Old 12-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #24
gibson_hg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: NA
PIN: 80081ES
Carrier: NA

When you install Desktop Manager for Redirector you will get one of those emails every time you try to send an email using the Desktop[CMIME] service book. It encrypts the email to be sent in that messagel and then should be picked up by the Desktop Redirector, but since you don't have the BES service on your data plan it will not work. By reinstalling Desktop Manager for BIS you will no longer receive those emails. Also, if you do have the BES service as part of your data plan you will need to leave the Redirector running for email to function. It has to be able to monitor the inbox for those messages, and it only works for Exchange.

When you have the Redirector installed and you connect your BB you will be prompted to generate a new encryption key, this will then place Desktop[CMIME] service books on your BB. So if you ever install Desktop Manager with the wrong option, just re-install and delete the Desktop[CMIME] service books.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #25
cspatter

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon

I have installed the Desktop software with a BB that is used for oncall rotation in our group. I'm now getting these messages. I uninstalled the software and am still getting them. If I install without the redirector will I resolve the issue? Also could this be causing the BB not to recieve messages it should from the shared Exchange mailbox?
Old 02-05-2008, 10:53 AM   #26
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Welcome to the BBForums.

Full instructions here.... I keep getting odd emails from RIM - BlackBerryFAQ.com
Old 11-23-2008, 10:13 PM   #27
KesemTech

Model: 8703E
Carrier: verizon
Default Intermittent problem that seems to be part of this thread subject

Hi all,

Here's the issue I am experiencing. It seems that IF I send an e-mail from my BB to an EMAIL ADDRESS I HAVE HAD FOR A LONG TIME in my address book, I often get this message:

" Subject: RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an
associated server. Please do not delete,...."

This behavior seems to match an earlier version of this thread except that we have done the following steps to alleviate the problem:
We deleted the local 'service books', had Verizon resend them, deleted th elocal address book, re-synch'd it from the Outlook installation, and while many of the problems disappeared, there are still times and addresses that the device behaves this way.

Any sugggestions? We use BWC , though it is likely at some time in the past the desktop redirector was engaged. I don't know, it's been a long time

But as you likely know, this is driving me nuts! I often forward mail to myself as a scheme to set up reminders of what to do, who to call etc... since my own email address is one of the earliest I would have added, it often bounces or is undeliverable.
Closed Thread