Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 03:56 AM   #21
darel60

Model: 7100t
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone.
I bought new moto droid for me and want to give a dashing look by an elegant good skin on, So which website is best according to you for nice skins?

Last edited by JSanders; 02-18-2010 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: remove link
Old 03-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #22
OhHimAgain

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default For me, its the Blackberry by FAR!!

I gave the Motorola Android a fair chance, but when I switched to a Blackberry my stress level went from a 10 to a 2.

If you are under 30, or don't use your mobile device for business purposes, this post does NOT apply to you. (No offense to the under 30 crowd. It's just that you grew up with a lot more technology devices and learning new ways of doing things are easier on you.)

If you need to send and receive phone calls, send/receive text, send and receive email, manage your appointment calendar and otherwise continue doing your job, this post might help you.

Background - I am an over 40 self employed business person. I hope I save someone the pain and stress that I had by trying a Droid. I use MS Outlook for mail and calendaring on my desktop. I was a long time Palm Pilot then Palm Treo user. The Treo finally wore out and time to upgrade. I would have stayed with Palm, but their new products seemed lame compared to Droid and Blackberry.

The Verizon store salesperson (energetic early 20's) told me the Droid was the way to go, hands down it's the coolest thing in the Verizon armory.

I don't know if I even want this thing, but the salesman says there's a 30 day return policy (less restocking fee). Okay let's do this. I'll buy it. What a disaster from the very start.

1. I took my Droid home and, like I've done with my previous 5 phones, expected to hook a cable to my desktop and sync my email setups, contacts, calendar, etc. I just wanted to sync up my life and keep on trucking. WHAT!!! the Droid won't synch with Outlook desktop?!?! You've got to be effing kidding me right? A day and a half later here's the deal. The stock answer is "of course the Droid syncs with Outlook desktop". You just need to do it wirelessly through your Gmail account." I already have 7 different email accounts and I don't want a gMail account - too damn bad, if you want to continue your life, you'd better get a gMail account, and learn to use it and learn to use google apps - like calendaring too. Crap. There's got to be a better way, this can't be possible. So yes there are companies that claim to have an "app for that". CompanionLink is probably the leader. Forget about it - unless you like limping along or making do with cobbled calendar. Nice folks at CompanionLink. I called their tech support and quickly talked to friendly helpful people. They are hamstrung by Google, who won't give them the info they need to update the native Droid calendar. So CompanionLink needed to develop their own Calendar app, which as of mid-Feb 2010 not very robust. As you follow my experiences here, you may sense my growing displeasure with Google. They are beginning to "do harm". In any case, I decided to sync the google gMail way. Also forget about your outlook task list and notes. Google probably wouldn't mind if you'd stop using your Microsoft apps altogether.

2. Issue 2 is solely a Google issue brought on by my need to have a gMail account. So trust me when I say this, I am the only person in the world with my firstname and lastname, so imagine my dismay when I see that firstname.mylastname(at)gmail.com is already taken. WTF? in fact my last name is so unique, I was able to sign up and set up the gMail account with mylastname(at)gMail.com. I got to thinking, I must have set up the
firstname.lastname(at)gmail.com account a long time ago and just forgot the password. So I continue thinking, "I'll just call Google customer support and have them help me straighten this out." BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA HOOHOO-HAHAHAHAHA Another 3 days later I figure out out how utterly ridiculous I am for thinking that I should be able to contact Google customer service. Who do I think I am anyway? I am not important. As to Google, not only don't they have phone support or chat support, they don't even have support using email. WTF?? Google, the company that wants to take over the world, doesn't want to talk to their customers???? Whatever. Oh don't get me wrong, they have processes on their web site for reporting issues. You simply fill out a form and submit it, but I am 99.99 percent sure that it is completely automated, because there is no "other info or comment" section on the form and no matter what info I put in the form, and no matter how hard I tried to beg to speak to someone about my email name being hi-jacked, I kept getting the same form letter back telling me that there was not way to help solve my problem. Okay so I give up, I'll just use mylastname(at)gMail.com. I really do not like Google at all....

