BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
tlennox
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Device calendar shouldn't be deleting old appointments, but it is...

Please Login to Remove!

My device calendar is trying to delete old appointments. I have the option on the BB set to 'never' for how many days later they should be deleted, and I have the desktop set for synchronizing all appointments as well.

Why would it keep trying to delete my appointments?
Old 04-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
contractkiller

Model: 8330
Carrier: sprint

it may be cause ur running low on memory?.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
tlennox

I have 20mb free, so I don't think that is why it is deleting them.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Do a battery pull anyway. It helps resets other functions in the device.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #5
tlennox

I have done several battery pulls, this problem has been going on for a while now.

In the end I exported my calendar events from Outlook, synched (my BB deleted 21 appts from my Outlook calendar, despite being told repeatedly not to), and then had to import my calendar back to replace the deleted appointments.

I also then had to delete duplicate items which nearly drove me up the wall. I'm going to wait and see if this keeps happening. Is it possible that those appointments were somehow marked for deletion and then no matter what the settings on the device may have been changed to, they needed to be deleted before things would synch according to the rules?
Old 04-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
EvanR

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default Same problem after fixing

When I first got my 8310, I was having the same problem - it was deleting anything older than 3 months. There is supposed to be the option of how long appointments are kept for (30 days, 60 days, forever, etc). That option simply wasn't on my device.

I spent 8 hours on the phone with RIM and they sent me a calendar patch, which forced me to wipe my calender, install the patch, then put everything back in. The option then appeared and I haven't had a problem since.

That was almost 3 months ago. As of yesterday, this started again out of the blue. It is now doing it differently though - only deleting my very oldest appointments. I do have about 2300 items on my calendar, but I don't think I should have memory issues. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlennox View Post
I have done several battery pulls, this problem has been going on for a while now.

In the end I exported my calendar events from Outlook, synched (my BB deleted 21 appts from my Outlook calendar, despite being told repeatedly not to), and then had to import my calendar back to replace the deleted appointments.

I also then had to delete duplicate items which nearly drove me up the wall. I'm going to wait and see if this keeps happening. Is it possible that those appointments were somehow marked for deletion and then no matter what the settings on the device may have been changed to, they needed to be deleted before things would synch according to the rules?
Old 04-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #7
JimmySaTx

Model: 8130
Carrier: sprint

I have lost all of my calendar events that are 60 days plus on Outlook when I synced my new BB 8130. How can keep this from continuing?
Closed Thread