look at "SmartView" in apps.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #102
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelandv View Post
Apologies if this has already been answered or if I'm missing something fundamental. I downloaded it and it apparently installed successfully, and is showing in the installed applications list in the Status area, but I cannot find it anywhere in the applications menus?

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Leland
Launch the default RIM e-mail viewer (i.e., either "Messages" application or a specific BIS account). "BBSmart Options" will appear in the menu. If configured as the default e-mail viewer, BBSmart will launch when you open e-mail messages.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:19 PM   #103
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
Smartview will add the entire email body into the notes field of a task or appointment (which I was unable to do before SV) and add attendees (which I was unable to do before SV). Reminder options (or lack thereof) would be the standard BB ones from that point on: snooze on appointments and tasks with dates and times, but as for subsequent reminders on appointments/tasks after the time has passed, I'm not sure, if that's what you meant.

As for 'follow-up', I haven't used it, so I don't know.
I notice this does not parallel the accept appointments function.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:26 PM   #104
lelandv

Model: 8100G
PIN: 25137BF7
Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
Launch the default RIM e-mail viewer (i.e., either "Messages" application or a specific BIS account). "BBSmart Options" will appear in the menu. If configured as the default e-mail viewer, BBSmart will launch when you open e-mail messages.

Many thanks... looks pretty nifty. Didn't pick up whether it supports multiple accounts. I have both BES with Exchange server and a normal POP3 account on the corporate network. Until now I've been using the RIM mail for the synchronised mail from the exchange server and LogicMail for the POP3 account. Will BBSmart support multiple accounts, both BES and others?

Thanks,

Leland
Old 06-30-2007, 04:41 PM   #105
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelandv View Post
Many thanks... looks pretty nifty. Didn't pick up whether it supports multiple accounts. I have both BES with Exchange server and a normal POP3 account on the corporate network. Until now I've been using the RIM mail for the synchronised mail from the exchange server and LogicMail for the POP3 account. Will BBSmart support multiple accounts, both BES and others?

Thanks,

Leland
Absolutely! I have BES as well as multiple (about five) BIS accounts configured that I view with BBSmart.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #106
lelandv

Model: 8100G
PIN: 25137BF7
Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
Absolutely! I have BES as well as multiple (about five) BIS accounts configured that I view with BBSmart.
Great.. will play around with it some more...

many thanks everyone!

L.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:38 PM   #107
eZainny
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicBerry View Post
OK....maybe I'm missing something....but how does the auto update work? I can't find anything clickable in the email menu or in options.

In a message a few up it mentions the setting on options.....is this a 4.2 only feature?

No big deal mind you....I love this.
Hi OrganicBerry,

From the BBSmart Options screen, you should be able to find "Check for Updates" from the menu. You may still be running the beta version, not sure. If you download the latest from MobiHand this option is in there.

Thanks,
eZainny.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:40 PM   #108
eZainny

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
Hey, eZainny...I deal a lot on eBay, but my email notifications from them from members asking about my sales are unreadable. I mean, I get the pretty eBay logo and all, but the text (which is full of html) is virtually unreadable except for lots of links...really a hassle.

What can I do?
Hi davistld01,

ebay emails can be a bit tricky sometimes since the email gets so badly mangled by RIMs email servers before it arrives to your device. I know because I'm a big ebay fan too!

I'll look through some ebay emails tonight prior to putting out this next update and see if there is anything I can do to improve them.

Thanks,
eZainny.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:45 PM   #109
eZainny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crupp View Post
this seems like a great tool but I am not seeing many graphics I am still seeing links or long email address instead of a pic or graphic. THough the format is MUCH better without displaying the pics or graphics it is hard to justify the extra cost. Hopefully I am doing something wrong. I am on a BES but have the connection setting set to TCP/IP (I have a seperate data plan)

Any help?
Hi Crupp,

Did your connection settings work upfront? Do you see images in any emails you receive? If you want, feel free to follow-up on this on our support email address [email address] and we should be able to help you out.

From my point of view, I don't feel as if the real utility of this software comes from displaying images. I'm not trying to make an HTML email viewer, because you just can't do that effectively - HTML emails just become to badly changed by RIMs email servers before they arrive to your device. So HTML email is just not possible. We're working on ways to just make reading regular business emails (which let's face it, are the majority most people receive on their device) much better.

EDIT: Just reading down the posts, I think the above should answer crazyapes' question too

Last edited by eZainny; 06-30-2007 at 08:49 PM..
Old 07-01-2007, 02:59 AM   #110
OrganicBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZainny View Post
Hi OrganicBerry,

From the BBSmart Options screen, you should be able to find "Check for Updates" from the menu. You may still be running the beta version, not sure. If you download the latest from MobiHand this option is in there.

Thanks,
eZainny.

I tried reinstalling...already had 2.0, installed over the top and fresh after an uninstall....sstill not there.