3. I Need to make a phone call. Clearly 50% of my first 30 calls the person on the other end says "what is the matter with your phone? I can barely hear you, get closer to the microphone, it sounds like you're in a tin can, I'm hearing an echo.....", and so on". If you buy a Motorola Android, get used to starting every phone conversation with "Can you hear me okay?" Two days later and after many conversations with Verizon tech support, we figure out that the original phone may have had a bad microphone, so they swapped it out for me. I still have phone problems, though less often. It turns out that the snap-on hard case is a bad design too. It causes the speaker phone to echo to the other party and probably causes the other microphone issues as well. I finally got to the point where 95% of my calls were trouble-free. But that still sucks.

4. Ass dialing, pocket dialing, lap dialing, slight touch of the sleeve dialing, ... All I want to do is make a call, talk on the phone and hang up. Is it too much to ask that the phone stays hung up? After a phone call ends, the Droid displays the recent call log, with the little touch icons allowing you to instantly make another call. PFFFFFT!!!! If you buy a Motorola Android, be prepared to train yourself to hit the hard-to-push main power button on the top edge of the phone, or hit the menu button on the front. I couldn't be completely trained in 30 days and after 25-35% of my completed calls, I still would end up accidentally dialing another call from my recent call log. Annoying for everyone involved. It is kind of funny at first, but after about 50 accidental calls in 30 days, your tolerance for this type of humor will wane.

5. Navigation. Comes in handy if you don't crash trying to use it. It's really cute when you're trying it out for the first time and not really lost, but come on google, on the third day I owned it I needed to navigate to an area I've never been to in Detroit. You should hear the navigation voice pronounce "M-39 Southfield Fwy Svc Drv". And oh, I needed to go from the hotel to Starbucks. The cute little droid seemed to know what I wanted to do, make a right, go half mile, another right, etc..... "you are at your destination". It took me around the block an back to the hotel. Going from Starbucks back to the hotel, it took me around the block and back to Starbucks. Okay I'm sure that it is my fault, but it's just not intuitive.

6. You'll need an App Killer?? What? What for? You see, on the droid the applications don't have an exit or shut down button. Google doesn't have one but don't worry, there's an app for that. But it comes with a little bit of spammy-adware. A lot of the "free" apps are like that.

7. Merting aty fivbe oclkock. Both the slide out keyboard and the touch screen suck bad for big fingered folks like me. and I never did find any arrowing scroll arrows on the touch screen. So if I needed to correct something three lines ago, I needed to accurately as possible touch the screen a little beyond the error and back arrow over it. Clearly 20% of my keystrokes are the back button key to erase errant keystrokes. The auto-completion and voice command dialing and searching were way cool though.

8. Need to look up a contact by company name? Forget about it. Last name? Maybe.

9. Do you want to start the phone or an app simply by touching a button on the front? Nope, you gotta hit the main power button on the top edge.

10. Need to set up a POP3 email account? It's supposed to work but didn't for me. By the way, while googling for some customer support on this, I see that dozens of fine folks have had their email account settings wiped out for no apparent reason. I'm better off for not getting mine set up in the first place. 10 Strikes. I took it back and I'm feeling way more calm.

Maybe the Android is good for doing some really cool things with really large media files (whatever that means), maybe even two at once..... but I need to do some really boring things like making phone calls to people that I know, then hanging up the phone, setting appointments and sending texts and emails. I switched to the Curve 8530 and haven't had it 12 hours yet. It's not completely set up but it is already a much more productive business tool.

My opinion is that it won't be simple for a long time PDA user to change to a Droid and continue doing things the way they always have. I want a business tool that I can use, not one that wants to change the way I do business.

