Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:47 PM   #21
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9xxx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Hey that's cool Golfer. The Storm isn't for everyone. Personally, I wish Voda had a longer return policy so you could have spent more time with the device, and used it after an update or two. But either way, theres nothing wrong with returning it, the Iphone isn't a piece of crap, it's not for me, but it's not junk. Maybe down the road you'll get the 2nd Gen Storm who knows. Anyways, GL.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:01 PM   #22
fairbornstorm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: verizon

have fun with that pos iphone lol at least with the storm u can make calls =D
Old 11-28-2008, 11:12 PM   #23
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
5. iPhone is extortion. $199 (8GB) or $299 (16GB) + 2 year plan (non-discounted with both my wife and myself). Storm on the other hand was $49 + extra $22/mo for data.
Where'd you get a deal like that?
Old 11-29-2008, 12:38 AM   #24
viet2100
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Of course Apple's OS is ahead of RIM's NEW OS. RIM's newest OS has only been out for a month with the Bold.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #25
mulvisaur
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
haha, funny that i was thinking the same thing...
Old 11-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #26
Ifthir

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by massgolfer View Post
RIM OS seems to be behind Apple OS. The Storm's OS lagged often, the keyboard appeared when I didn’t want it, web-browsing wasn't as good, it wasn't as user-friendly.
Do you use your phone for business? How does the I-phone handle Office 2007 documents? Can your i-phone manage multiple exchange accounts at once?

Quote:
- iPod comes with 8Gb of storage for my music whereas Storm has only 1Gb. I know you can add via MicroSD but that's extra expense, plus downloading my current iTunes music onto iPhone will be a breeze.
My Storm came with an 8GB chip, yours only came with 1GB? Seems odd to me. It took me 20? minutes to synchronize my 1700 Itunes songs with my storm. How is the I-phone easier?

Quote:
- Storm's battery life was poor. I charged the phone to full (~2.5 hrs), then made a 10minute call, the battery lost almost a quarter of its power. Generally battery lasted less than 24 hours.
My storm has been on for 3 days without a recharge and I've made over 40 calls and listened to music, and gotten email during those days. I still have 1/4 of a battery.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #27
Arcangel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: APPLE
Carrier: AT&T white 32G iPhone 3GS

ohhh and my storm can mms and copy and paste tooo sorry iphone cant
Old 11-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #28
jdzialak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

As a Curve owner, I'm pro BB.
But, my brother has an iphone and a friend just got the Storm. I spent about 30 mins with each recently. I like em both!
The iphone has a WOW factor with cool apps, etc, but I felt comfy with the BB OS and menu system. I didn't mind the click screen at all. There were no issues or glitches on this Storm, that i've been reading about here.

I'm a Mac guy and BB owner so I'm kinda torn. Good thing my tmo contract isn't up til 2010. No decisions for a while...The curve is great for now.

There are a lot of iphone haters and impatient Storm owners waiting for the bugs to clear out.
They're both great phones.

Joe
Old 11-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #29
harsaphes

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmobil

Well i was a blackberry user, than i bought the iphone on launch day. I really wanted the storm and even got up early on that launch day to buy it...but after playing around with I knew I would miss the Iphone, even though some things drive me crazy about it.
First off believe it or not i can type faster on the iphone than the storm....and i kept thinking why am i buying this, my phone is great...I love all the apps that are available...google with voice capability..sweet, maps with street view..really nice. Games i could care less about....my itunes collection..well that was a deal breaker..Im not going to re-rip everything to play it on the BB....most of my collection was bought so thats why.. The list goes on, and i am not a fan boy...but there just wasnt a reason to dump it for the BB.
I am looking forward to see whats next but for now my Iphone is keeper..you wont be sorry.

Oh i still have my original iphone...i have never had a battery problem and can count on one hand the times i had to "reboot".

Last edited by harsaphes; 11-29-2008 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: adding text
Old 11-29-2008, 06:12 PM   #30
lindros2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW/O2 (Intl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
Standard 2-year price is $199 (after rebate). Due to our long-term relationship w/ VZW, we get auto-rebates.

Another $100 comes off with "new every two" promotion.

Finally we got $50 for being a Verizon VIP (we've stuck with Verizon for over 10 years even with limited service in our area).

So final price was $49...
Old 11-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #31
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

I owned an iphone and I've played with a Storm. If your going to compare the touch interface of the 2 units, the iphone wins hands down. RIM made a good effort, but it simply not up to par with the iphone at this juncture.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #32
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairbornstorm View Post
have fun with that pos iphone lol at least with the storm u can make calls =D
You can't make calls with the iphone? Weird. I love posts like this. "My team rules, yours is crap." and all that garbage. They are usually made by someone who really has no clue. Both devices will do the job, its really a matter of choice and need.

