Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
Danny51

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: virgin
Default Iphone 4 vs. Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all, I was planning on getting a blackberry, and now the iphone 4 has come out, which is pretty tempting. Im going to be usign my phone for texting and social networking. I wont really need the browser.. mainly apps. I would also feel a lot better if i knew that there was a new bold coming out, because i want to get the most upgraded/up to date version. Let me know about your thoughts, thanks
Old 06-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
fratts
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: TBayTEL

This seems like what RIM is now working on.

BlackBerry Onyx Delta; a Refreshed Bold 9700? - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

However, the 9700 that is out currently is all this but only has 256meg of memory. You could always opt for the http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/26/r...-on-treatment/, which is the newest BB out currently.

As for the Iphone vs BB debate, thats all up to personal preferance. Iphone has way better app support, and browser. Where BB handles email and push notfications much better.

Basically, IMO, it comes down to what you're going to use the device for. Iphone is essentially directed at the multimedia aspect of the smart phone, where BB is more directed and reliable email and such. I know this didn't really answer your question. But the only answer really is, try the demos out and see what UI you like better.

I know for myself, I was always saying get a Blackberry, but I am really starting to get frustrated at how far behind RIM is when it comes to app support and browsing. Seeing the new specs of the Iphone, I have to admit, its really starting to attract me to jump ship.

Last edited by fratts; 06-08-2010 at 01:17 PM..
Old 06-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
Danny51

Model: none
Carrier: virgin

Thanks for the response. I am leaning more towards blackberry because of their exclusive plan with virgin for 40 dollars a month for unlimited social networking.. which is why im getting a smartphone. I will have to wait and see for iphone if any promotions come out, if 50 dollars monthly is their lowest plan i might just go with blackberry.
Closed Thread