Old 06-21-2010, 07:25 AM   #1
spenillo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default OperaMini Problems? Unresponsive trackball

Please Login to Remove!

I have been experiencing a unusual amount of crashes with operaMini lately. I never used to have this many, and it always seems to be the same system crash. If I leave OperaMini running in the background, it seems that the trackball becomes unresponsive, but only in OperaMini. This is a major problem, because you can't close the program unless you reboot the blackberry. Its a real pain in the butt, and never used to happen, I think it might be a result of .681, but I can't be positive. Anyone else have this happening.

I might try to uninstall and reinstall fresh OperaMini.

Bolt seems to be growing on me, I like how you can actually close it using the Menu key if needed.

Using Latest OS: 9000 5.0.0.1137/5.0.0.681
OperaMini 5.0

Last edited by spenillo; 06-21-2010 at 07:26 AM..
Old 06-22-2010, 02:37 AM   #2
ithehappy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Vodafone Essar

I am having this annoying problem too. Mine doesn't restart that much but the trackball sensitivity is awful on my Bold. I just can't move the pointer...it's really boring to have this problem on a good web browser. If anyone knows a fix please input here.
Regards,
Saurav.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
btrower

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers
Default moi aussi

I just downloaded Opera last night, fired it up, went to one of my (plain, non-java, etc) websites and then went looking to close the browser and get back to using my phone. There was no menu item to close Opera. When I went looking for instructions on how to close it, all I found were complaints that you have to reboot or remove the battery to shut down the browser.

In essence, Opera disables my phone. That, in my opinion, is a bug just down from a virus that permanently kills it. It is a serious problem. My phone, BTW, is also vanilla, vanilla. I have installed (but almost never use) two other mainstream apps. Other than that, the phone is an up-to-date version of the appropriate operating system and that's about it.

I like the Opera people. This is such a black eye for them, I can't believe they have not fixed it or at the very least posted a warning that some users have had this problem and they don't have a fix for it.

I have been writing software for a living for more than a quarter of a century. In my opinion this is likely the result of some obscure interaction between my Blackberry 8900's operating system and Opera. Neither Opera nor Blackberry can likely be blamed for the failure. However, they are both to blame, in my opinion for not addressing the issue. I am clearly not alone with this issue and the issue appears to have been in evidence for years now. They need to at least post a warning about this and give instructions for how to work around it or remove the software.

Uh, the end.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

See here.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...-trackpad.html

LET'S GO CANES!
Closed Thread