The Motorola Android was not for me, but I've talked to several people who really love it - none of them business users. Best of luck everyone. I'll stick with the Curve and I'm sure that there'll be something better out in two years when it's time to replace it.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #23
dualsub2006
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
PIN: Head
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHimAgain View Post
I gave the Motorola Android a fair chance, but when I switched to a Blackberry my stress level went from a 10 to a 2.

If you are under 30, or don't use your mobile device for business purposes, this post does NOT apply to you. (No offense to the under 30 crowd. It's just that you grew up with a lot more technology devices and learning new ways of doing things are easier on you.)

If you need to send and receive phone calls, send/receive text, send and receive email, manage your appointment calendar and otherwise continue doing your job, this post might help you.
I'm a 40's Droid user that uses it my phone for business every single day of the week. Calls, email, calendaring and all that other good stuff. I was a Gmail and Google Apps Premier user before I bought the Droid so maybe things were easier for me going in, but we don't seem like we are very different at all.

1 & 2. I've never read a review or article about an Android phone that didn't touch on the fact that you need a Gmail account for an Android device as desktop syncing isn't available out of the box. I don't know if you missed this or didn't research it, but this is a well known fact to anyone that has investigated getting one of these devices.

3. Don't use the hard case at all any more but the one that I got at Best Buy (not VZW mondel) worked without issue. I just got tired of removing it to put the phone in the window mount and multi media dock.

4. Butt dialing on a Droid is really hard to do as it is a two step process. You not only have to hit an entry in the call log, you have to hit that one spot on screen that says "call". Your fingers or your butt must be HUGE.

I would like for there to be a setting to allow me to select the screen that I get dumped to when ending a call.

5. Navigation has been flawless for me. I find the female voice to be hilarious sometimes, but I have dumped my Tom Tom because of the quality of Nav on the Droid.

6. You DO NOT need an app killer. Android is Linux and Linux does a very good job managing memory and background tasks. There are some poorly written apps, but rarely do they have an impact on the operation of the phone.

Aside from that, your BB manages memory like Congress manages the budget. At least you CAN do something on an Android device other than pulling the battery if the need ever actually arises.

7. I got used to Touch typing on my iPod Touch and the Droid was a natural progression for me. I find that the auto correct keeps me from having to go back and make corrections. My custom dictionary contains names, street names, odd city names and most of the other words that I type frequently.

8. True dat. There is an app for that. It is both free and ad free, but it is not convenient to use just to be able to search contacts by company. By last name works for me every time. Not sure what issue you were having.

9. I don't want to hit a button the front of the phone to start an app or open the dialer. Talk about ease of butt dialing.

10. Don't use POP email any more.

Bottom line is, you didn't like it and you are back to a BB. That's good for you. There is a learning curve with every device and Android is no different.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #24
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

I've got both an 8900 and Droid and the OP is right: if you need what he uses his phone for don't get a Droid. The BB is more intuitive and easier with its menus than the Droid. I notice that he didn't touch on the one thing the Droid rocks at: browsing. Let me say this very clearly: if you don't care much about browsing on the bigger screen then you may like your BB better. I'll leave it at that.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:11 PM   #25
wingnut144

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

I have a Motorola Droid and I love it! I think its one of the best phones out there.

You can sync it easily to MS Exchange so I get my work email, you can also use Gmail, etc without any problems.

Nice big screen, solid feel, all around its a good one.

I also have used my wifes BB 8330, and don't like it as much.......

So, go get a Droid!!
Old 03-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #26
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650

I got a Storm 2 when I switched to Verizon. Kept it 3 weeks and swapped for a Droid. Now, after just over 3 months with the Droid, I am currently waiting to receive a Tour I bought off of ebay so I can get rid of the Droid.

Droid has an amazing screen and is great for browsing. Other than that, I much prefer the BB and since browsing is only a nice to have feature vs. the reason I have a SmartPhone, I'm going back.

