Old 09-28-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
DonB368
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Invisible Shield Question

Please Login to Remove!

A question for anyone using the Invisible Shield by Zagg (invisibleSHIELD | iPod Case, Screen Protector, Cover, Shield, Skin, Invisible Shield).....Are there shield pieces for the sides? I just received the skin set from BestSkinsEver (Best Skins Ever Home Page), and it does not. I have read in many forums that the products are exactly the same (except $7 versus $25), but side covers in one and not the other is a pretty significant difference, that for me anyway, would justify spending the extra money!
Don
Old 09-28-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Yes, Shieldzone includes pieces for the sides. Best skins does not.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #3
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB368 View Post
A question for anyone using the Invisible Shield by Zagg (invisibleSHIELD | iPod Case, Screen Protector, Cover, Shield, Skin, Invisible Shield).....Are there shield pieces for the sides? I just received the skin set from BestSkinsEver (Best Skins Ever Home Page), and it does not. I have read in many forums that the products are exactly the same (except $7 versus $25), but side covers in one and not the other is a pretty significant difference, that for me anyway, would justify spending the extra money!
Don
Invisible shield also has a lifetime warranty. You can get pieces as often as you want.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
DonB368
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonbomb1987 View Post
Invisible shield also has a lifetime warranty. You can get pieces as often as you want.
Yeah, the lifetime warranty is a plus, but I can order 4 from BestSkins for almost the same price as 1 from InvisibleShield! Don't get me wrong - I am not putting down InvisibleShield - I have one on my son's PSP, and a full skin on my wife's Razr, and there is no doubt it is a quality product. But Bestskins seems to be the same quality, is a lot cheaper, and so far I have never needed a replacement for either of the InvisibleShields (now I have gone and cursed myself!!). But, back to my original post - if I would have known there were not side pieces with the BestSkin - I would have ordered the InvisibleShield for sure!

Do you think Invisibleshield will sell me just the side pieces? I sent them an Email, but i don't think it is very likely!

JC - I think it was one of your posts that said you were using Egrips with your shield. I have ordered them as well - are they removable? If you ever need to take them off, do they leave any residue or glue behind?
Thanks Guys,
Don
Old 09-29-2007, 03:22 AM   #5
Omarberry

Model: 8300

Not entirely... It depends on the model. I can tell you that the invisibleSHIELD website shows an illustration for each of the skins they sell. Something that you can't find anywhere on the BestSkinsEver website. So you should be able to determine whether it covers the areas that you're concerned about or not. Here's the illustration for the BB Curve 8300: --->>> BLACKBERRY CURVE 8300 <<<---

I can agree with those who think that they would rather have the BestSkinsEver because it is a 1/3 or 1/4 the cost if the invisibleSHIELD.

That illustration, albeit a minor detail for some, was the one thing that sealed the deal with invisibleSHIELD for me.

As for the lifetime warranty offer on the invisibleSHIELD, it made no difference to me. First, if they claim that its "made from a urethane film originally used to protect the leading edges of military helicopter blades..., durable, and virtually scratch-proof" I highly doubt I'll ever need to replace it due to it getting scratched. Although I have read somewhere that in a few instances, the shield began to peel off after a "while". And second, depending on how long that "while" may be, I might be with a different phone by then.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:53 AM   #6
tobyw
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I have invisible shield, and if you get this please be careful putting it on. Mine for the back and bottom went on ok. However, I messed the screen one up to the extent that I had to buy another one - and I messed that up too! I now have an el cheapo one from fleabay, although that is pretty rubbish.

If you get them on ok and are not cack-handed like me then they seem to be really good. I never bothered putting the side ones on. To be honest, they don't look bad for 6 months use. I am, however, pleased I had invisible shield on the back and bottom.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:59 AM   #7
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

The only issues I've had with the SZ for my Pearl is the small pieces that go on the ends of the side rails. They never really fit properly and left gaps in between. They also peel sooner since they're small. Someone here mentioned using saran wrap to hold everything in place while it dries but I didn't try that method.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:34 AM   #8
DrMoze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

I've had BSE on my Pearl for almost a year now. I carry it in my pocket, no case. The silver sides are "unprotected" and they look fine. IMO the side pieces are completely unnecessary, and likely wouldn't stay on as well because of the curvature and small size. Not once have I wished (or thought abut, until now) that I had side protectors.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #9
b_ohare
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Be aware that Invisible Shield lifetime warranty isn't free

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonbomb1987 View Post
See my posts (#23 and #25) at http://www.blackberryforums.com/hard...n-options.html. Be aware of their deceptive advertising.

- B.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #10
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brilovett View Post
See my posts (#23 and #25) at http://www.blackberryforums.com/hard...n-options.html. Be aware of their deceptive advertising.

- B.
Wow I read your post and it is a scam. I was not aware of this procedure, but now that I know, I def wont be getting skins from them. I used the BSE ones to begin with and have no regrets. Thanks for the info.