Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 09:11 AM   #1
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att
Default "web client" as default setting on sent email

Please Login to Remove!

How can I set my email to "Web Client" by default, instead of the current "Desktop" setting, on my outgoing emails. This will forward all my "reply to" incoming email to my gmail inbox. I'm on Mailstreet, and want to avoid my Mailstreet address, which forwards my incoming email to Outlook, which I hate, and which also quickly overflows my Mailstreet mailbox and requires my cleaning out of emails.

Last edited by guinda35; 09-07-2005 at 09:21 AM..
Old 09-07-2005, 09:18 AM   #2
Serophis
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520

Actually, if you are using webclient as well as redirector, you are going to run into conflict, eventually getting, "No email service configured, you will only be able to save as draft," and/or getting no emails or duplicate emails in your inbox. I would recommend deleting the Desktop service books if you are not on a bes and going strictly webclient, and integrating your gmail into it (go to the online version of webclient, click on profiles>other email accounts>add account> put in your info for your gmail account to integrate.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:28 AM   #3
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serophis
Actually, if you are using webclient as well as redirector, you are going to run into conflict, eventually getting, "No email service configured, you will only be able to save as draft," and/or getting no emails or duplicate emails in your inbox. I would recommend deleting the Desktop service books if you are not on a bes and going strictly webclient, and integrating your gmail into it (go to the online version of webclient, click on profiles>other email accounts>add account> put in your info for your gmail account to integrate.
Actually I am on BES, as I edited above. Mailstreet provides me with a ridiculously small mailbox, which quickly fills up and requires that I delete my stored email, on pain of bouncing my new emails. If I use webclient on my outgoing emails, the recipients receive my gmail address. But if I use desktop, they receive my Mailstreet address. My problem is that my settings use desktop by default, and it is not unusual for me to forget to change the setting to webclient manually. As a result I still receive a lot of mail in my Outlook mailbox, and a lot of my contacts document my Mailstreet address, instead of my gmail address.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:32 AM   #4
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinda35
How can I set my email to "Web Client" by default, instead of the current "Desktop" setting, on my outgoing emails. This will forward all my "reply to" incoming email to my gmail inbox. I'm on Mailstreet, and want to avoid my Mailstreet address, which forwards my incoming email to Outlook, which I hate, and which also quickly overflows my Mailstreet mailbox and requires my cleaning out of emails.
Settings > Options > Message Services > Messaging (CMIME) = Web Client
Old 09-07-2005, 09:39 AM   #5
Serophis
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520

Oh, okay; you're on bes and webclient...yeah, in that case you will want to go with Penguin.

Sorry, didn't notice the edit till I'd posted
Old 09-07-2005, 12:18 PM   #6
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107
Settings > Options > Message Services > Messaging (CMIME) = Web Client
Tried that penguin, but it doesn't work. Desktop is still stuck as my default. What's worse is that oftentimes when I reply to an email, I don't have the choice of manually changing over from desktop to webclient. Any other ideas?

Last edited by guinda35; 09-07-2005 at 12:21 PM..
Old 09-07-2005, 12:27 PM   #7
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinda35
Tried that penguin, but it doesn't work. Desktop is still stuck as my default. What's worse is that oftentimes when I reply to an email, I don't have the choice of manually changing over from desktop to webclient. Any other ideas?
Yeah... sounds like you are missing a service book, or the one you have is corrupted somehow.
Log into the Web Client from your PC, and choose the option to re-send the service book to your handheld.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:58 PM   #8
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107
Yeah... sounds like you are missing a service book, or the one you have is corrupted somehow.
Log into the Web Client from your PC, and choose the option to re-send the service book to your handheld.
Thanks for hanging in there with me Penguin. But how do I do this? I tried doing it from my desktop manager, but I don't see an option to re-send service books. Can I do this from desktop manager somehow? Or is it done some other way, like through my Mailstreet BES account? Or is it done through my provider web page - Cingular?
Old 09-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #9
akdumga
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

I think the other thing which you may be noticing, is that if you are replying to a thread which you originally sent messages on using a different message service, the thread stays sticky to that service. If you create a new thread it *should* default to the service as set by the instructions penguin indicated above.

For the service book thing, you need to log into the web client web page, go to Profiles, and click the "Send Service Book" button.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:19 PM   #10
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

"log into the web client web page"
Sorry for my denseness, but what do you mean by web client web page? What would that be, and where would I find it?
Old 09-09-2005, 04:03 PM   #11
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

akdumga is partially correct. If you are replying to an email, you can only reply using the method that comes in. However, the BlackBerry will also remember how you last sent an email to that contact and use that next time.

so if you send an email to your mom with web client, the next time you go to send her an email, it will default to sending from Web client. If you then send her one and switch it to Desktop, then the next time you send it will default to using Desktop.

The web client page is the page that you log into from your wireless provider to manage your BlackBerry Internet Service account....allows you to integrate email accounts etc.

In this case, if you go into Options > Message Service and set the default to be Web Client, that will set any newly created emails to default to sending from the Web Client service. If you have already composed an email to someone with Desktop, it will default to Desktop until you switch it to Web Client.

If an email comes in using Desktop, there will be no way to reply directly using the web client service except for copying the body of the message, compose a new one, then paste the body in.

Zro
Old 09-10-2005, 08:56 AM   #12
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Thanks for being so clear and precise zro. I know exactly what's happening now.
Closed Thread