BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 02-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
Raptor464
Kid Tested. Mom Approved.

Model: 9700
PIN: eapple under the sea
Carrier: T-mobile USA
Default Latest OS: 8820 4.5.0.312/4.5.0.187 (Multilanguage)

Please Login to Remove!

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.312 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.312
Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.5.0.187
* Software Platform: 2.7.0.109
* File name: 8820M_PBr4.5.0_rel312_PL2.7.0.109_A4.5.0.187_O2_UK .exe
* File size: 92.58MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

* Download Software: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B73B97E1AAA491

This download is work on ANY carrier's 8820 model BB. (Not 8800 or 8830)

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded. (Vista users be sure to right click on the .exe file and select "Run As Adminstrator.")
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.

Previous OS version here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html

Last edited by John Clark; 04-05-2010 at 06:46 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
sauliusonis

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bite

Thank you for new software, and instructions, but i'm having quite big problem with update.
Before updating phone's software, I backed up all data to my pc, after the updating process I restored all data(such as contacts, calendar appointments and etc.) but I noticed that Blackberry applications such as Memo's and Tasks are gone, and valuable data with them too.
So I dont know what to do, Memo's had very important information which is valuable for
me and I must recover it, also Tasks app is important for me to, so if someone knows how to download them and install without Blackberry app World (In Lithuania we dont have access to app world) please reply.
Thank you for your answers and have a nice day
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well i just found the answer myself, I just needed to go to BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then to Application Loader, adn there all "lost" applications(not third party apps unfortunately) were unchecked ;)

Last edited by sauliusonis; 03-15-2010 at 02:18 PM..
Old 08-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
ULTRON
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 2439AF38
Carrier: AT&T

Well if you follow the above method correctly, you just plug in the BB and it updates (including backing up all previous data) automatically as it did in my case. All my previous data is still there.

You don't need "blackberry world app," everything can be done using "blackberry desktop manager." Try to download it and see.

ULTRON

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauliusonis View Post
Thank you for new software, and instructions, but i'm having quite big problem with update.
Before updating phone's software, I backed up all data to my pc, after the updating process I restored all data(such as contacts, calendar appointments and etc.) but I noticed that Blackberry applications such as Memo's and Tasks are gone, and valuable data with them too.
So I dont know what to do, Memo's had very important information which is valuable for
me and I must recover it, also Tasks app is important for me to, so if someone knows how to download them and install without Blackberry app World (In Lithuania we dont have access to app world) please reply.
Thank you for your answers and have a nice day
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well i just found the answer myself, I just needed to go to BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then to Application Loader, adn there all "lost" applications(not third party apps unfortunately) were unchecked ;)
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." - JESUS CHRIST; Matthew 11:28; KJV.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:34 AM   #4
blackberryviet
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Latest OS: 8820 4.5.0.312/4.5.0.187 (Multilanguage)

Hi/
Can you help me setup this soft. I have just know bb8820