Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBorg View Post
Well, if VZW does offer WiFi, you're likely to have to pay to unlock it. Isn't that how the GPS is?
no you cant pay to unlock it
Old 07-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #42
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
get off the freaking soap box already geez you sound like a broken record. every thread you say the same BS
Ahh a true fanboy, Verizon's favorite customers. No wonder they get away with what they do, when their customers just roll over and smile.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #43
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Ahh a true fanboy, Verizon's favorite customers. No wonder they get away with what they do, when their customers just roll over and smile.
same can be said of you and Sprint. I dont roll over i just dont need all the crap that you keep whinning about. The thing i dont understand is you arent even a VZ customer and are complaining. Why shouldnt I praise a company that I have not had any issues with what so ever. I get creat service everywhere I go and is a hell of alot cheaper than my Nextel.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:43 AM   #44
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
same can be said of you and Sprint. I dont roll over i just dont need all the crap that you keep whinning about. The thing i dont understand is you arent even a VZ customer and are complaining. Why shouldnt I praise a company that I have not had any issues with what so ever. I get creat service everywhere I go and is a hell of alot cheaper than my Nextel.
I just despise companies like Verizon. They are in the same vein as Microsoft. Big and greedy. So much so that they think they can charge, impose, license and restrict to their heart's content and their customers, many who are stuck with them, have to take it. If you get great service and it works for you, that's great. But there are many that are now learning what Verizon is all about(high prices and lots of restrictions). And for the record, I used to have Verizon.

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 07-08-2007 at 10:20 AM..
Old 07-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #45
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
I just despise companies live Verizon. They are in the same vein as Microsoft. Big and greedy. So much so that they think they can charge, impose, license and restrict to their heart's content and their customers, many who are stuck with them, have to take it. If you get great service and it works for you, that's great. But there are many that are now learning what Verizon is all about(high prices and lots of restrictions). And for the record, I used to have Verizon.
Gotta love capitolism they make or they own it why not profit from it. Should I sell my houses lower than anyone else, Just becuase alot of people are unhappy or as you put it just despise me?

I work in a customer service business as a Quality Assurance Managerand I see just unhappy people evevryday just because they cant have their own way. You can fix any error they want and yet they still complain if not about theirs they complain about their neighbors problems. Even if the neighbor doesnt think they have a problem.If I change designs of my house should I go back and give that feature to every home I built prior? Come on now. This system works so let it work its theirs let them sell for what they want everyone has choices.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #46
Bigbmc26

Model: 8320
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
BlackBerry 8820 - 8800+WiFi+GPS (rumored T-Mobile; doubtful release)
You left AT&T out. The 8820 has been in testing for months and should be put by Summer's end with the blue and white globe on it.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #47
MichaelBB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 0000
PIN: Ask

Quote:
get off the freaking soap box already geez you sound like a broken record. every thread you say the same BS
Maybe someone is making a point,
Old 07-08-2007, 10:52 PM   #48
theBorg
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 83/81
PIN: TO
Carrier: AT&T 8310, 8100, 7100

Quote:
Gotta love capitolism they make or they own it why not profit from it.
I agree with both of you. That is capitalism, dawg. VZW is free to monetize their services however they like.

At the same time I think it does add to the value of this forum to convey which carriers are particularly restrictive. I haven't seen Verizon being knocked that much. And it certainly helps with purchase decisions.

Yes, the VZW network is excellent. But wouldn't you be p!$$ed if you bought a fully featured phone and a 2 yr contract only to find you're screwed?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:25 PM   #49
jetspeedz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: ATT

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Not to mention they have a 5GB limit on their so called Unlimited data plan.

Back to the new phones I really do hope they release a new bb similar to the curve keypad or the older more friendly keypads for the next gen BB without a camera. Really like the curve but the cam is a big no no for my line of work
Old 07-09-2007, 06:46 AM   #50
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBorg View Post
I agree with both of you. That is capitalism, dawg. VZW is free to monetize their services however they like.

At the same time I think it does add to the value of this forum to convey which carriers are particularly restrictive. I haven't seen Verizon being knocked that much. And it certainly helps with purchase decisions.

Yes, the VZW network is excellent. But wouldn't you be p!$$ed if you bought a fully featured phone and a 2 yr contract only to find you're screwed?
No! Because I do my research prior to purchasing high dollar items, Besides the only ppl knocking Verizon are non verizon customers. Who shouldnt care anyway.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:58 AM   #51
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
No! Because I do my research prior to purchasing high dollar items, Besides the only ppl knocking Verizon are non verizon customers. Who shouldnt care anyway.
I just trying to help out people who may be considering Verizon. They should know what they are getting into with "the network".
Old 07-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #52
RedSoxFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
I just trying to help out people who may be considering Verizon. They should know what they are getting into with "the network".
I had Sprint, AT&T and now Verizon. I can honestly say, FOR ME, Verizon has the better service. Sprint was touch and go and if you are in a rural area than you're screwed. AT&T was ok for a while but slow EDGE speeds and problems connecting to callers in urbanized areas was a big problem for me. I switched to Verizon and have NO issues at all. Plus, EVERYONE that I KNOW is on Verizon and whenever I talk to them, it's free. I can't complain about that and I am not aware of any other carrier stepping up to the plate with that type of deal.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:26 PM   #53
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
not network! a device only! GPS works as well as MMS on my wifes 8600, my sons 9800 and my daughters envy

Last edited by Dawg; 07-09-2007 at 05:54 PM..
Old 07-09-2007, 05:33 PM   #54
theBorg
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 83/81
PIN: TO
Carrier: AT&T 8310, 8100, 7100

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
EVERYONE that I KNOW is on Verizon and whenever I talk to them, it's free. I can't complain about that and I am not aware of any other carrier stepping up to the plate with that type of deal.
My T-Mobile has free mobile to mobile as well. The family plans have unlimited calling between the devices on the same family plan.

