Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
smuook

Model: Playb
PIN: N/A
Carrier: None
Default WARNING... PDF Creator Ultimate

Please Login to Remove!

Just a heads up so you don't make the same mistake I did... the playbook version of PDF Creator Ultimate is not acceptable to me. It looks nothing like the screenshot and does not have close to what I would view as adequate functionality to deserve being a paid app. To be fair to the developer (which I don't see why I should since he deleted my negative... but completely accurate, appropriate, and respectful review)... Ice Cold Apps does put a warning on the App World page. But they don't adequately describe what functionality is missing. I bought it based on the reviews (before I learned that a developer can delete and review he wants). So all I saw is positive reviews and I have no idea how many they have deleted. Plus the fact that I really need this functionality, as I pdf all my receipts. I fully admit that I should have tried the free version first, but I think it is still warranted to post this so others don't make my mistake.

Anyhow, here is what the App World Post looks like... you can see the vague, but written notice to playbook users... I decided to buy because of the positive reviews and 5 star rating (my bad).

h**p://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/15271/152713680eeb7a50d8e1270d11264f3f49ec727b.jpg

Here is what you actually get:

h**p://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/15271/15271388fa5217c0e5c0e8e2af5bc6bd534137e8.jpg

OK, so it's an early release... and it looks like something not even worthy of WinCE. But I can't do anything with the it. There is no way to get the pdf of the playbook. It's missing the most important functionality of the App... to retrieved the pdf! It is completely useless. I emailed the developer and he said it was the first release and it will be updated. OK... but should you be charging for this? At best, I would say this App is in Alpha stage on the Playbook.

After nearly a month... plus the developer deleting my review... I have given up on waiting.

So I'm out a couple bucks... I'm not gonna cry about that. What really irritates my is the BB policy of allowing developers to delete my review. What incentive do I have to review if I want improvements or to let others know of my experience.... and what incentive does Ice Cold Apps have to fix stuff if they can just delete my review?

Last edited by smuook; 12-21-2011 at 04:24 PM..
Closed Thread