If there were the ability to sync Contacts and Calendar directly between phone and Outlook and have everything show up on Droid the way it is in Outlook, I might have kept it. But no. Using a third Party Software (Companionlink) I was finally able to sync my contacts between Outlook and Gmail. Problem is, when they sync between Gmail and Droid, Droid arbitrarliy decides to merge some of the contacts together. I don't have a choice to keep them separate and what they are merging does not make sense to me and I don't want it. Since having my complete Contacts list (combined personal and work) on my phone is one of the major reasons I have a smart phone. The other reason is my calendar -- I don't even know what is going on with my calendar. The sync between Outlook and Gmail results in all recurring events (such as birthdays and holidays) loosing days. Can't figure it out (not a time zone problem because I've checked that) and am not going to live with it.

For email, since my primary personal email is Yahoo Mail Plus, to be honest, it works okay on the Droid. But I just prefer the way BB handles it. It could be because I've been used to it for so long.

The other thing I really don't like about the Droid is lack of built in Password protection. I don't feel like the "pattern" is anywhere near as secure and it makes me very uneasy. With the BB, I feel confident that, if I lose it or it gets stolen, it will wipe when whoever finds it tries the password too many times.

For what it's worth, if the choice were between Droid and Storm 2, it would be hard to decide. I really did not like the Storm 2 and never could get used to using the keypad on it. I switched to the Droid mainly because of the keyboard but ended up never using it as I had no problem typing on the Droid keypad.

Last edited by TXLady; 03-16-2010 at 04:34 PM..
Old 04-01-2010, 04:19 AM   #27
hakaida442
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550

A lot of my friends have android phones, but none of them is a REALTOR like me so they don't really need push email.

My work domain email gets forwarded to yahoo email and android os doesn't play with it well. I don't like the iphone, but I would go with an iphone before going with an android os phone.

As stated before, it doesn't sync with outlook which is a huge dealbreaker for me. Gmail sucks too. I can't stand conversation view. That's the other dealbreaker for me.

All of my friends say battery life is horrible on the android os as well.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #28
BUC

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLady View Post
I got a Storm 2 when I switched to Verizon. Kept it 3 weeks and swapped for a Droid. Now, after just over 3 months with the Droid, I am currently waiting to receive a Tour I bought off of ebay so I can get rid of the Droid.
For what it's worth, if the choice were between Droid and Storm 2, it would be hard to decide. I really did not like the Storm 2 and never could get used to using the keypad on it. I switched to the Droid mainly because of the keyboard but ended up never using it as I had no problem typing on the Droid keypad.
As everything else it all comes down to personal opinion and I respect yours, but I love typing on the Storm 2... it took some time to get used to but after (lets say) a week, I was convinced it its better than even iphone typing experience and many small physical keyboards (curves).... you get SureType, Tap Tap and full Qwerty, as well as an improved tactical feedback... and I would say that if you only try it inside a Verizon store you will not like it (i know you had it for 3 weeks) but at the end I love it.... and after the OS upgrade the typing was improved (more glow and key indicator, just like the iphone).

Multimedia is really important to me and I think BBs in general are really good in this area, I do not envy any iPhone much less Android phone in this subject.
Web browsing stinks, but Opera 5 official release makes it a bit better...

Battery life could be better but having a car charger and usb at the office works pretty well... (using it for music all day long I have to charge it almost twice a day)

And apps as everyone knows goes iPhone>Android and then the rest... but for the Storm 2 there are some useful and well done apps, as well as nice games.. (Need for Speed, Road Mania, PBA Bowling 2, Aces Traffic... are my FAV)
And now that Verizon just added Skype, its just gotten sweeter...

I understand this phone is not for everyone... but I would definitely pick my Storm 2 over any existing iPhone and Droid yet....
Old 04-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #29
jnyost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUC View Post
As everything else it all comes down to personal opinion and I respect yours, but I love typing on the Storm 2... it took some time to get used to but after (lets say) a week, I was convinced it its better than even iphone typing experience and many small physical keyboards (curves).... you get SureType, Tap Tap and full Qwerty, as well as an improved tactical feedback... and I would say that if you only try it inside a Verizon store you will not like it (i know you had it for 3 weeks) but at the end I love it.... and after the OS upgrade the typing was improved (more glow and key indicator, just like the iphone).

