Old 07-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #61
manchego

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT/Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
Okay, and 90% of his posts on here AREN'T about these email viewers. Your point is? ani already came on here and said that his batchmates were being a bit eager in their postings. Take that for what it's worth.
So 10% are not? How many posts is that?

My point is that this particular moderator seems to have taken sides. In a fair system, the moderators facilitate, they don't opinionate.

Please do the search yourself. I think many people don't like the possibility that moderators are biased.

In terms of the competing software offerings, I don't think all that many people care about making email look pretty. The BlackBerry already has all the functionality. They are very good at what they do.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #62
manchego

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
And 66% of your 3 posts are attacking me. Hmmm.
I haven't posted thousands of messages, of which (according to your colleague) apparently 10% were on this email viewer.

Frankly, I don't care what you do. I thought other people might care what this forum supports and doesn't. It doesn't appear to be fair play.

By the way, do you actually know what a proxy server is? What motivated that strange message about IP addresses?
Old 07-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #63
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchego View Post
In a fair system, the moderators facilitate, they don't opinionate.
Umm, I'd beg to differ that statement. Do you think we'd even be here if our sole purpose is to moderate? No. We are consumers. We are enthusiasts. Some of our jobs are centered around BlackBerry. To say that we don't have the right to our opinions is absolutely stupid. If you think John is biased, so be it. I don't personally think he is and neither do quite a few other people who have been on here for quite some time. Our first priorities on this forum is to provide assistance when we can, to provide value to the forum (as we did prior to being made moderators; afterall, that's why most of us are in our position now - we had something to offer), and to be users just like everyone else ...my last priority as a moderator of this forum is to moderate our users, as it's an open community. When someone steps out of line or if a post/user is reported or I'm PM'd about someone being a troublesome dimwit, then I'll step in and use the powers I have. Otherwise, people are people and they should interact accordingly.

You may disagree with my opinions, and that's your opinion to do so, but I've been doing this for a long time (almost 3 years on here and many more years on other forums that I run), so I think I know the ropes when it comes to using the powers of moderation/administration of online communities.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #64
ani
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: Airtel

I knew that was coming. And I am not surprised. Anyone who has been in India you knows two things -

1. Credit Cards are a privilege for elites here. Even people with full-time jobs are not able to get credit cards easily. If you are a student you have to take someones help.

2. This is not implied yet, but since I know that will be your next question - I will put that here as well. Animesh is a fairly common name. Even my chemistry lab partner in first year was Animesh Kumar. And there are two Animesh in my department itself.

If I really had to hide it I would have asked them to buy me a private domain registration instead of leaving it open to everyone on the internet.

Thankfully I wasn't named Amit by my parents, or I would have been left explaining my whole life to a 'group of people here' how am I different from every other Amit as that happens to be an even more common name in India.

Ani.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #65
ani

My god!! My GOD!!!

okay before someone now looks up on manchengo, I must say - I honestly don't know who he is !!! Anyone who has been to college knows that college connections runs strong, and not being a God I honestly have absolutely no way to find out which of the 10,500 residents on this campus is an ardent supporter of Empower. I just hope he is not one of them, or else I am going to have to pay for that again !!!

CAN WE NOW PLEEEAASE GET THE THREAD BACK TO WHAT I MEANT IT FOR? PRODUCT FEEDBACK ANYONE ??

Last edited by ani; 07-01-2007 at 06:41 PM..
Old 07-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #66
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

As far as the mods. We all have opinions and biases. Heck. there are reviewers and critics of every product. (e.g. Movie critics) We, as subscribers have the choice to take their information and information of others.

Not that this is the case, I have no issue with anyone in a mod role supporting or criticicizing any item, as long as there is no conflict of interest. Enough said.

Last edited by akosnitzky; 07-01-2007 at 06:40 PM..
Old 07-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #67
OrganicBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani View Post
I knew that was coming. And I am not surprised. Anyone who has been in India you knows two things -

1. Credit Cards are a privilege for elites here. Even people with full-time jobs are not able to get credit cards easily. If you are a student you have to take someones help.

2. This is not implied yet, but since I know that will be your next question - I will put that here as well. Animesh is a fairly common name. Even my chemistry lab partner in first year was Animesh Kumar. And there are two Animesh in my department itself.

