Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 09:55 PM   #241
donniebyers
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

This is what you foos have been waitin' for, so get your credit cards ready!!1 lol.

Sprint sez BlackBerry Curve 8330 still on track for this month - Engadget Mobile
Old 04-20-2008, 07:59 AM   #242
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?
Carrier: Nextel

Rock on , I was gone all weekend and this just made the weekend better !!

New pic there too.

Going to check the store today and see what they say .I should print out the sprint article.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #243
sapter5361

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Pls Confirm

Can anyone out there confirm if the phone's really out?

RIM put out a press release on Apr 1 announcing the imminent release of the Curve on the Sprint network. Since then, you had Sprint constantly sending us mixes signals as to when they really plan on putting it out there.

I've seen some reports here on BBF from Sprint customers all saying that acording to Sprint CS the phone's to be out today, the 20th of April. So far there is no sign of it on Sprint's website.

I'm thinking that maybe there's an internal conflict going on there between reps of Rim and Sprint respectively. Rim announced the Curve's release on their website because they understood it to be ok with Sprint. However, Sprint, upon learning about the imminent release of OS 4.5 wanted to tweak their themes and other inerfaces so that the new phone should come with the new OS preinstalled, and, by so doing, give Sprint a publicity boost by having the first official phone preloaded w/ the new OS.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #244
DINide
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650

i called corp sales today to upgrade 2 of my phones to the new curve. the salesperson told me the phone hasn't released, and to "expect it in a FEW months."
Old 04-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #245
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Lots of reports on crackberry saying they called telesales and they are backing what Engadget reported (end of the month).

Here is a quto:Was just told on the phone that the launch date is the 28th... I guess that remark from sites that "It will be released at the END OF THE MONTH" would still hold true then.
(another week to wait... sigh):mad
Old 04-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #246
jtdarden
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8xxx
PIN: member2393
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapter5361 View Post
However, Sprint, upon learning about the imminent release of OS 4.5 wanted to tweak their themes and other inerfaces so that the new phone should come with the new OS preinstalled, and, by so doing, give Sprint a publicity boost by having the first official phone preloaded w/ the new OS.
That is a big stretch on the speculation front.

There is absolutely no way that Sprint would release with 4.5 OS, especially because it is not even ready for public beta. Wishful thinking perhaps, but definitely not going to happen.

The delay is most likely due to quality assurance.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #247
edbern

Model: Soon
Default Sprint on May 1 or before, this is the truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINide View Post
i called corp sales today to upgrade 2 of my phones to the new curve. the salesperson told me the phone hasn't released, and to "expect it in a FEW months."
OK, just got a clear message from Telesales after they spoke with supervisors. I trust Telesales the most since they are motivated to sell. "It will be about another week," she said, because of "EV-DO programming issues." I asked if that meant exactly one week, she said, "It looks like May 1."

The specifics of the issue, and the exact date, and the time it took her to get the answer from the supervisor, all give this one credibility.

Certainly debunks the notion of June or "months."
Old 04-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #248
donniebyers

Model: 8830

hey, after waiting a year, what's another week or two? lol.

my friend has an 8703e, and he's been waiting on pins and needles for the last few months for the curve because I kept raving about the original 8300 version I had briefly before I ended my contract with ATT.

He wants the 8330 so bad he's starting to freak. lol.

I'm actually waiting on the mythical slider. those clownz over at ATT better not have exclusive first year rights either. I would have to seriously consider switching to some other phone if that were to happen...
Old 04-20-2008, 11:25 PM   #249
lamonicaj
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

According to 'The Sprint Store" website, the release date is not until 06.01.08

Welcome to TheSprintStore
Old 04-21-2008, 11:35 AM   #250
hcheun
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonicaj View Post
According to 'The Sprint Store" website, the release date is not until 06.01.08

Welcome to TheSprintStore

It's a preferred partner, which i hold a grain of salt to, though I will wait till next week to see.

Otherwise, it seems clear, regardless, there is some sort of delay obviously with this launch. Hopefully they can meet their "before end of month .. APRIL" deadline.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:49 PM   #251
stargurl84

Model: 8700
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritan View Post
Rock on , I was gone all weekend and this just made the weekend better !!

New pic there too.
http://www.engadget.com/media/2008/0...8-bbcurve2.jpg

Going to check the store today and see what they say .I should print out the sprint article.
Gorgeous phone
Old 04-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #252
sapter5361

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdarden View Post
That is a big stretch on the speculation front.

There is absolutely no way that Sprint would release with 4.5 OS, especially because it is not even ready for public beta. Wishful thinking perhaps, but definitely not going to happen.

The delay is most likely due to quality assurance.
Some other factors you may want to take into account:

-Apr 1: RIM announces Curve added to Sprint's portfolio of RIM devices.
-Apr 15: RIM officially releases BES v4.1 SP5 (available for download on their website), which, among other things, adds server-side HTML email capability to the bb platform - OS 4.5 adds client-side HTML.
-May 1: Sprint PR reps confirm to folks @ engadget.com that Curve will be released on or prior to this date.
-May 13: opening of WES 2008 in Orlando, FL. RIM calles it "the biggest BlackBerry® conference of the year". This event is when RIM usually announces and releases new products.
-May 14: RIM @ WES 2008: Tracks & Sessions announces a special session to be held @ 4:15PM called: "Introducing Unified Application Management in BlackBerry Enterprise Server v5.0". This is supposed to be the big one improvement to go hand-in-hand with OS 4.5.

Is all this coincidence?
Old 04-27-2008, 10:40 PM   #253
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

I stopped by the local store and he showed me his rebate form from now till May 31 and there is no Curve on the horizon. He did state they could have changed it at the last minute and then they will change the rebate form next week.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:14 AM   #254
edbern

Model: Soon
Default Not true! The 8330 is most certainly on the rebate form!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritan View Post
I stopped by the local store and he showed me his rebate form from now till May 31 and there is no Curve on the horizon. He did state they could have changed it at the last minute and then they will change the rebate form next week.

Not so, the Curve (listed as 8330) is most certainly on the rebate form. Look: http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...mir_042008.pdf

Also, the most credible version of where Curve status is with Sprint is right here (I think thesprintstore is actually quite credible...). I'd bet money on his version of things - basically May 7. Click on this: TheSprintStore

Last edited by edbern; 04-28-2008 at 10:05 AM..
Old 04-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #255
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Default Best buy to offer May 1-31.

Best Buy - Weekly Ad Specials

check this out ! If this is real it won't be long.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #256
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

YouTube - Sprint Curve utube of the curve on sprint.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #257
ERDude
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbern View Post
Not so, the Curve (listed as 8330) is most certainly on the rebate form. Look: http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...mir_042008.pdf

Also, the most credible version of where Curve status is with Sprint is right here (I think thesprintstore is actually quite credible...). I'd bet money on his version of things - basically May 7. Click on this: TheSprintStore
This guy is so credible that after being called out for fraudulent activities on another forum he has taken all of his sites.
Closed Thread