Old 09-25-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
pawn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell
Default Where to buy: new battery.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi:

Can anyone tell me where a battery can be purchased for my BB 7780, preferably in the vicinity of Burlington, Ontario?

Also....
<rant>
I really hate living in Canada sometimes for the specific reason it's impossible to find speciality electronic items...you know, like a battery for my BB. A couple of months ago, it was trying to find a new belt holster. Gee, Rogers, you wouldn't want to have any support at all for that $600 device I bought from you, now would you? And this is so typical: any time I need anything even slightly not mainstream, I have to go on eBay and get it from the thousands of people in the US selling it, then pay duty, taxes, shipping totalling more than the device. If Canadian vendors aren't willing or able to satisfy my needs, I shouldn't have to pay duty, period.
</rant>
Old 09-25-2005, 03:47 PM   #2
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Go right to RIMM, the last time I checked they were still in Canada.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 09-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #3
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Here you go: 7780 Battery right off the RIM website. You can also go to your local Rogers Wireless store, dealer or eBay for that matter. I got mine off eBay.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:26 AM   #4
corey@12mile

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn
Hi:

Can anyone tell me where a battery can be purchased for my BB 7780, preferably in the vicinity of Burlington, Ontario?

Also....
<rant>
I really hate living in Canada sometimes for the specific reason it's impossible to find speciality electronic items...you know, like a battery for my BB. A couple of months ago, it was trying to find a new belt holster. Gee, Rogers, you wouldn't want to have any support at all for that $600 device I bought from you, now would you? And this is so typical: any time I need anything even slightly not mainstream, I have to go on eBay and get it from the thousands of people in the US selling it, then pay duty, taxes, shipping totalling more than the device. If Canadian vendors aren't willing or able to satisfy my needs, I shouldn't have to pay duty, period.
</rant>
Dude... maybe you should move somewhere else... but then again, what do you expect from someone from Burlington... too stupid to drive down to the local Rogers store... there's one in Mapleview...

I am not even going to talk about the 'direct from RIM' route... like have you had your head up someone's ass for the last 10 years to not know that RIM head offices are 40 minutes from your house?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry here... but either way... it's good to be from east end hamilton... cross the bridge and get stupid I guess.

cd.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:30 AM   #5
corey@12mile

Oh... and for good measure... goto www.rogers.com, find the blackberry's, click on the 7280 and scroll down a bit to where it says 'Buy accessories only' and you should see a complete assortment of replacement parts... like holsters and battery's and such.

What's that saying about tits on a bull? you are useless as? something? geez.

cd.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:38 AM   #6
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

WOW I cant believe someone from Canada didnt know RIM was a Canadian Company and they could order right from them..
Old 09-26-2005, 06:19 PM   #7
pawn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@12mile
Dude... maybe you should move somewhere else... but then again, what do you expect from someone from Burlington... too stupid to drive down to the local Rogers store... there's one in Mapleview...

I am not even going to talk about the 'direct from RIM' route... like have you had your head up someone's ass for the last 10 years to not know that RIM head offices are 40 minutes from your house?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry here... but either way... it's good to be from east end hamilton... cross the bridge and get stupid I guess.

cd.
You're the biggest prick, so I'll respond to you, but this is directed at the rest as well. I double ****ing dare you to go to Mapleview and ask if the Rogers has batteries for a BB. I've walked into 4 Rogers dealers in the last few of days, no batteries, and no help. Same exact story when I was looking for a belt clip a few months back.

Thanks, I'm aware Waterloo is 40 minutes (50 minutes, but whatever) from my house, it's where I got my ****ing engineering degree, asswipe. 40 minutes from my house is 40 minutes from my house dinkwad. Like I said, Burlington area. And you have the nerve to talk about stupidity. I ****ing know I can get a battery at the BB web site, I wanted one sooner, and I didn't feel like paying $30 USD when they're available for $5 on eBay.

Finally, since I'm unfortunate enough to work in east end Hamilton (thank God I barely have to get off Highway 20), I can only laugh at you if you're one of the hideous troglodytes that populates that unfortunate pit of despair. I can't even eat my lunch at the Eastgate Mall you people are so ****ing pug ugly. I also ****ing dare you to go into the Rogers at Eastgate and ask for a battery, like I did on Friday.