If I really had to hide it I would have asked them to buy me a private domain registration instead of leaving it open to everyone on the internet.

Thankfully I wasn't named Amit by my parents, or I would have been left explaining my whole life to a 'group of people here' how am I different from every other Amit as that happens to be an even more common name in India.

Ani.

Are you saying that you ARE NOT Animesh Srivastava?

Odd...how the "about us" section of your website dissapeared where it listed your names.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #68
ani

Quote:

Ani.
Answered before.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #69
manchego

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
Umm, I'd beg to differ that statement. Do you think we'd even be here if our sole purpose is to moderate? No. We are consumers. We are enthusiasts. Some of our jobs are centered around BlackBerry. To say that we don't have the right to our opinions is absolutely stupid. If you think John is biased, so be it. I don't personally think he is and neither do quite a few other people who have been on here for quite some time. Our first priorities on this forum is to provide assistance when we can, to provide value to the forum (as we did prior to being made moderators; afterall, that's why most of us are in our position now - we had something to offer), and to be users just like everyone else ...my last priority as a moderator of this forum is to moderate our users, as it's an open community. When someone steps out of line or if a post/user is reported or I'm PM'd about someone being a troublesome dimwit, then I'll step in and use the powers I have. Otherwise, people are people and they should interact accordingly.

You may disagree with my opinions, and that's your opinion to do so, but I've been doing this for a long time (almost 3 years on here and many more years on other forums that I run), so I think I know the ropes when it comes to using the powers of moderation/administration of online communities.
This is one of the most scary things I have ever heard from a moderator. You have the power to decide what is on this board and isn't. We don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Not that this is the case, I have no issue with anyone in a mod role supporting or criticicizing any item, as long as there is no conflict of interest. Enough said.
This is one reason why.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #70
OrganicBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Answered before.
No...you still haven't answered it.

Are you Animesh Srivastava? The same person who registered both domains.

You're evading the question. A simple yes or no is what's being asked.

Are you Animesh Srivastava...and did you register both domains?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #71
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700R
PIN: On Request
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicBerry View Post
No...you still haven't answered it.

Are you Animesh Srivastava? The same person who registered both domains.
My guess is that what he meant by he replied, is that he explained that because he didn't have a credit card, the domain name was registered for him by Mobylo using their credit card.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #72
ani

I answered that before you asked. Henceforth ignored.

Last edited by ani; 07-01-2007 at 07:57 PM..
Old 07-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #73
rboy

Model: 9000
PIN: 24A231B9
Carrier: at&t
Question this is wild!

this stuff should be on tv! its like im reading a soap opera. from the outside reading in; it looks like the new members that are attacking john clark might be a part of empower. i don't know for sure but it really looks like it. they are very defensive.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:22 PM   #74
ani

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboy View Post
this stuff should be on tv! its like im reading a soap opera. from the outside reading in; it looks like the new members that are attacking john clark might be a part of empower. i don't know for sure but it really looks like it. they are very defensive.
Maybe they are a "part of Empower". Maybe they are not. I have on way of knowing and if mods will want, they can certainly find that out using IP.

Finally, I am responsible for my products. I really have no say over thoughts and opinions of people who using it, loving it or championing it. You are free to download it, use it and hate or like it and then voice your opinion as well.

Thanks.

Last edited by ani; 07-01-2007 at 08:30 PM..
Old 07-01-2007, 08:30 PM   #75
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchego View Post
This is one of the most scary things I have ever heard from a moderator. You have the power to decide what is on this board and isn't. We don't.
As with anyone with power, it's to be used responsibly. I'm sure I can get my moderation history and show it to you, if you really want me to do so - I rarely, if ever, delete anything from this forum. I take the approach of least-enforced moderation. Again, if you don't agree with the way I do things here, so be it. No one is forcing you to visit this website or forum, to be perfectly honest. I would say that I have an impeccable reputation within this community.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:31 PM   #76
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Maybe they are a "part of Empower". Maybe they are not. I have on way of knowing and if mods will want, they can certainly find that out using IP.
They aren't. Seems more like the people from xxxxxxx, to be honest - same neck of the woods.