Old 05-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
Jester_I

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Phone won't turn on, flashing red light sequence, PC won't detect it

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all, hopefully I can get some help here

I have a Blackberry Bold 9000. It had been working fairly well, besides the odd time that it froze up and I had to restart it. Yesterday it was working normal, until around 5:00pm. I looked at it and it had a black screen and basically was off. I tried to turn it on, and after a while it did come back on. However, almost instantly it turned off again. Now the whole phone looks dead, except for the red LED in the corner that flashes once and then again three times, in that sequence over and over again.

I've looked around on the internet and it appears that it may be a problem with the operating system(?) I've tried taking out the battery and reinserting it. Didn't work. I left the battery out over night and reinserting it. Didn't work. I had the battery out all day today and then reinserted it. Didn't work. I have Blackberry Desktop Manager on my computer but my phone won't connect to it. I open the program and it just says "Before you begin, verify that your current Blackberry device is connected to your computer." However, it won't connect at all. It won't let me even access the "Options" button in the corner. I've tried reinstalling the DM with no success.

I have also tried to go straight to the AppLoader. It won't work either. I open it, press "Next", it goes to the page "Communication Port Selection". Yet, I can't select any connection or press next because the phone isn't being detected AT ALL by the computer. It's as if it's not connected, even though it is clearly connected through the USB port.

I've seen a number of steps that other people have used to try to fix their dead phones. However, they always seem to have some process to do with AppLoader or the Desktop Manager (which are not working for me).

Hopefully someone out there has some sort of trick or suggestion, or knows something I may be doing wrong or have overlooked in my frustration. Thanks a bunch!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #2
BB-Tech support
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester_I View Post
Hello all, hopefully I can get some help here

I have a Blackberry Bold 9000. It had been working fairly well, besides the odd time that it froze up and I had to restart it. Yesterday it was working normal, until around 5:00pm. I looked at it and it had a black screen and basically was off. I tried to turn it on, and after a while it did come back on. However, almost instantly it turned off again. Now the whole phone looks dead, except for the red LED in the corner that flashes once and then again three times, in that sequence over and over again.

I've looked around on the internet and it appears that it may be a problem with the operating system(?) I've tried taking out the battery and reinserting it. Didn't work. I left the battery out over night and reinserting it. Didn't work. I had the battery out all day today and then reinserted it. Didn't work. I have Blackberry Desktop Manager on my computer but my phone won't connect to it. I open the program and it just says "Before you begin, verify that your current Blackberry device is connected to your computer." However, it won't connect at all. It won't let me even access the "Options" button in the corner. I've tried reinstalling the DM with no success.

I have also tried to go straight to the AppLoader. It won't work either. I open it, press "Next", it goes to the page "Communication Port Selection". Yet, I can't select any connection or press next because the phone isn't being detected AT ALL by the computer. It's as if it's not connected, even though it is clearly connected through the USB port.

I've seen a number of steps that other people have used to try to fix their dead phones. However, they always seem to have some process to do with AppLoader or the Desktop Manager (which are not working for me).

Hopefully someone out there has some sort of trick or suggestion, or knows something I may be doing wrong or have overlooked in my frustration. Thanks a bunch!
hi
you can do this;

1 Download BlackBerry Desktop software https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...EDC1CEAC.node1 and install on your computer.
2. Download your device software BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites and install on your computer.
3. Take a battery out from your device
4. Connect your device to computer
5. Navigate to C:\\program files\ Common files\ Research in motion\apploader
and run loader file (have a symbol of cell phone on left side).
6. Follow loader setup wizard
7. Before you click finish put battery back to device.
8. Leave device connected to computer until you see home screen on your device.
9. Don't fully restore your back up ( if you have back up)
Old 05-10-2010, 01:40 AM   #3
Jester_I

I have tried that already many times. Again, AppLoader won't detect the phone. Thus, I can't follow the loader setup wizard any farther than the "Communication Port Selection" part.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #4
BB-Tech support
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I have tried that already many times. Again, AppLoader won't detect the phone. Thus, I can't follow the loader setup wizard any farther than the "Communication Port Selection" part.
Without battery will not detect pin ( will display unknown)
are you running desktop or laptop?
Old 05-10-2010, 01:45 AM   #5
BB-Tech support
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Also open windows device manager and check if Blackberry smartphone is detected
Old 05-10-2010, 02:04 AM   #6
Jester_I

I am working off of my laptop. Also, I have tried (with both Desktop Manager and AppLoader) to connect it with and without the battery in, opening the program and then connecting the device, connecting the device and then opening the program... basically any variation I can think of when connecting everything. No luck.