To anyone else who offered such wonderful help to my very specific question about a Burlington area source, go **** yourselves. It's unbelievable how many smart ass nerds think they've crawled out of the primordial soup once they get behind a computer. Look, I feel real bad that you had to change in font of the normal guys in gym class, but the odds are, I'm not the guy who flicked you with a towel.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:52 AM   #8
corey@12mile

Dude... first off, yes, you are retarded. Second I grew up there and if you want to get all mouthy and stuff stand up at Eastgate in the food court and yell out that east enders are pug ugly... You won't do it, cause you know you'd get the sh it kicked out of you.

You think you are all that... how can an engineer be so stupid... oh... I bet you are an engineer but stuck working at McDonalds eh...

50 minutes maybe the way you drive, everyone else drives the speed limit. It's pretty bad that you live in Burlington but can only get a job in Hamilton... not the other way where the pay is better, must say something about the level of your skills.

Oh... and who says we're just smart ass nerds... You can call me whatever you want, but believe you me... if we were to ever run into each other on the street, you would be keeping your mouth shut. Guaranteed.

You talk the talk, but still walk from burlington... trying to be better than everyone else... ya... that's right, I am sterotyping you. I don't need to but your 'better than everyone' attitude just proved the wannabe punk that you are. I can make a phone call and go pickup a battery in 10 minutes for a blackberry. Have you ever thought people just don't want to deal with you?

You know... if you spend more time in hamilton it'll humble you a little bit knowing that the 12 year old kids will kick the sh it out of you if you look at them funny.

You suck. You are such a loser. Stay in Burlington.

cd.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:40 AM   #9
Dawg
No longer Registered.

alright corey you went from ass hole to prick you are moving up in the world at least you wont smaell as bad now.

but Pawn instead of insulting us you should listen to the ones who atleast know what they are talking about.

as for the pissing contest I dont know squat about the two areas you are talking about so i am outta that end of it.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:56 AM   #10
corey@12mile

Burlington is like yuppie city and hamilton is good ol' blue collar city...

In burlington you grow up thinking your sh*t don't stink...

In hamilton you grow up thinking you sh*t don't stink as bad as the air outside...

In burlington you think you are better than everyone...

In hamilton you look for burlington people to beat up cause they think they are better than you.

either way... it's not hard to find a battery for the blackberry... but some people don't know how to deal with people very well. Treat people with respect and you get respect back, that's why nobody wants to deal with loser boy.

cd.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:00 AM   #11
Dawg
No longer Registered.

OK then well atleast I know a little more about Canada than I did five minutes ago.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:24 AM   #12
rta53
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

I find that I haven't been frequenting these forums as much lately. Maybe posts like these is the reason why. I see no point in being so insulting to others. Most all of us come here for help or to help. One of the reasons I avoid some online forums is that you have a few participants who seem to relish telling others how stupid they are because they don't know something or because they asked a particular question. The anonimity of forums seems to bring out the worst in some people.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:30 AM   #13
harryzuluberries
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
PIN: DUPONT FIFTH AVENUE LARGE ORPHEO ROLLERBALL
Carrier: the Titanic
Lightbulb ????

Quote:

cd.
*RANT*
Not taking sides...just READING HIS POST. corey, the guy did say he was looking for one in the vicinity. Everyone got on him about ordering online (except the "go to RIMM route"). your reply didn't even start with a question, like "hey did you try mapleview or blah, blah, blah city." he then would've said what he said in anger....i've tried the stores that are farther out (my paraphrase). my apologies, but sometimes there are those on this board who can be quite combative even when there has been no malice aimed at them to begin with. and from your reply corey it would appear that you are the one with issues with people from other cities (which is really ridiculous-both of you), because i knew anything about which side is which it was this quote above that first "informed" me. i know this won't make me popular but grow up corey and try this......in order for respect to be earned it must sometimes also first be given. *RANT*

on the flip side.......PAWN, don't you guys have directory assistance in Canada (411-might be a stupid question, but i make it a habit not to assume)? Next time, call around. you save everyone from doing work you could easily do as well as saving yourself from the ire of those with short fuses.

oh, btw, if you want to bash me, go ahead i won't respond so enjoy the easy target. if you have something constructive to say or ask then it would be my pleasure to respond.

