BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 12:53 AM   #1
magmic
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default New Magmic Games and Contests

Please Login to Remove!

No time for summer fun here at Magmic; we’re too busy pumping out games for you to enjoy! Here’s what our tanless developers have come up with this time:

Jackpot City Slots Released

Travel to the gambling capitals of the world and become a professional Slot Player! From the boardwalk of Atlantic City and the Las Vegas Strip, to the Prince Palace of Monte Carlo, you can tour the world and become a millionaire in the process.

Unlock the bonus games and win the biggest Jackpot ever!

OTA Install (BlackBerry Only): http://bb.magmic.com/BB_color/d/JackpotCitySlots.jad

Euchre Released

Team up with a partner for some fast-paced Euchre action!

Most card games pit player against player to see who the victor is, but Euchre is a four-player game with teams of two. Teamwork is crucial in Euchre – you have to know your partner if you want to win!

The goal of Euchre is to win tricks to get points. Tricks are won by playing the ‘trump’ card. You and your teammate must win at least 3 of the 5 tricks per round to get any points. The first team to ten points wins. Good luck! **

OTA Install (BlackBerry Only): http://bb.magmic.com/BB_color/d/Euchre.jad

Outbreak Control Updated

In this mind-bending puzzle and strategy game, eradicate the spread of the hex experiment before it gets completely out of control! Version 1.1 adds greater playability and increased difficulty in containing the infectious outbreak. Upgrade for free today!

OTA Install (BlackBerry Only): http://bb.magmic.com/BB_color/d/OutbreakControl.jad

August Breeder’s Cup Contest

Starting August 1st, Magmic begins hosting monthly Breeders\' Cup World

Thoroughbred Championship online tournaments. Train, race and compete against players from around the world to win cool monthly prizes.

August prizes for top earning horses:

- 1st place: iPod shuffle

- 2nd place: 3 free Magmic Games

- 3rd place: Any Magmic Game

How to get in on the action:

-Make sure to get/upgrade to the latest version of the game (v2.1)

-You start the game with enough money to purchase a horse - provide it some training so it can compete in the online races.

-When you\'re ready to race online, select \'Net Races\" from the menu, and enter your horse. The top three earning online horses have a shot at the purse, so train hard and give it all you’ve got.

-Visit www.magmic.com/bc2005/ to check your ranking.

At the end of the tournament, we\'ll post the winners’ game names on the Breeder’s Cup leader board and email results to all participants. If you\'ve won, we\'ll contact you about your prize.

Good luck!

OTA Install (BlackBerry 7000 series): http://bb.magmic.com/BB_color/d/bc7xxx/BreedersCup.jad

OTA Install (BlackBerry 7100 series): http://bb.magmic.com/BB_color/d/bc71xx/BreedersCup.jad

To keep up with all the latest Magmic gaming news, visit our website:

http://www.magmic.com

Thanks,

Team Magmic
Old 07-26-2005, 01:06 AM   #2
camerch
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100t

Sweet!! Thank you!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:08 AM   #3
wireless
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: SPRINT-TMobile

The above games are 3 day trials. Thought that should have been mentioned. Always glad to see more games and apps for the Blackberry platform.

A note to software developers. When deciding on a OTA URL remeber that some devices typing in a URL like http://bb.magmic.com/BB_color/d/JackpotCitySlots.jad can be a pain depending on what device you may be typing on. Also, for those who wear glasses and are going from a Monitor to the phone /Blackberry, PDA and then back to the monitor etc it is a pain. (If you think Im nitpicking, u gavent hit your 40s yet and then dealt with the eye focus issues (Your gonna love it!)
May I recommend that you have a Download site and then allow the user to scroll and select what they want to download. After all, it is about making it as easy for the prospective buyer to get the product on the device.

Last edited by wireless; 07-26-2005 at 10:48 AM..
Old 07-26-2005, 11:40 AM   #4
Workingmen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: ATT

Wireless,
A suggestion from the "over 40" club, I normally just highlight the link in the Forum on my PC and then copy and paste it into an e-mail to myself. Then when the e-mail arrives on the BB, just highlight it and click "get link"!. Saves a lot of time typing.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
magmic
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workingmen
Wireless,
A suggestion from the "over 40" club, I normally just highlight the link in the Forum on my PC and then copy and paste it into an e-mail to myself. Then when the e-mail arrives on the BB, just highlight it and click "get link"!. Saves a lot of time typing.
Correct, the posting was an email we sent out and I should have edited down the URLS.

If you visit http://bb.magmic.com/ you can follow the links from there.

Also we have a direct to consumer site at wap.magmic.com in case you have friends with cell phones and not BlackBerrys whom you'd like to play some of our multiplayer titles with (like Texas Holdem King 2 and Medieval Kings Chess II). All of our games are indeed available for the cell phone market.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:10 PM   #6
WNO

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO
Default Euchre

Quick review of the Euchre game: I like the layout and gameplay on my 7100, but I have to say that it's really frustrating when you get a partner as dumb as...well, me. When your partner gets Euchred three times in one round by calling a suit of which he or she has only two or three cards, and none higher than a king (and worse yet, having you stay home), it takes a little pleasure out of the game. Especially when you can't stomp on his or her toes.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:19 PM   #7
jubrand

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNO
Quick review of the Euchre game: I like the layout and gameplay on my 7100, but I have to say that it's really frustrating when you get a partner as dumb as...well, me. When your partner gets Euchred three times in one round by calling a suit of which he or she has only two or three cards, and none higher than a king (and worse yet, having you stay home), it takes a little pleasure out of the game. Especially when you can't stomp on his or her toes.
I agree, sometimes they're complete idiots. Overtrumping you when they don't have to and making stupid calls. Do the different faces actually have different playing characteristics, b/c I've noticed that each game you have a different partner and some aren't as dumb.

Stats would be cool too, and wireless play against real people would be awesome.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:34 PM   #8
wireless
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: SPRINT-TMobile

Quote:
Wireless,
An excellent (and embaressingly obvious) suggestion. Thanks!!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:39 PM   #9
BigJay.Inc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Wireless,
with age comes wisdom.....I have been using your method for getting links to my Bberry ever since i got it....i just looked at myself as a lazy bastard but now i dont feel bad....lol
Old 10-05-2005, 02:19 PM   #10
Drakeford
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

I purchased Breeders' Cup and Pro Golf Paradise several months ago. I had to change BB's (7520) due to a defect. How do I get a new registration code for each game?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:30 PM   #11
jontalotta

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeford
I purchased Breeders' Cup and Pro Golf Paradise several months ago. I had to change BB's (7520) due to a defect. How do I get a new registration code for each game?

Email Magmic customer service. They will provide new license codes. Believe they asked for new IMEI.

Last edited by jontalotta; 10-05-2005 at 02:35 PM..
Old 10-05-2005, 03:11 PM   #12
Drakeford
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks jontalotta.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:16 PM   #13
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Their web site (www.magmic.com) has a facility for you to go and generate new codes for a new BB...
Old 10-05-2005, 03:53 PM   #14
Drakeford
Thumbs Must Hurt

How long does it generally take for a new code to be e-mailed? I requested the code about 2 hours ago.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:59 PM   #15
jontalotta

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Only took about 10 minutes when I emailed with Magmic, but that might not be helpful if there is a new automated system for this as NJBlackberry noted.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:29 AM   #16
Drakeford
Thumbs Must Hurt

It has been almost 24 hours and I still have not received a reply. That's terrible customer service! I even emailed Magmic from their site with no reply.
Closed Thread