Old 01-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #41
richardyoo

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu_Zagg View Post
Hi I am an employee of Zagg and am here looking for questions or comments from anyone interested in our products or a customer of ours.
I've been a customer for years... I got to say that your shipping dept needs some work... the past few orders I've gotten we either wrong or incomplete - eventually everything got sorted out but it they were all huge pains.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:06 PM   #42
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Wow. Glad I found this string. I was just getting ready to order one but now I think I won't both.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:03 AM   #43
shizuku

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs up

I recently received and installed Invisible Shield to my Storm. Shipping took longer than expected, but I couldn't complain because shipping was free.

I wore nitrile gloves to make sure there would be no fingerprints when I installed the stuff. I do have some suggestions. First, there should be corner protection. Second, there shouldn't be a cut-out for the indicator light in the front or the blackberry logo on the battery cover. Other than that, the stuff works great.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #44
awalker819
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: Just ask!
Carrier: T-Mobile

I had an IS on my Pearl for a few months (well still do but use my Curve now). While I thought it was a bit expensive, I was willing to shell out the money because after all $25 to keep my BB safe doesn't seem too bad. It is a little thick, the whole orange peel thing is a little weird at first. But the only real complaint is that the ends of the skin on the side rails started to peel after a month or so. I had to cut them off because they were just collecting fuzz from my pocket! Right now I have a BSE on my Curve, I'll give it a while before I can give a real comparison though.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #45
monkeypaw

Model: None

I use a similar product from Bodyguardz and I've never had a shipping problem at all. I live in California and the company is in Utah so I just use the free First Class mail. It has never taken more than 2 days to receive it. You get 2 sets instead of one on the first order and they also have a lifetime warranty.

I've had 4 orders and I've gotten them in 2 days each time.

BodyGuardz - Scratch-Proof Transparent Protective Skins for Mobile Devices | Skins, Covers, Screen Protectors, Cases, Shields
Old 02-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #46
brownkc

Model: 9700

I didn't like the little spray solution they sent. The plastic wrap around it tears in the wrong spot so you have to cut away the label. Also the spray didn't get the skin wet enough to let it slide around during the application process. I finally figured out how to make a soapy solution (light on the soap) that I could just dip the skin in. This let me move the skin around until I had it perfectly lined up.

I agree that trying to remove and reapply ends up in a stretched skin. Also, I find the full case protection annoying because of the seams. For my round 2, I went with BSE and the screen only version.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #47
Dubaian

Model: 9000

the screen protector is amazing, using it for the bold, iPod touch, and Nano
Old 02-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #48
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

i bought it for my berry 8310 and ipod 160 GB. the ipod was hard to install (the corvers at least). the phone was easy. im very happy with it, and will buy another set for my bold
Old 02-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #49
david9962000

Model: 9360
Carrier: at&t

Great product but why is it $11.99 for a small piece of plastic?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:47 AM   #50
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Great product, extremely happy with it. I use invisible shield and best skin ever.

The Invisible Shield seems to be tougher, harder to install and doesn't turn yellow over time.

However, it is pricey, and it doesn't help that it takes forever to get.

Basically, when weighting my options, i'm deciding whether to pay about 2-3 times as much and wait 2+ weeks to get it.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #51
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHawk3 View Post
Great product, extremely happy with it. I use invisible shield and best skin ever.

The Invisible Shield seems to be tougher, harder to install and doesn't turn yellow over time.

However, it is pricey, and it doesn't help that it takes forever to get.

Basically, when weighting my options, i'm deciding whether to pay about 2-3 times as much and wait 2+ weeks to get it.
I should add, your spray solution sucks!

Its horrible. Using it will cause a lot of bubbles and makes the shield alot harder to install. It seems to be watered down rubbing alchohol.

I always use dishwashing soap and water. It works waaaaay better.

It's still a tad harder to install than the BSE, but using dishwashing soap and water helps. Without it, the BSE is extremely easier to install and overall, will look better due to the easy, the bubbles are alot easier to get out.

I recommend changing your sprayshield solution, thats prob the downfall. Also cut down on price, maybe on not use such expensive packaging. Maybe sell everything seperately? Sell the shield by itself, and if people want to add the squeegy and solution, let them. Its annoying getting a bottle of your horrible spray solution everytime I buy it (I bought 4 different kinds of set this month).

And for others out there. I use both, BSE and Zagg. There is a difference in the shields. The BSE is more prone to stretching, and turns yellow over time. The Zagg does not, but is harder to install, the material does feel different, the Zagg seems to stick better, and has a "stickier" feel to it on the outside, making your phone "grippier." However, BSE is easier to install, fraction of the time and easier to get it "perfect."

