Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 07:05 AM   #1
Peter Cash

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Blackberry or Iphone

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, I'd like to buy a powerfull and nice smartphone for working and fun. I like very much Blackberry but I think an Iphone 4 is better and nicer. What are your opinions and experiences? What do you recomended me?
Thanks a lot.
Peter
Old 09-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
lprmcnit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon

Right now, in my opinion, for enterprise/business use the Blackberry is the best phone. It has excellent security and features which allow it to easily be integrated in a business setting. From a marketing standpoint, I think it started as a business oriented device. The iPhone on the other hand started as a consumer/hobbyist device and is now trying to capture the business market. The touch screen on the iPhone is easy to manipulate, and browsing works well, though primarily for reading pages and not entering data on a web page. That still doesn't work all that great; it is still awkward. One of the other big issues is coverage. I'd be sure you are in an area\areas with good ATT coverage. We use VZW as our main cell provider and they have excellent coverage. The iTunes App Store is nice, but again, many of the apps don't work on wi-fi in a proxied business environment. I also HATE not being able to remove the battery from the iPhone like I do the Blackberry if weird stuff starts happening. My own opinion is that given the combination of coverage ( we use VZW), security and stability, and reliable PIM sync the Blackberry is the better device. The iPhone OS 4.0.x has some sync issues right now on 3g and 3gs devices which have been upgraded. Almost like WM devices :( No question, though, the iPhone right now is one getting more buzz.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #3
fratts
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: TBayTEL

But since you are asking this question, I think it's safe to assume that you're just into watching movies, streaming videos, and listening to music....Essentially a PMP with a built in phone. If that's the case, then get an Iphone. Like lprmcnit said, BlackBerry's are known and have been made famous because of their security and email, but if you don't care about that sort of thing then get an Iphone.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

*Move Thread*

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Seriously, you need to decide your top two or three must have functions or capabilities. Then compare devices and see which is best for you.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread