Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 02:53 PM   #21
ravshaya

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default Got my Curve to Synch w/the Outlook Calendar

Please Login to Remove!

The good news -- I seem to have solved the problem, and my calendar is synching properly, and showing the correct number of appts. The bad news -- I am not sure how it got solved. I exchanged my device for a different one, the new one synched properly.

The only thing done differently was that on the first device, I had not yet set up a data plan, while the second device was synched after I had a data plan and set up two e-mail accounts. This brought in my e-mail, and seems to have also added some service books that were not on my first device.

Is it possible that synching before setting up e-mail and data could be the source of the problem?

I don't know, but so far the calendar is NOT taking in doubles from Outlook, and is sending back to outlook the appts I enter in the BB. Let's hope it keeps going that way. And RIM finds a full solution to the problem -- because I love the BB, and would hate to give it up.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:56 PM   #22
mshykind
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Ravshaya...

I had the same outcome...the 1st curve I got had the problem of not recognizing the bb calendar and sending the entire calendar over each time. I found a work around on the bb website, and got a new curve to test out. What I did was sync the calendar first, THEN change my PIN number on the BIS website and send the service books over. I think the 1st time I send the service books over first. But...just like you...I don't really know what I did, but it is working fine now and no issues with syncing the laptop and the blackberry. And I switched from the 8700 to the 8300, and after 1 day, I realize how much I love this new BB!

Glad everything worked out for you too!
Old 06-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #23
lark
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

Ravshaya,

Also glad to hear everything worked out. I returned the 8300 and am now using an 8800. On my second 8300, the calendar issue resolved itself. However, the speaker had the crackle issue, and not very good reception. I just gave up.

I am very pleased with the 8800.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:12 PM   #24
steve.1207

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmo
Smile Calendar Sync solution for now!

Had both issues with BB Curve:1) Alarm notification issue 2) Calendar Sync.

Went round and round with Blackberry Techs for hours on end. Was told fix is in works.

Tried temporary fix for alarm notifications by deleting CICAL from Service Book. Alarm notification worked perfectly. . . .

... however was experiencing Calendar Sync problem. Lost all my appointments. Could not upload any new appts and was getting duplicate entries...and could not backup any calendar appointments! Was driving me Crazy!!!

BB support could not help, THEN I decided to have AT&T resend Service Book which included CICAL entries.

Now my calender syncs perfectly, but no calendar alarm. That's OK because I can now backup my calendar to desktop and can do a restore if necessary.

I will have to live without the alarm notification for now.

Hope this helps.

Steve
Old 06-28-2007, 10:06 AM   #25
dropscience
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Rogers

Off the record from a RIM tech, the issue has been resolved. They expect the fix to be announced any day now.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:31 AM   #26
lark
Thumbs Must Hurt

Fix came too late for me, as my 30 days was expiring. Also, when I called AT&T store, there was a fairly long message about the release of the iphone, and how people should have their business taken care of prior to June 29. Made me rush over and get the 8800!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #27
besnewbee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: verizon

I have a few users that have the 8830 and they have been driving me crazy because of the duplicate enteries!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:06 PM   #28
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by besnewbee View Post
I have a few users that have the 8830 and they have been driving me crazy because of the duplicate enteries!
This OS is supposed to have fixed that issue (8830 only)

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...2-2-123-a.html
Old 06-29-2007, 02:19 PM   #29
besnewbee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: verizon

hey thanks
Old 07-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #30
blackberrymadesimple
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT
Default New 8300/8830 Calendar Alarm Patch

Hi,

I just found out from RIM Technical Support that there is a patch for both issues:
1. Duplicate Calendar Entries when syncing with Desktop Manager
2. No calendar alarm notification.
3. Other issues related to the Calendar on v4.2.2 of the BlackBerry OS

Here's how to fix it:
Step 1: Go to BlackBerry
Click on the correct link - whether you are an Internet Service or BlackBerry Enterprise Server user/admin.

Step 2: Apply the calendar patch as directed in the instructions.

Step 3: IMPORTANT (NOT LISTED ON RIM SITE) If you have any calendar events on your BlackBerry for the future (most of us have), then you need to delete your entire BlackBerry calendar using Desktop Manager > Backup/Restore > Advanced. I will try to post a link to free video tutorial on our web site shortly that explains how to delete only the calendar using Desktop Manager.
Here is that link to the video explaining how to delete the calendar - it shows the address book, but same principal applies to calendar:
Video Tutorial by BlackBerry Made Simple

Step 4: IMPORTANT (NOT LISTED ON RIM SITE) After you delete your calendar from your BlackBerry, go ahead and re-sync to your computer.
We have videos on this process for our customers.

Thanks and hope this helps!!

Martin
BlackBerry Easy-to-Use FUN Books, eBooks, Videos & Training

Last edited by blackberrymadesimple; 07-12-2007 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: posted new link to free video on our web site
Closed Thread