I've taken both off and tried to reapply. The BSE will definately stretch if you try to peel it off (unless its hours within install). I can never reapply it. The InvisibleShield is harder to stretch, however, it dries out a lot quicker, 10mins after install will be just has hard to peel off a month later.

Last edited by BallHawk3; 03-15-2009 at 05:38 PM..
Old 03-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #52
zero7404

PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

i ruined and threw away my first invisible shield after failing to apply the first piece properly...

but decided to buy another one, this time i was a little more liberal with the spray, and i'm pretty satisfied about how it went on my storm...

although not perfect, it does protect the phone's surfaces which is what it's purpose is...

i do have a few suggestions and comments, comments first:

the parts of the shield that are meant to protect the top and bottom silver bezel on the phone (when looking at the phone in portrait view) would not adhere to the curved surface, no matter how much palming and fluid i sprayed...i simply sliced those parts off with a sharp blade. the left and right sides were easier to adhere. this could probably be because of the curvature differences of the top and bottom vs. left and right.

suggestions:
the shield does not need to have a cutout where the LED, Camera and flash are located. i applied the shield with these cutouts still in place and it does not affect functionality of those areas.
the shield could also benefit from a thickness reduction, it would make curved surfaces easier to adhere to and apply.

perhaps you can make a pre-shaped shield ? something like that could come in less pieces, and protect more of the phone than the current shield....
Old 03-15-2009, 11:52 PM   #53
parenthetical guy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: :reirraC

I think I'll try invisibleSHIELD next time. Keep up with the online coupon codes for BBF users! A screen protector is the most important accessory IMHO.

From the comments (and my experience): the 3 keys: a. protectiveness, b. longevity, c. ease of installation. Perfect these things and ZAGG will be set.

To be fair, this is what I'm using now and I do like:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/hard...rotectors.html

Especially now that I know what a "Patronus" is.

Last edited by parenthetical guy; 03-15-2009 at 11:59 PM..
Old 03-16-2009, 12:48 AM   #54
DrMoze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

I'm also a BSE user--same great material as the IS, but about 1/3 the price, and shipping is fast (received mine 3 days after I ordered). No problems installing the BSE's on 4 BBs to date--the first2 were on original Pearls and lasted over 2 years until I retired them recently. They still look great. (I didn't try to remove them, but I suspect the screen and case are pristine.) 2 BSE screen-only covers or a full-body option for about $7-9 shipped for most BB models is a great deal. That's why I didn't opt for the Zagg product.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #55
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by parenthetical guy View Post
the 3 keys: a. protectiveness, b. longevity, c. ease of installation.
IMO they've got A down. B as well (how do you beat a lifetime replacement warranty?) and C's just a matter of practice and patience.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #56
zero7404

PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

i have a question:
once the shield is applied and cured fully, how do you safely remove it without damaging the phone ?
for example, the plastic piece with the blackberry logo on the storm has 2 integrated buttons on the left and right and in this area the plastic is flexible. pulling on the shield in that area will pull on those areas too....
Old 04-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #57
2wheel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Hmmm, maybe I'm alone here, but I have the IS product on 5 different devices and have had no issues with installation, seams, clarity, or pealing unless I've tried to force a device into a cradle. And even then lifting the offending corner and reapplying via the solution went perfectly.

Devices I have the IS on: 8900, 8300, Garmin 705, Garmin 60CSx, Dell Mini 9.

The Dell was the trickiest to align. Probably due to the larger size.

Skin/decal installation in general require patience.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:04 AM   #58
Minister Stanley
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 305C7DB6

I didn't fine this thread until after I had ordered the Invisible Shield. I got nervous and didn't even open it for a week after receiving it. I got bored the other night (and you know what happens when you get bored). I pulled the battery, reinstalled the battery door and went to work. I took one piece at a time, used plenty of the solution (to allow for sliding a section into the coreect position. Then I would use the squeegy to get all the air bubbles out. I allowed about 6 min before moving to the next section to allow the piece to begin to dry. I left the phone unpowered overnight per instructions. The results are great. I agree abou this being expensive compared to other products of it's kind, but the results can be very good.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #59
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister Stanley View Post
I agree abou this being expensive compared to other products of it's kind, but the results can be very good.

keep in mind that you get a lifetime replacement for this price
Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #60
amber205a
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: sprint

I just bought screen protector for my new 8330 and it works fine for me so far, but I have to agree about the price, if yall would cut down on the box it comes in maybe you wouldnt have to price so high, all that box is a little excessive dont you think. I almost felt guilty for throwing away the box cause it was so nice. LOL

Good food, good sex, good digestion, good sleep: to these basic animal pleasures, man has added nothing but the good cigarette.
Closed Thread