BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 03:22 PM   #101
icepulse
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100T
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Just negotiated a cancel / store pick-up for tonight. Phew!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 03:28 PM   #102
markvibari
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320

I just called TMO customer service and found that my 8100 is backordered! Like most people here, I placed my order Tuesday morning (with standard free shipping) and it went on backorder today.

The TMO rep was helpful (filed a missing handset form) and apologetic, but she didn't quite know when to shut up... When I told her that I didn't understand why a phone I ordered early on the first day it became available should be backordered, she said, "My supervisor ordered his on Tuesday as well". I asked if his was on backorder. "No", she replied, "He has his".

Arghhh.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #103
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

What I meant by flashed is ... Sometimes on new handsets a last minute software change is implemented - those handsets in the warehouse get flashed (updated to the new OS) before being shipped. Handsets in the field will be field flashed by the customer.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 09-18-2006, 04:12 PM   #104
udontknowjack
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000

Maybe they are fixing the problem with missing phone calls due to the track ball moving in your pocket. If That is the case, it is worth the wait.

I too have had the same issue as the rest of you. I was told it was pending, then it shipped, then it is pending. So Friday, I walked in a store, bought one for the upgrade price. I still have one coming in via UPS some day. I may return it or keep it, unlock it and sell it for a pretty penny on Ebay.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:21 PM   #105
xyrcncp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepulse
Here was MY reply to that flaccid assurance:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/320040-post66.html
haha, you know what? If this phone doesn't show up by Wed, I'm telling them the same exact thing...see what they say...or not say...haha.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #106
winnieb

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmo

I just thought I would add my tmo situation on here....
I called the morning of the 12th- and placed order- and express shipping- I was told it would arrive by Friday. It was an upgrade so pearl price was $199-- Wednesday AM I received a text message stating my account had been billed $433, thanks for the upgrade. I called tmo- the rep I spoke with miskeyed the model number and ordered me a Nokia. The rep apologized and placed the pearl order, as well as told me to not accept the shipment on the Nokia to get credit. She also told me her sup rushed shipping on the BB.
Thursday there was no shipping info on ups website. I called and was told neither phone has been shipped. The Nokia would arrive Monday and the Pearl on Friday the 22nd. This rep credited me the express shipping on both phones (like this was a big favor- why would i pay express on the wrong phone! and a phone that is delayed one week!)
I looked on ups today and there was one tracking number arriving today- I called tmo- it is the Nokia-- the rep today tells me the Pearl is on backorder--I asked when that happened- she told me it has been backordered since the day I ordered the phone (wed!) and she was shocked no one told me.
I asked if I could go into the store and just pick it up-- well the answer was NO! this past thursday I filled out migration forms so I could use my corp discount. So now it appears as a business phone and they dont allow in store upgrades!
The rep today again was very sorry but had no clue when the Pearl would be available!
Old 09-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #107
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F

that suxx man... well goodluck

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 09-18-2006, 04:55 PM   #108
shill79

Was able to cancel my online order and pick one up in my local store a few minutes ago... Good luck to those still waiting...
Old 09-18-2006, 05:21 PM   #109
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

I just got off the phone with CC and have been told that T-Mobile has now been officially told (by whom I don't know) that the device is on backorder, AND that the backorder is 4 days. I've been instructed to add 4 days to the original arrival estimate. In my case, that would mean the phone would arrive on Thursday.

Given all that's happened, I'm not going to hold my breath, but... it's good that they're finally saying something.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:25 PM   #110
doppler

Model: 8900

Get this: My corporate rep told us to check back in mid-October for upgrades. Holy balls. I might just cry. Stupid gadget addiction.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:48 PM   #111
dsarao

Model: 7100
Default shipping

Not trying to make anyone angry here, but I ordered my pearl from T-mobile today at 2pm( I'm a NEW customer), and it has already shipped, and I've already gotten a tracking # that says delivery on the 20th. does it seem to anyone else that they're reserving these for new customers, and putting existing cumstomers on backorder?
Old 09-18-2006, 07:28 PM   #112
zyggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsarao
Not trying to make anyone angry here, but I ordered my pearl from T-mobile today at 2pm( I'm a NEW customer), and it has already shipped, and I've already gotten a tracking # that says delivery on the 20th. does it seem to anyone else that they're reserving these for new customers, and putting existing cumstomers on backorder?
The phones are coming from different warehouses.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:31 PM   #113
xyrcncp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr
I just got off the phone with CC and have been told that T-Mobile has now been officially told (by whom I don't know) that the device is on backorder, AND that the backorder is 4 days. I've been instructed to add 4 days to the original arrival estimate. In my case, that would mean the phone would arrive on Thursday.

Given all that's happened, I'm not going to hold my breath, but... it's good that they're finally saying something.
Same thing here, I'm on the phone with them right now...but they say that my arrival date is the 26th now. Yet I ordered the phone on the 12th and was told by two reps that the phone was in stock. Great.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #114
aaronkt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

OK just an update for you guys and gals. I posted earlier and i ordered on the 13th. I just checked UPS ( had been checking it all day) and it said it shipped. says i will get it on the 21 and the orginally told me the 20th. Says it's comming out of HORSHAM, PA, US. I guess thats might be the closest place to Kansas City they have, but i doubt it. Maybe they are just in short supply. Hope others start getting theirs.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:34 PM   #115
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

I just randomly checked tracking info for our order and it now shows up... UPS next day saver coming from Phili.

Did my call to TMO-Retention team work or is it just a coincidence?

I will let you know when we get it.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 09-18-2006, 08:41 PM   #116
somarpro
Thumbs Must Hurt

My Billing info and tracking # are up it notes to check back for shipping info. I placed my order on the 14th around noon.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:51 PM   #117
cristian1la

I have a 7100t (for about 6 months). Ordered the 8100 from CS. Very new to Blackberries.Now you guys have me all worried. I ordered the 8100 on Wednesday close to midnight. Guess I wont see it till October??? That makes me wanna cancel my order and go back to Cingular. I'll wait till Friday.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:56 PM   #118
somarpro
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristian1la
I have a 7100t (for about 6 months). Ordered the 8100 from CS. Very new to Blackberries.Now you guys have me all worried. I ordered the 8100 on Wednesday close to midnight. Guess I wont see it till October??? That makes me wanna cancel my order and go back to Cingular. I'll wait till Friday.
I ordered mine on Thursday, have you checked UPS lately to see if they have it yet?
Old 09-18-2006, 09:19 PM   #119
donthateme13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: curve
Carrier: tmo

FINALLY SHIPPED!!!!

man that felt like forever and jsut today i caleld to check on the status (again) and told it probably wouldnt ship til thursday or friday so i advise everyone check the reference number on ups.com
Old 09-18-2006, 09:21 PM   #120
nrw

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppler
I might just cry. Stupid gadget addiction.
I started laughing when I read this! I feel the exact same way!
Closed Thread