Multimedia is really important to me and I think BBs in general are really good in this area, I do not envy any iPhone much less Android phone in this subject.
Web browsing stinks, but Opera 5 official release makes it a bit better...

Battery life could be better but having a car charger and usb at the office works pretty well... (using it for music all day long I have to charge it almost twice a day)

And apps as everyone knows goes iPhone>Android and then the rest... but for the Storm 2 there are some useful and well done apps, as well as nice games.. (Need for Speed, Road Mania, PBA Bowling 2, Aces Traffic... are my FAV)
And now that Verizon just added Skype, its just gotten sweeter...

I understand this phone is not for everyone... but I would definitely pick my Storm 2 over any existing iPhone and Droid yet....
Well put...
Old 04-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #30
dualsub2006

Quote:
That's a joke, right? If not, I would question if you even know what multimedia means. I'm a Moto Droid owner but the iTunes/iPhone combo absolutely blows EVERYTHING else out of the water. You can't manage, explore, consume or download on a mobile media store on -->A N Y<-- Blackberry or Android device like you can on an iPhone.

A VERY large reason why I dumped my Blackberry was it's total and complete failure as a media player. As week as multimedia support is on the Droid it is still a massive step up from the BB.

Blackberry and Android both suffer from the exact same multimedia flaw and that is neither offers the desktop integration, media management or convenient store to buy, rent and download music, movies or TV shows from. Aside from that, neither platform offers anything that even closely resembles the iPod app on the iPhone.

The ONLY people that could POSSIBLY prefer the Blackberry over an iPhone as a media player would be those among us that haven't ever seen the iPhone/iPod Touch. As much as I love my Droid and all that it does for me I keep my 64GB iPod Touch (and now 64GB iPad) for multimedia. Seen them all, and nobody can touch Apple.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #31
jnyost

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsub2006 View Post
That's a joke, right? If not, I would question if you even know what multimedia means. I'm a Moto Droid owner but the iTunes/iPhone combo absolutely blows EVERYTHING else out of the water. You can't manage, explore, consume or download on a mobile media store on -->A N Y<-- Blackberry or Android device like you can on an iPhone.

A VERY large reason why I dumped my Blackberry was it's total and complete failure as a media player. As week as multimedia support is on the Droid it is still a massive step up from the BB.

Blackberry and Android both suffer from the exact same multimedia flaw and that is neither offers the desktop integration, media management or convenient store to buy, rent and download music, movies or TV shows from. Aside from that, neither platform offers anything that even closely resembles the iPod app on the iPhone.

The ONLY people that could POSSIBLY prefer the Blackberry over an iPhone as a media player would be those among us that haven't ever seen the iPhone/iPod Touch. As much as I love my Droid and all that it does for me I keep my 64GB iPod Touch (and now 64GB iPad) for multimedia. Seen them all, and nobody can touch Apple.
I agree that iPod is a little better, but it's not THAT much better. I also have an iPod Touch, but it never gets used. I use my BB for everything. It doesn't lack enough that I feel the need to turn on the Touch.

I'm lost, what's the reason for an iPad? Other than novelty, of course.

Last edited by jnyost; 04-04-2010 at 09:10 PM..
Old 04-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #32
dualsub2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyost View Post
I'm lost, what's the reason for an iPad? Other than novelty, of course.
Well, I bought it as a novelty. Then I started using it.

Pages and Numbers (I am a Droid user but everything else that I use is Mac) on the iPad are really nice. I edited spreadsheets on it yesterday afternoon, documents last night. In between I sat in on a conference call with my bosses and took notes on it. Then I wrote 3 reports in Pages for tomorrow morning. Then I streamed a Netflix movie. Read the USA Today this morning, watched a movie this afternoon and tried to catch up on Modern Family on the ABC app but just never could find the time.