I opened the device manager and it says it's disconnected. It's not being detected by my computer.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 AM   #7
BB-Tech support
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I am working off of my laptop. Also, I have tried (with both Desktop Manager and AppLoader) to connect it with and without the battery in, opening the program and then connecting the device, connecting the device and then opening the program... basically any variation I can think of when connecting everything. No luck.

I opened the device manager and it says it's disconnected. It's not being detected by my computer.
If windows doesn't detect device then loader or DM will not either
there is your problem
When you connect BB to laptop do you hear DING like when you hear when ever you connect external device to laptop
Try using different USB port also disconnect device from laptop
and open windows device manager
under USB controllers disable power management for each USB root hub
also if you are on vista or 7 disable UAC
windows suppose to detect device even if device software is bad
Old 05-10-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
Jester_I

There is no ding of any kind. I checked all the USB hubs and there is nothing selected to save power under the power management tab for each port. It's basically as if my phone doesn't exist.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:28 AM   #9
hypermaster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Airtel

This is exactly my problem with my Blackberry bold 9000. only blinking red lights * it does not connect to the PC. The PC does not even recognize it with or wothout the Battery inserted.

Is this a hardware issue?
Old 06-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #10
dudified

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

any chance anybody has solved this problem? I'm having the exact same problem with my Storm. All the online solutions do not help because it is as if my phone doesn't exist.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #11
hockaygoalie10

Model: 8310
Carrier: att
Default Worked Perfectly

This worked perfectly for my blackberry. Very impressed.

. just follow the 2nd post step by step and you will have no problems
Old 08-06-2010, 12:49 AM   #12
charli_20

Model: bold
Carrier: rogers

i have the same probleme of jester_I im like WTF im very bored please give some help mennn !!!!! i want my blackberry back pleaseee
Old 08-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #13
MH110
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

The link in the 2nd post is dead.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:12 AM   #14
smdmalta

Carrier: None
Default Dead Blackberry 8310

Hello all .. i need help to recover my blackberry :s .

The only thing that work is red led... 3 blinks, short pause and 2 blinks than pause again. It cannot connect to pc and i have tried on 3 pc's but no sound when i connect.

I try to connect manually using and it says "device not found" and by using application loader and choosing "detect communication port" but none worked.

Anyone please help.
steve
Old 08-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #15
HydraP

Carrier: 4208

I had the same problem here...
Would be very appreciate any help...
Thank you and best regards
Old 08-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #16
smdmalta

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydraP View Post
I had the same problem here...
Would be very appreciate any help...
Thank you and best regards
mail me to smdmalta gmail.com
Old 08-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #17
vnick76
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 20DA2E7E
Carrier: Orange

I had the same problem as you Jester_I.

On my 9000 the steps wich was explained by the BB-Tech Support was work finaly....not from the first time but finaly (after 4 hours) the phone was working again.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:12 AM   #18
smdmalta

mine came ok after 1.5 days. It couldn't be recognized by pc, but than the blinking stopped and finally i heard the sound when i pluged again into the pc . Than all followed by using Application Loader.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #19
sius071

Carrier: bmobile
Default Bb9000

Hi everyone, i have a bb 9000 that connects to the computer i hear the ding when i plug it into my win 7 comp. However i cannot get it to load the OS. In desktop manager it goes through the process then it says uploading RAM image then disconnects from the computer please anyone have a solution for this i tried many things but i cannot seem to fix this problem.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:13 AM   #20
BBnoober4388

Carrier: att
Default Re: Phone won't turn on, flashing red light sequence, PC won't detect it

Hi guys, i have a similar problem but a little different. My bold doesn't want to start up also. I get a "PING" sound when i plug it into my computer, but it gets the disconnect sound shortly after, instead of a series of on/off's from the led i get a steady 6-8second long on-light, then it disconnects and shuts down. Sometimes the phone will look like it's going to boot up but goes to a blank screen and then shuts down shortly after without getting past the blank screen. I tried the process shown on the second post, i downloaded the OS, i got into the app loader and found my phone as an "unknown pin", ive even gotten far enough to select the OS and applications to load, then i'll get about half way through the install until i get to the "wait for device initialization" where it says "reconnecting to JVM" then i get a connection prompt that says "application loader was unable to connect with your device, please reconnect etc"

Please any help will be great!!
Closed Thread