BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
noname
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel
Question QQ - Exams BCP-410 & BCP-411

Please Login to Remove!

I'm currently preparing exam BCP-411 Maintaining a BlackBerry Enterprise Server in an IBM Lotus Domino Environment. Having a lot of my BES peers supporting the Exchange BES, I asked about the types of questions which may appears in the exam BCP-410 Maintaining a BlackBerry Enterprise Server in a Micorsoft Exchange Environment. I thought to myself and that the only difference must be in the mail platform and everything else BlackBerry should be tested the same. I heard about testing on knowledge of S/MIME, PGP, VPN, WLAN etc... for the BlackBerry portions of the questions. Well how I am wrong when I compare their respective exam objective. It appears that BCP-411 objectives stated in the exam guide is purely BES related. Could someone correct me if I'm wrong? Could it be that the exam guide has mis-informed the Domino candidates? Could someone verify?

Below shows the 2 different sets of exam objectives:-

(1) BCP-410 Maintaining a BlackBerry Enterprise Server in a Micorsoft Exchange Environment Exam Objectives

Section 1 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation and upgrade
• Explain how to verify and configure prerequisites, requirements, and permissions for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server • Explain how to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software • Describe how to upgrade the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software

Section 2 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry device user configuration
• Describe how to configure the BlackBerry Domain using BlackBerry Manager • Describe how to configure the BlackBerry Enterprise Server using BlackBerry Manager • Describe how configure a BlackBerry device user account • Describe how to create and maintain software configurations • Describe how to configure the BlackBerry Enterprise Server components • Describe how to activate BlackBerry devices over the wireless network

Section 3 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration
• Describe how to create, edit, and assign WLAN configuration sets • Describe how to administer BlackBerry device user accounts with BlackBerry Manager • Assign software configurations • Demonstrate understanding of the BlackBerry Enterpriseฎ Server User Administration Tool • Demonstrate an understanding of the BlackBerry MDS Integration Service

Section 4 - Securing the BlackBerry Enterprise Server environment
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of IT policies • Demonstrate understanding of the configuration of S/MIME Support Package for BlackBerryฎ devices and PGPฎ Support Package BlackBerryฎ devices for in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server • Demonstrate an understanding of application control policies • Explain how to enable and implement the ESP • Explain how to enable and implement the access control lists • Explain the purpose of role-based administration • Explain the configuration of BlackBerry Enterprise Server components in the DMZ

Section 5 - Maintaining the BlackBerry solution
• Describe methods of implementing a disaster recovery plan • Use the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Resource Kit to analyze BlackBerry Enterprise Server performance • Describe options for BlackBerry Enterprise Server monitoring

Section 6 - Troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Solution • Describe the functionality of BlackBerry Enterprise Service components • Discuss data flow in the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution • Demonstrate understanding of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server log files • Interpret statistics and statuses in BlackBerry Manager • Diagnose and recommend resolutions for system administration issues related to the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution

(2) BCP-411 Maintaining a BlackBerry Enterprise Server in an IBM Lotus Domino Environment Exam Objectives

Section 1 - Planning the BlackBerry environment
• Explain the functionality of the components in a BlackBerry environment. • Review and explain the existing mail and database architecture. • Plan for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation. • Plan for a Blackberry environment including scalability, disaster recovery and supportability.

Section 2 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation • Install/upgrade the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. • Deploy desktop applications and BlackBerry devices.

• Manage BlackBerry user accounts. • Manage BlackBerry devices. • Secure the environment. • Monitor the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. • Administer the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. • Configure the BlackBerry MDS and Instant Messaging. • Configure the remote BlackBerry components.

Section 4 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server troubleshooting
• Troubleshoot BlackBerry Enterprise Server issues. • Troubleshoot user account and BlackBerry device issues.

Last edited by noname; 09-10-2009 at 08:08 PM..
Old 09-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

I haven't done both exams so I can't speak to it ... but I really would think the differences would focus on the differences in the mail platforms ... I'd venture a guess that simply the documentation was done by two different groups and your initial assumption is correct.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:35 AM   #3
noname

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.

Thanks for responding, hdawg. I would love to hear from Domino folks who have already wrote the exam too... anybody?
Old 09-15-2009, 07:43 AM   #4
noname

Anybody?
Old 09-15-2009, 07:52 AM   #5
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

nobody :(
Old 09-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #6
noname

:( It's a competitive world out there....
Old 02-06-2010, 03:16 AM   #7
noname

Smile Update

Finally after much preparation and finally found time to write it, I passed.

And Yes, these are examined:-

BCP-411 Maintaining a BlackBerry Enterprise Server in an IBM Lotus Domino Environment Exam Objectives

Section 1 - Planning the BlackBerry environment
• Explain the functionality of the components in a BlackBerry environment. • Review and explain the existing mail and database architecture. • Plan for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation. • Plan for a Blackberry environment including scalability, disaster recovery and supportability.

Section 2 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation
• Install/upgrade the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. • Deploy desktop applications and BlackBerry devices.

• Manage BlackBerry user accounts. • Manage BlackBerry devices. • Secure the environment. • Monitor the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. • Administer the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. • Configure the BlackBerry MDS and Instant Messaging. • Configure the remote BlackBerry components.

Section 4 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server troubleshooting
• Troubleshoot BlackBerry Enterprise Server issues. • Troubleshoot user account and BlackBerry device issues
Old 02-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #8
freakinvibe

Model: Class
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Swisscom

Well, I passed the 410 and there was not much Exchange-related in there. Two questions were asking about the permissions the BESAdmin accounts need in Exchange and that was it. So I guess, it is not a big difference between the two exams.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
noname

There were a lot of Domino and Sametime related questions; mostly on configurations that will ensure BES works fine. The rest are handhelds, BlackBerry security, message flows, BES Administration + Troubleshootings etc related questions.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #10
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Thanks for the update, it's good to know what they focus on (if I decide to take this).

Did you consider it a tough test?

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #11
noname

Sorry for delay reply SteveO86. I think BCP-411 is not that tough. As long as you have enough hands-on, should be fine. Good luck on his exam prep!
Old 02-26-2010, 04:51 PM   #12
GrandsireTriples
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8520
Carrier: o2

Just one thing I would add from a European view for the BlackBerry exams. Make sure you know a bit about BlackBerry WiFi. In EU most carriers are on an unlimited use tarriff but the NA users I think are on a useage based tarriff so rely on WiFi to control the cost. As a result WiFi can be ignored in EU but the exam covers NA so expect so WiFi questions.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #13
skylord

Model: 8900
Carrier: Blackberry
Default hi

hi noname...would u so kindly to share me all material including video tutorial which explain all about exam BCP-410 .....i want to study and have knowlegde about it.

really appreciate for your big help

best regards,

skylord
Old 05-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #14
mesenalston

Model: 9550
Carrier: verizon

Could i get a copy as well?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylord View Post
hi noname...would u so kindly to share me all material including video tutorial which explain all about exam BCP-410 .....i want to study and have knowlegde about it.

really appreciate for your big help

best regards,

skylord
Closed Thread