In short, I am doing a lot with it that I didn't anticipate when I went and got it. It takes some getting used to, but it will go to work with me every day. Not something that I thought I would ever say. It is underpowered for a lot of tasks, but this thing has a future. Think of all of the times that you MacBook Pro (or laptop for you Windows users) is too much but your Droid (Blackberry) just isn't enough. For me that is about 30% of the time and that is where this thing will fit right in.

Just wait until college kids can load all of their textbooks on them this fall.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #33
BUC

Quote:

Actually I never liked the ipod/itunes combo.

I have always love my old school drag and drop and if I ever need sync it will be a second option.
I'm not into buying content of itunes either and there are options.

By multimedia I mean that all features related to media (pictures, music, video and let's say connectivity) the blackberry does it great.

The music player in the storm 2 is awesome, simple, the search by holding a touch on any artist or genre is amazing and the sound quality leave little room for improvement. Also I use my storm an average of 8 hours a day for music over my Altec Lansing stereo Bluetooth headphones with full av remote control, something iphones lack to this day

The 3.2 MP camera is better than the 5 MP on the droid (I compare) and the led is brigther. And is also better than picture quality on iphone. As for video recording is not so great but is not that far back either.

The photo viewer kinda sucks compare to iphone's or android options but it gets the job done.

Video playback is tricky cause if you throw any format (supposedly able to play) it will likely play but with some hiccups anyway I have a desktop converter that allows me to play videos on my storm with no prob at all. Great quality and size. (its called Videora for those interested).

I never had any issues with wifi or bt on my storm 2.

So I am not joking. Multimedia in my storm 2 is great and I have nothing to envy to any iphone or droid.

I have played a lot with ipod touch. There are 3 at my house and I stand behind my opinion. Maybe this does not apply for all blackberries but the Storm 2 is great for this.

Btw try sharing files over bt with an iphone.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:25 PM   #34
dualsub2006

Quote:
Btw try sharing files over bt with an iphone.
Can't, don't have one. Don't know if my Droid does it or not. Wouldn't care if it doesn't. I'm thrilled to be away from the dinosaur that is the BB OS. Besides, who needs BT file transfer when you have email?

Drag and drop? Why would I do that when there is auto sync in iTunes? I have smart playlists that automatically load music to my iPod and iPad. Hell, I can even auto sync with my Droid. It's called Double Twist and I bet it even works with your Storm.

I get that you don't like the iPhone/iTunes combo. However, I find it laughable that someone would claim any BB is a better multimedia experience than iPhone OS. No machine "made for email" even comes close. I've tried your Storm 2 and it isn't even in the race.

Sent from my iPad
Old 04-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #35
BUC

Quote:
Can't, don't have one. Don't know if my Droid does it or not. Wouldn't care if it doesn't. I'm thrilled to be away from the dinosaur that is the BB OS. Besides, who needs BT file transfer when you have email?

Drag and drop? Why would I do that when there is auto sync in iTunes? I have smart playlists that automatically load music to my iPod and iPad. Hell, I can even auto sync with my Droid. It's called Double Twist and I bet it even works with your Storm.

I get that you don't like the iPhone/iTunes combo. However, I find it laughable that someone would claim any BB is a better multimedia experience than iPhone OS. No machine "made for email" even comes close. I've tried your Storm 2 and it isn't even in the race.

Sent from my iPad
First of all I never claimed that the Storm has better multimedia capabilities than the iPhone/iPod Touch. I only stated my opinion that is that the Storms's multimedia features are great....

I comes down to a personal taste and while the Droid and iPhones both have many advantages over the Storm 2 (note that Im not speaking for all BBs out there) I find the Storm to be a better experience when it comes to browsing my music and making playlist AND SMART PLAYLIST too and such ON THE DEVICE ITSELF... I do not like iTunes and I dont use any other Sync software for my multimedia because I am a very picky organized person who keeps everything under many folders and sub-folders in music, photo and video department. The iPhone would not serve me for this purpose cause it does not give me the freedom to manage my pictures this way.
And I understand most people will be happy with iTunes/iPod but I still have my old drag and drop habit... its a habit that I am happy to be with... I control what goes and what does not into and out of my phone/media-player...

