Old 07-23-2005, 10:56 PM   #1
Smhblackberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: 312B4645
Carrier: cricket
Default Idea for hard case users

Please Login to Remove!

This is what I did. I got on of those hard metal cases for my 7520. I noticed that there is nothing to put the bb in sleep mode when the case is shut, I was tired of recharging my bb twice a day, so I was in the local walmart and thought, what if I could put a magnet inside the door so when it shuts it would put my tiredover worked bb to sleep for a few. I paid 97 cents for a pack of magnets. cut a small circle out of the lining and super glued the magnet to the door. works great. and the magnet doesn't even put pressure on my bb.

also, I put some egrips on my phone before I got my hard case. I didn't want to remove them. so I tore the lining out of the part that holds the bb, now I get the best of everything, a snug fight in the shell, and won't slip out of my hand when not in the shell.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:49 AM   #2
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

do you like the hard meatl case I thought about one of those but i use it too much to take in and out all the time.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:08 AM   #3
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Dawg, I use a Horizontal leather case with a flap, I bought it on e-bay. I also had to open the stitching with a small knife slid the small magnet in, glued it back and i find it is the best protection. I had to put a small piece of foam at one end so it would not slide because it was designed for the larger 7750 instead of the 7250.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 07-24-2005, 08:35 AM   #4
Smhblackberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 312B4645
Carrier: cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
do you like the hard meatl case I thought about one of those but i use it too much to take in and out all the time.

I have several cases but I find the metal one to best fit my needs. I have a bluetooth earpiece so I can put it my cargo pocket and go. it does get tedious at times with all the emails and im's but no soft case has held up to this case. I am awaiting the new case from speck, can't wait to try that one out.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:59 AM   #5
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Yeah I cant wait to get my speck case also. I hope to get it this week. I send probally 50 emails a day and use the direct connect all day long so i need a case I can get acess to fairly quicly.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:05 PM   #6
rcrivera03
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7520
Thumbs up

Thx for the tip!! Works like a charm. I had given up on this case because of the missing sleep function, and with my line of work, I need a very rugged case. Can't wait till my new case from Speck comes in though. So, thanks again, I'll use my metal case until them.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:37 AM   #7
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Dawg,
I love my metal case. I don't have to ever slip it out of its case unless I want to mess with the battery or sim card. I can talk on the phone with the door shut, and can hear my calls without a BT device with the unit in the case and the door shut just as well as when the unit is nekkid. It's just as easy to handle my calls with the unit in the case and the door shut.

I can type emails with the unit in the case by simply swinging the door open. It actually helps my grip of the unit while I type, and I find it doesn't interfere with my typing at all. And I certainly don't need to remove my 7290 from the case to read emails or view the screen. Just pop the door open.

About the only time I ever take the unit out of the case is to admire the BB in its beautiful nekkidness. And it's easy to do so. The unit fits snugly and easily slips out. As opposed to those rubber cases which are a pain to remove the unit from when you have to. The metal case adds very little bulk to my unit, easily slips into my pockets (again as opposed to the sticky rubber condom like cases), and keeps my unit safe when I slip it into my back pocket in a pinch and sit on it. I think you'd like it -- especially since you work construction.

Last edited by guinda35; 07-25-2005 at 12:48 AM..
Old 07-25-2005, 12:51 AM   #8
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smhblackberry
This is what I did. I got on of those hard metal cases for my 7520. I noticed that there is nothing to put the bb in sleep mode when the case is shut, I was tired of recharging my bb twice a day, so I was in the local walmart and thought, what if I could put a magnet inside the door so when it shuts it would put my tiredover worked bb to sleep for a few. I paid 97 cents for a pack of magnets. cut a small circle out of the lining and super glued the magnet to the door. works great. and the magnet doesn't even put pressure on my bb.

also, I put some egrips on my phone before I got my hard case. I didn't want to remove them. so I tore the lining out of the part that holds the bb, now I get the best of everything, a snug fight in the shell, and won't slip out of my hand when not in the shell.
Wow! What a great tip. Thank you. Thank you. This was the only thing missing from my hard case. Why didn't the manufacturer think of this? That's why I love this site -- innovative guys like you.

But precisely where on the door did you glue the magnet? Opposite the screen, the keyboard?

Last edited by guinda35; 07-25-2005 at 12:56 AM..
Old 01-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #9
BigAl13

yall all got the metal cases and i have searched a good bit and cant find a post with one of the websites that you got it from so could someone please post a website where it could be fond

by the way i got a bb7520
Old 01-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #10
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl13
yall all got the metal cases and i have searched a good bit and cant find a post with one of the websites that you got it from so could someone please post a website where it could be fond

by the way i got a bb7520
A simple Google search on Blackberry hardcases produced this:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...+cases&spell=1

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 01-01-2006, 10:33 PM   #11
BigAl13

man yall some real smart asses yall know that man its a good thing that every site isnt like this or there would be no internet and i have been looking at this site for like almost a month and yall just burn all the noods i mean werent yall noobs one time to
Closed Thread