juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
And also why are we comparing the blackberry to a PC anyway...?
Excellent question.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:59 PM   #22
Jwilliams1008
No longer Registered.

Model: 8310
PIN: 243b2864
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
is there really a point in continuing this thread?
Why do Blackberry theme creators charge for Themes - Because they want to charge for them
Why do Windows theme creators not charge for themes - because they dont want to charge for them

Obviously there are abberations on both sides, windows themes can be purchased, blackberry themes can be free. Does anyone need any more clarification than that?
Windows themes that can be purchased is indeed an abberation, the other way is not.

Let me come at this another way, as a consumer why do you pay for themes? Is it laziness? Ignorance? Or just appreciation for the builder? I've seen many free themes that are much better than the paid themes some people offer.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:59 PM   #23
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please mods shut this down it has no real informational value anymore its going to just turn into another pissing contest. I think every point that can be made has been made.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:03 PM   #24
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

I still have all this popcorn left, it's too early to close the thread.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:04 PM   #25
Jwilliams1008
No longer Registered.

Quote:
it is much easier to change the look of windows than a Blackberry. you dont really have to do much of anything. you dont need any software that isnt included in the operating system. You can also customize the OS while it is running. This is not true of blackberries. Everything requires an additional piece of software, and time and testing.

What does your windows theme have that isnt native to the OS. How is it changed from normal? And also why are we comparing the blackberry to a PC anyway...?
Apparently you've never themed windows. Just about everything you said is flat wrong.

You said
Quote:
What does your windows theme have that isnt native to the OS
Well considering I have XP and my theme looks exactly like vista.. a lot.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:04 PM   #26
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Please mods shut this down it has no real informational value anymore its going to just turn into another pissing contest. I think every point that can be made has been made.
i agree with you here Dawg . Insults are starting to fly and its really not necessary to continue this.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:06 PM   #27
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKyoo View Post
I still have all this popcorn left, it's too early to close the thread.

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/4...in_popcorn.jpg
well enjoy your popcorn kyoo Just closed will be around soon enough lol
Old 01-31-2008, 04:07 PM   #28
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilliams1008 View Post
Apparently you've never themed windows. Just about everything you said is flat wrong.

You said Well considering I have XP and my theme looks exactly like vista.. a lot.
I said it can be done, I have themed Windows and it doesnt take more than a few hours. It can be done from within the OS. Ever changed from Windows XP to Windows Classic Theme? All it does it change the icons (for the most part) and the color scheme. Everything is based on image files and that is *about* it.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:09 PM   #29
dakatza
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A

Just because people don't charge for the theme doesn't mean they aren't making money off of it. Banner ads on sites and other internet marketing schemes allow them to earn revenue from the traffic generated by their "Free" themes.

People have different motivations and different business models for generating revenue from content.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:10 PM   #30
Jwilliams1008
No longer Registered.

Quote:
i agree with you here Dawg . Insults are starting to fly and its really not necessary to continue this.
Who's insulting who? I think the only think that could have been considered an insult is when "someone" said that blackberry users are smarter than windows users. Other than that I don't think anyone insulted anyone.

Why would you shut this thread down? There has been no name calling and as far as I can remember the words "discussion forum" is all over this place which is what is happening here. A discussion. Just because we don't agree doesn't mean that the thread should be closed as long as we are being civil.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:13 PM   #31
Jwilliams1008
No longer Registered.

Quote:
I said it can be done, I have themed Windows and it doesnt take more than a few hours. It can be done from within the OS. Ever changed from Windows XP to Windows Classic Theme? All it does it change the icons (for the most part) and the color scheme. Everything is based on image files and that is *about* it.
An yet no one charges just for changing the icons and color scheme (as you saw the ones that charged for a windows theme involved a lot more) but they do on blackberry. That in a nutshell is my point.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:13 PM   #32
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

to ask if someone spent their money on something they wanted because of ignorance or laziness would be an insult. That is just the same as calling someone ignorant or lazy, it is inferred in your comment, that is what i was referring to. For the record i am done with this "discussion". you rejected the points made by myself and others as invalid, even though it was exactly in response to what you asked. You are searching for an answer that you will not find, something that satisfies what "you" think. The only one that can convince you, is you. Blackberry themes are not the same as Windows themes, or even Windows Mobile themes. The same cannot be done with them as with blackberries, and vice versa. People charge for anything they wish, and there are always people to buy, no matter what you are talking about. Using a single example of Blackberry Themes is akin to asking why there are 40 kinds of jelly in the grocery store. Do people need to buy jelly? No they do not. But they still do, and that is the same as here. To each their own.

Anyway, Good luck in your search for your answer.

Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 01-31-2008 at 04:18 PM..
Old 01-31-2008, 04:19 PM   #33
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Someone? That was me, and I take full credit for it. And if you can't take a joke, then I will close your thread. Gimme a break man, I use windows ALL day long, I would venture to guess that at least 85% of BlackBerry users are windows users. IT WAS A JOKE. haha.

haha hahahaa wahahaha

I say keep the thread open, Kyoo has the Poopcorn and I am off in the truck to the post office.

Mercy, Jwilliams, can't you accept the fact that some people can charge if they want to do so?
Old 01-31-2008, 04:20 PM   #34
Jwilliams1008
No longer Registered.

Quote:
to ask if someone spent their money on something they wanted because of ignorance or laziness would be an insult. That is just the same as calling someone ignorant or lazy, it is inferred in your comment, that is what i was referring to.
No, I gave another option, did you not see that? If you assume the first two apply to you that is not my problem. If I said you were "fat or skinny" would you say I called you fat?
Old 01-31-2008, 04:23 PM   #35
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Jwilliams, you aren't making a great second impression here.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:25 PM   #36
Dawg
No longer Registered.

They charge becuase there is a market for them plain and simple they buy them because they want them. If you cant undrstand that then we are all wasting our time.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:26 PM   #37
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

i said I was done and I really meant I am done arguing, i just have to laugh at this reasoning though. I really need to read that last post jwilliams1008, it made a long week a bit easier
Old 01-31-2008, 04:27 PM   #38
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Jwilliams, your tread title says "Touchy question", yet you act surprised by the responses you are getting. Your question has been answered multiple times in multiple ways. I agree with dawg. This is beating a dead horse at this point.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:29 PM   #39
Jwilliams1008
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Someone? That was me, and I take full credit for it. And if you can't take a joke, then I will close your thread. Gimme a break man, I use windows ALL day long, I would venture to guess that at least 85% of BlackBerry users are windows users. IT WAS A JOKE. haha.

haha hahahaa wahahaha

I say keep the thread open, Kyoo has the Poopcorn and I am off in the truck to the post office.

Mercy, Jwilliams, can't you accept the fact that some people can charge if they want to do so?
I can take a joke. I didn't bring up the fact that there were insults in this thread. I searched and that was the only thing I could see even coming close to one, and thats not saying that I perceived it as such.

I can accept the fact that some people charge... thats evident and that wasn't my question. Nevermind, though I guess I'm done seeing as not one person understood the point I was trying to make.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:33 PM   #40
Jwilliams1008
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Jwilliams, you aren't making a great second impression here.
neither is this place... I thought I could have an open discussion without people thinking I'm attacking them and threatening to shut down a thread that wasn't personal attacks.
Apparently as long as you agree with the status quo you're golden.
Closed Thread