You are right, nobody cares about BT transfers nowadays... emailing is better... guess which device does that one better?

I will point out one more time, that it all comes to personal opinion, and the dinosaur BB OS is actually the one that I find more productive and easy to surf (after you get use to it of course)....

(Also note that iPhone OS is the oldest of the 3 phones we are discussing)...
I agree that Android OS is the best looking and probably more powerfull in terms of performance, customization and looks... but I still like my BB 5.0 OS and I dont need the "cool" factor over my "function"...

I love being able to do anything within the dropdown menus, and keeping apps in folders or main screen if I want to...

Android widgets are cool, but Themes kinda make up for it (I already have 2 free themes with animated wallpapers like the ones in Android 2.1 which Im guessing you dont have just yet)... and I can still customize how many icons I can have in my home screen as well as clock shortcut, profiles and connections... so I dont really see the point...

So bottomline, you love your Droid and I respect that, actually I agree with many of your opinions, but I also love the way my Storm 2 works and if I find the multimedia experience to be great in my phone, who are you to tell me Im wrong?

Last edited by BUC; 04-07-2010 at 04:10 PM..
Old 05-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #36
seanecy

Carrier: verizon

I have had iphone, storm, droid, storm2, and FOR MY LIFE the storm 2 JUST MAKES SENCE! All really good devices, When i need something done that matters in my life on the run. Well there is nothing better. My opinion, if i had a lot more free time in my life, the droid or iphone would be something i would think about trying agian. MY OPINION, is the BB OS has the perfect balance between biz and fun. Love BBM! And i like the fact that if i want to change something quickly on my phone, such as a sound or connection, it cant get quicker than the storm, Just wait till OS 6, then who knows. But then the iphone 2, 3, 4, then the droid 2, 3, 4. It will never end. Cant we all just get along!! And you guys are right you need to give a new device at least 2 weeks to see if you like it. And much more if the OS is new to you.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #37
davidA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanecy View Post
I have had iphone, storm, droid, storm2, and FOR MY LIFE the storm 2 JUST MAKES SENCE!
The Storm 2 makes no sense at all to anyone who wants a proper keyboard seanecy. You are merely stating your preference.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #38
seanecy

Anyone is a big word. so what your saying is that you have owned all the phones stated, givin them a fair try, like me, and come to a fair......well nevermind, i guess i did not write MY OPINION, or "my life" enough. so the iphone keyboard cant be a "proper" keyboard because it has no feeling at all, the storm cant be because is is not made of plastic, but the small flat keyboard must be just perfect. Thanks for the wisdom. Thanks for telling everyone that i was stating my preference, i think they got it when i wrote "for my life" Thank you for stating the obvious! Peace!
Old 05-26-2010, 08:33 AM   #39
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanecy View Post
I have had iphone, storm, droid, storm2, and FOR MY LIFE the storm 2 JUST MAKES SENCE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidA View Post
You are merely stating your preference.
Correct, he stated that in his original post. He said "for my life". So yeah, that's his preference.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 05-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #40
seanecy

BTW i dont want to sell iphone and droid apps short. They have lots of cool fun apps. But what i found is that after i paid for them used the hell out of them for a week, show them off to all my friends, I NEVER USED THEM AGAIN! But i have lots of friends with BB's that have never hooked to PC and never used BBM. Once i show them BBM lists and groups for family and work and so on, they thank me every time i see them. A lot say "i have had BB's for years and never knew i could do that". (not everyone are phone freaks like us). Its very cool to see that. I see ads for droids "star" and "layer" apps, and it makes me want one again. But i just would not use them after the new is gone. (just me thinking)(JUST ME!)
Closed Thread