I'll shoot an email.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:47 AM   #111
eZainny

Hi All,

Just letting you know I'll be releasing v2.1 tonight (aus time). Main changes:

- Plain white is now available from the color pickers (should be the first option at the top of the list)
- File and View Folder is now in for BES users.
- Next unread message shortcut for suretype devices (*)
- Shortcut key to toggle summary/full details

When it comes out, you'll be able to update to it using the "Check for Updates" menu option available from the BBSmart Options screen. You'll retain all your existing settings, etc. so it will just be business as usual.

If there are any last real simple requests for this release I'm happy to put them in - otherwise they can wait for 2.2 which is never very far away

Cheers,
eZainny.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:52 AM   #112
eZainny

Actually, I just had a really cool idea...Hmmm...probably too big to put in this release...I'll put it in 2.2!

Plus we've had some people in the background working on a very cool big feature which should be launching sometime soon...I think you'll all really like this one.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:58 AM   #113
pengrus

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengrus View Post
Hi, does this support foreign language yet if the foreign font pack is installed on BB?
Asked twice, without an answer yet...
Old 07-02-2007, 02:00 AM   #114
eZainny

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengrus View Post
Asked twice, without an answer yet...
Damn! Sorry...It's easy to lose posts on forums
No sorry, we don't support languages other than English.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:39 AM   #115
pengrus

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

That's too bad. I can view the foreign language on BB with no problem (with foreign font installed), but your script actually made it unreadable. So I don't understand why they work with native BB email, but not once your script is added.

To some this is a deal breaker. Many BB users travel internationally, and read emails in foreign language...

Thanks for your reply.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:53 AM   #116
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None

Hey, eZainny...how about some answers to our posts above about why we are not able to recieve useable email from eBay. This is very important to me, as well as some others here...and if it is a html thing, isn't this viewer supposed to help in that regard?

Thanks-
Terry
Old 07-02-2007, 04:05 AM   #117
DiRN

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZainny View Post
When it comes out, you'll be able to update to it using the "Check for Updates" menu option available from the BBSmart Options screen. You'll retain all your existing settings, etc. so it will just be business as usual.
Is this something that is only available after you register? I'm on version 2.0 and don't have any such button on my options screen.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:05 AM   #118
eZainny

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
Hey, eZainny...how about some answers to our posts above about why we are not able to recieve useable email from eBay. This is very important to me, as well as some others here...and if it is a html thing, isn't this viewer supposed to help in that regard?

Thanks-
Terry
Hi Terry,

I talked about it a little bit above but I guess didn't go into enough detail. Before any emails arrive to your device, they first pass through email servers setup by RIM. Upon detecting HTML emails, RIMs email servers strip out almost everything that made it HTML - they pull out all html tags, css styles, javascript, everything.

The result is that by the time an email arrives to your device, it looks absolutely nothing like it once did (ie. how it looks in Outlook). Unfortunately, there is simply no way to reverse that process - that information that got pulled out is gone.

I never claimed my program was an HTML email viewer. In fact, I've gone to great lengths to try to educate people that is not the case.

This is another count why I think Empower is being deceptive to users. Their program isn't an HTML email viewer either - it works just like mine. Heck, we already get a lot of support emails from people asking why our program doesn't look like HTML. When Empower/Mobylo goes on sale, I can't imagine how overflowing their inbox will be with people asking why a self-titled "HTML Email Viewer" doesn't view HTML email like it claims to.

Anyway, we do our best to improve the look and quality of emails. For me, the real utility of this software comes from improving regular business emails that get sent back and forward just in a regular business environment. We do a heck of a lot to improve the appearance of those. Compare some and you'll see the difference too.

Hope the above helps

Cheers,
eZainny.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:17 AM   #119
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

I've been a user of handheld devices for several years now, starting with the brick that was the Casio E-125. So I've had a lot of opportunity to use third party apps and watch how the developers of those apps work with their customers. There is only one other developer that has been as responsive as eZainny. Alex at WebIS is a top-notch developer whose rapport with his clients is above reproach. His apps, of which Pocket Informant is the flagship, are well-built and they simply work. eZainny is that kind of developer for the BlackBerry. He admits when he's goofed and overlooked a post. He's up front as to what his product can and can't do and he doesn't misrepresent his app.

Thanks, eZainny! Kudos.

(BTW, no, I have no connection to eZainny whatsoever. He's not planting a fake customer. )
Old 07-02-2007, 05:40 AM   #120
eZainny

Thanks for the kind words gdpmumin

DiRN,

I just downloaded the versions that are available now OTA (tried out both 4.x and 4.2) and when I go to BBSmart Options, if I click the trackwheel to bring up the menu the first entry is "Check for Updates", followed by "Connection Options" and finally "Save and Exit".

Is the check for updates option not showing up for you? I remember OrganicBerry reported the same thing...Hope it's not an epidemic

Regards,
eZainny.