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 11-29-2008 at 07:22 PM..
Old 11-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #33
fairbornstorm
Thumbs Must Hurt

anyone i know with an iphone 3g has complained of dropped calls constantly, a few people in columbus tell me everyday about the problem, 50% of them returned it for that reason even after they " supposedly " fixed the problem
Old 11-29-2008, 07:29 PM   #34
fairbornstorm
Thumbs Must Hurt

i lose less calls with a G1, which a matter of fact in a month ive never dropped a call meanwhile they drop calls all day long =D, maybe tmobile's network is superior to AT&T?

AT&T is being sued due to false information to customers about their 3G network which is hillarious

Last edited by fairbornstorm; 11-29-2008 at 07:31 PM..
Old 11-29-2008, 08:11 PM   #35
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairbornstorm View Post
anyone i know with an iphone 3g has complained of dropped calls constantly, a few people in columbus tell me everyday about the problem, 50% of them returned it for that reason even after they " supposedly " fixed the problem
"anyone I know" "a few people tell me" Like I said, I love comments like this. Maybe if you owned one you could speak as to your own experiences, your comment would carry more weight. As it is, it is just he said/she said nonsense.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #36
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

love the my team is better than your going on in here, not that it wasnt expected.
i have read about the click issues with the device and the need to put paper behind the battery to sure it up. also the accelerometer software is far from good, but that can be fixed with an update. the click issues and the lack of a proximity sensor seem like bonehead design decisions.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:56 PM   #37
Arcangel

i make my statements as an ex iphone owner...my major gripe with the iphone is the inability to do menial tasks such as mms and copy and paste and forward texts or video capture and send. If your paying 2 or 3 hundred for a phone and 90 plus a month it should do those things. lets be serious maybe the touch screen is great and safari mobile is the best for now , but it needs to do those things i aforementioned. Who the hell wants to go to a mobile website to see pics sent to there phone!!
Old 11-30-2008, 12:10 AM   #38
modulo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

I am so confused by what some people are experiencing, the lag and accelerometer issues are so minor on my device and everything else is working so perfectly. beautiful screen, great touch accuracy and ease of use, smooth UI transitions, impressive performance (i am careful to close unused apps) and great build quality. and for the phone, this is i think the 5th phone i have personally owned and even when considering all the phones i have used (iphone included) the sound quality has been superior, i mean, comparable to my home phone, maybe even better.

i do have some gripes which have been, in part, already mentioned. im impatient in waiting for new apps to get developed (i might dig in myself), lack of compatibility with existing apps (like shozu) and inconsistencies with the camera/camcorder (features in which i will not likely use anyway)

i think it's a fairly clean release for a first gen product, altho the whole OS version thing is confusing, so im excited to get those initial updates installed. personally, as a first time blackberry user and being a first time user as an early adapter for a first gen product, i can say well done RIM.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:37 AM   #39
Arcangel

listen to all of these supposed problem having folks... wait it out the iphone had shieet loads of issues in version one and look at the issues since 3G was released and how many updates...make sure you scroll all the way down....Apple - iPhone - Software Update
Old 11-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #40
4Runner

Model: 8830
Carrier: Alltel

I have had a BB since 2002 and a good friend is a huge BB fan and now has a STORM. I have had an iPhone 3G since its release. I have to post he is "luke warm" so far with the STORM. Some of his reservations are just switching from keys to touchscreen which would certainly hold true for both devices while others are due to falling short of the iPhone. I'm sure the STORM will be fine but it seems it will always be a step behind the iPhone. It's kind of like TiVo vs DVR...every cable/satelite provider has a DVR nowadays and they do perform the basic functionality of a TiVo but they are certainly not TiVo. If you have every used a TiVo it is clear they have the superior interface. The STORM seems to be like this. It is nice but certainly falls short of the iPhone.

IPhone comments - the releases have been very nice and certainly something RIM will have to emulate with the STORM. You can't release new hardware you must fix and enhance with firmware. RIM will need to catch up in this area. Apple is always releasing something new along with fixes...very nice. Voice quality and the phone features of the iPhone are very nice. Anyone posting about voice quality issues and "its an iPOD that you can make calls on" hasn't used it. I was very surprised about how much better of a phone the iPhone is than my 8830. Yes, no cut n paste but this is a firmware enhancement and not a hardware one. This will be addressed but it only bites me on occasion. Unlike the lack of WiFi which is a hardware replacement...come on, what was RIM thinking leaving this out. Crazy! Office documents. Yes no editing by please, editing a document on a handheld of ridiculous. A difference nonetheless but for most, this is moot. Get a laptop!

Bottom line is it comes down to company and culture. Phones have now become small computers and I'm with Apple and their innovations vs RIM. Anything lacking with the iPhone I'm sure will be fixed/enhanced in short order...certainly much faster than RIM.

OP - the decision is really up to you. Both devices will perform and both have shortcomings so it is up to you to determine which is best. Good luck
Closed Thread