Um, Dawg, have I been workin' too hard or was that last post in Gal-speak?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #55
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Everybody keeps whining about this service & product that isn't officially announced or passed FCC testing and arguing which provider it should be on. You're all missing the bigger requests of simpler things & the larger picture.

Improvements I'd like to see which I'm sure many here would as well.

1) Augmented GUI! Please on a consumer device let me listen to music and go BACK into the media gallery to view photos or a slideshow of my family! I cannot BELIEVE this is overlooked. Can this be done on the Curve, without A2DP headphones? (Actually update the OS for the 8800/30, Curve & Pearl to allow this carrier wide).

2) Compressed HTML email + imbedded links. Have an upgrade - bug free - of the BES to allow for incredible resizing of photos, graphics, stripping of flash imbedded/javascript imbedded; HTML emails to be viewable on ALL devices. Maybe a increase of email size range of 10-60kilobytes, with an option DIRECTLY on the HH to

a) Completely turn ON or OFF HTML email support.
b) Allow to block HTML email of a specific list of addresses ;)

^ This will put RIM WAAAY above the recently enabled html email support competition.

3) (Not sure if THIS is capable) Allow an "action button" within an email to be clicked on - which is set to automatically send an email response to a form with a specific request; similar to accepting a calendar invite. Very similar to what can be done on Domino Notes email (on PC's).

I prefer the ability to do the ABOVE - without having to upgrade from a Pearl to do so; although I will upgrade in September.

I'd LOVE to have WiFi with surfing the web, app OTA downloads or my preference, and UMA support should my carrier support it or not - allowing for VoIP service like Vonage or just something homebrew for internet voip chat.

I think we should be focusing on what things our BB's lack and should be improved upon without concentrating on rumored devices. I love new device announcements as much as the next guy, but give them more substance not just product manufacturing for the sake of variance of models a la Nokia.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #56
Blackberryer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
I just despise companies like Verizon. They are in the same vein as Microsoft. Big and greedy. So much so that they think they can charge, impose, license and restrict to their heart's content and their customers, many who are stuck with them, have to take it. If you get great service and it works for you, that's great. But there are many that are now learning what Verizon is all about(high prices and lots of restrictions). And for the record, I used to have Verizon.
I don't disagree with some of your complaints, but the venom against Verizon is pretty silly. I can only speak for my own experiences, but here's what I get for the money they charge:

The best coverage and call quality I've ever had (I've previously had Sprint, AT&T, and Cingular).

Top notch customer service, and quick access at that. I never wait more than 30 seconds anytime I've ever called their CS, at any time of the day. Not to mention CS that speaks perfect English and is based in this country (no disrespect to those CS departments located out of the country, but we all know how frustrating it can be calling one of those departments at times).

EV-DO broadband speeds.

Now, would I prefer to pay less than $45 a month for data services? Yes, and I do absolutely think they overcharge. I've state on here before that if the iPhone improves its PIM features and uses 3G in its next iteration, I'd be hard pressed to stay with Verizon if for no other reason than their data plans seem more fair. Do I like that they cripple certain features? Of course not.

However, so far, their service and customer service outstrips anything anyone else has to offer. I tried out Sprint, even got a Sero plan, and the customer service was so awful I actually cancelled the phone/account and decided to stay with Verizon. That's right - I paid more NOT to use Sprint. AT&T's CS is actually pretty good. Not as good as Verizon's, but good. Their call quality, however, wasn't as good as Verizon's. I use my phone to conduct conference calls on occasion, so call quality is incredibly important. Verizon is the only service I've had where people don't know that I'm on a cell phone.

So please, spare me the "VZW fanboy" nonsense. Most people are loyal to their carrier because obviously the carrier provides them something that they need. No one prefers to pay more for less features, but in my experience, the stuff VZW gets right overshadows what they get wrong.

Last edited by Blackberryer; 07-09-2007 at 09:21 PM..
Old 07-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #57
als580
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: 204B0A6A
Carrier: t mobile
Default i need a new bb

ok, so right now i have the pearl and im running on t mo, ive been saving up lately cause i heard of the pearl 2 coming out soon, im more of a media based person, music, games, e mail, sms, mms, should i wait for the pearl 2 to come out? or is there one better suited?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:14 PM   #58
beansy72

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'll make my 2 cents simple. The Pearl 2 on TMO is what my eyes are set on. I currently have the 8700g.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:34 AM   #59
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBorg
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
EVERYONE that I KNOW is on Verizon and whenever I talk to them, it's free. I can't complain about that and I am not aware of any other carrier stepping up to the plate with that type of deal.
My T-Mobile has free mobile to mobile as well. The family plans have unlimited calling between the devices on the same family plan.

Um, Dawg, have I been workin' too hard or was that last post in Gal-speak?
AT&T also offers free mobile to mobile as well
Old 07-11-2007, 07:45 AM   #60
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Let's face it, the cellular industry & the carriers most specifically all employ excessive control, charge excessively high prices & cripple the phones they sell in some way. So from my viewpoint, I choose the carrier with the best coveage then everything else if is secondary. No coverage = useless device.