7510>7520>7100i>8830>8330>9630
Old 09-27-2005, 11:41 AM   #14
shadowlesss
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Exclamation

Quote:

cd.
Corey seems to think that he is better than everyone else so he talks others down when in actuality he is just proving the point for us that he is a idiot! We need to gather all of his remarks and pass them to Guess and have him kicked out of this forum! He is more of a waste of time than actual help! Check out the thread that I started and look at Corey's comments...he proves the point once again!http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=12243

Shadowlesss

Kindness Is The Ability To Love
Old 09-27-2005, 11:47 AM   #15
corey@12mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzuluberries
*RANT*
Not taking sides...just READING HIS POST. corey, the guy did say he was looking for one in the vicinity. Everyone got on him about ordering online (except the "go to RIMM route"). your reply didn't even start with a question, like "hey did you try mapleview or blah, blah, blah city." he then would've said what he said in anger....i've tried the stores that are farther out (my paraphrase). my apologies, but sometimes there are those on this board who can be quite combative even when there has been no malice aimed at them to begin with. and from your reply corey it would appear that you are the one with issues with people from other cities (which is really ridiculous-both of you), because i knew anything about which side is which it was this quote above that first "informed" me. i know this won't make me popular but grow up corey and try this......in order for respect to be earned it must sometimes also first be given. *RANT*

on the flip side.......PAWN, don't you guys have directory assistance in Canada (411-might be a stupid question, but i make it a habit not to assume)? Next time, call around. you save everyone from doing work you could easily do as well as saving yourself from the ire of those with short fuses.

oh, btw, if you want to bash me, go ahead i won't respond so enjoy the easy target. if you have something constructive to say or ask then it would be my pleasure to respond.
I made 2 phone calls and found a battery for a 7280 that is minutes from where he works... like we are talking 5-6 minutes driving from where he works. If he wants it bad enough he can find it now.

I can't believe he calls me/us nerds and such when obviously he's got some frequent flyer miles at thesaurus.com... like really... hideous troglodytes and primordial soup...

This guy talks like this from behind his computer. If I were ever at a bar and this little f*ck said something like this to me, which I don't care what it means, I would punch the f*ck outta him... I would love to see this chump try and call someone names like this in real life.

He is too lazy to pickup a phone book, obviously doesn't know how to do things on his own, and then just comes here b*tching about it. Like seriously, someone who comes here and makes a post like that is just flaimbait, nothing more, nothing less.

How about coming in and saying... 'I am too lazy to call more than 1 place and I don't want to ship from the US. Can someone do my legwork for me and find me a battery that is close to me so I don't have to waste more than 10 minutes of my loser life to get something I need cause I was stupid and f*cked up my last one?'

That's about what I equate his post to be.

You tell me to grow up, but day after day I read 9 of these BS posts, before I find 1 legit post where I can actually help somebody. If you walked up to someone in need and they kicked you when you tried to help them, and then the next few people kicked you too, until you finally got to someone who was receptive of your help, how often would you go out looking to find someone to help.

I think I am more than grown up, but you can only deal with so much crap everyday. I have said this before... if you don't like me, filter me.

cd.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:15 PM   #16
stonent

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn
40 minutes (50 minutes, but whatever) from my house,
Sorry, 40 Minutes American, 50 minutes Canadian.

(We sometimes forget about the exchange rate)

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:12 PM   #17
roofus

Model: PassP
Wink Private fight?

Is this a private fight?

or

can anyone join in?
Old 09-27-2005, 03:16 PM   #18
corey@12mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlesss
Corey seems to think that he is better than everyone else so he talks others down when in actuality he is just proving the point for us that he is a idiot! We need to gather all of his remarks and pass them to Guess and have him kicked out of this forum! He is more of a waste of time than actual help! Check out the thread that I started and look at Corey's comments...he proves the point once again!http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=12243

Shadowlesss
Do it...

No matter how I come across, I am still right. You are absolutely useless.

If I am an idiot, how come the more senior people around here agree with my answers?

But either way... gather up all my posts and send them to Guess. Make sure you get them all though. And when you are done, you can kiss my *ss.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:21 PM   #19
corey@12mile

Oh... you know what shadowf*cker... that post you point to... maybe you should get some common sense... my very first post was actually constructive if you know anything about device programming. You don't know what you are talking about and you look at it from a layman's point of view... if this has it, then that should have it too. You call me an idiot and say I prove it in that thread, well what I read from that thread is me posting constructive critisism about the idea, as well as possible ways to do it. I also talk about the reality of implementing something like this.

You say you are all that but in reality, you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Have someone with a little bit more brainpower than you read the thread. You, are the idiot. You think everything is *easy* guess again. Why don't you learn to do something on your own and then you can answer questions with a little more authority. You are too stupid to understand the technicals behind any of this stuff, so until you get a half a brain to comprehend with, go sit in a corner.

and I'm the idiot.

cd.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:24 PM   #20
corey@12mile

I am just totally pissed right now. Shadow... seriously, get a f*cking clue before you say anything to me. You talk about being a programmer I believe, yet you obviously don't understand any methodology when it comes to coding. Like seriously, f*ck you.
Closed Thread