Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #141
davil124
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

i love thoses 5 dollers cases from da dollar store....they r da best....LoLz...dats da one i use =DD

it still works =D
Old 12-30-2007, 10:55 PM   #142
Tre Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc93 View Post
http://www.senacases.com/blackberry-...ases/brown.jpg

By the way, this has been a great case so far.
I carry my 8320 in the back pocket of my scrubs every day and this thing protects it very well.
I can also stick a business card if I wanted to in it but never really do. It also has a slot for 2 additional media cards.
Great case and the leather is wearing well so far too.
Love the case. My biggest nitpick is that it is upside down (to me, at least).

Still like the workmanship.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:57 AM   #143
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I've been through tons of cases, holsters, pouches, etc. I am still searching for the "perfect" horizontal/lateral-mount leather belt-clip magnet-button-closure pouch for my Curve...but haven't found one yet.

Anybody got any ideas?
Old 12-31-2007, 07:13 PM   #144
StephBKNY
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

I didn't get to read this whole thread, but I purchased this last week. It came in two days with regular shipping. I love it! Even my fiance said he would buy this in a heartbeat once he gets a curve.

BlackberrySource.com - Custom Dual Flip BlackBerry Curve Case
Old 02-02-2008, 10:48 PM   #145
Neko2

Model: 8900

I always liked the "sidekick II" branded horizontal leather case with my sidekick and have been looking for something similar for the curve. It had a leather covered belt clip and never fell off. It also didnt look stodgy, being for the sidekick and all, it looked somewhat hip.

Anyone know of something similar but with the sleep functionality for the curve?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:09 AM   #146
contractkiller

Model: 8330
Carrier: sprint

i have the otter box .. for my 8310.. has all 3 layers of protection on it .. easy to install and i can opt if i don't want to use all 3 layers of protection.. little pricey.. but it works for me ..
Old 02-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #147
Berryblack123

Model: 8100
Carrier: verizon

i have the Prima Select Flip Case...perfect
Old 02-08-2008, 03:31 AM   #148
PARAZZI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Fido

hey guys, i am thinking to get the curve total body skin or the invisible shield. which one do you guys suggest the whole body or just for the screen? also, i want to pair this up with BB OEM Holster. with the invisible shield or body skin...does it feel sticky and loses it stickyness easily? hopefully it will be a simple step by step on putting on my curve. any suggestions? thanks guys.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:20 AM   #149
Donbp
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
I've been through tons of cases, holsters, pouches, etc. I am still searching for the "perfect" horizontal/lateral-mount leather belt-clip magnet-button-closure pouch for my Curve...but haven't found one yet.

Anybody got any ideas?

This is a great case.

::.. GIZMO SKIN - CASES. POUCHES. HOLSTERS
Old 04-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #150
beaubennett

Model: 7100
Default The best case may only be as good as the clip.

In my mind, having seen hundreds of cases in my job, there is no match for a VAJA case. From the creative design, the sheer functionality and the style there is no better case. Lately I've seen some fairly low prices for their premium cases, which is nice since their stuff is so well crafted it usually commands a premium price. Every VAJA case I've had still looks great years later, after being dropped, kicked, dumped onto asphalt, etc. The new cool colors they have are awesome too.

(disclaimer)My company provides VAJA with Ultra Belt Clips, and they offer the Ultra Clip as an option, but its the leatherwork that wow's you. I respect old-world craftsmanship wherever I see it and I'm saying so. Its also nice to see an Argentine business do well on the internet.

I also like SENA cases and they're well made too.

Last edited by beaubennett; 04-05-2008 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: add'l thought
Old 04-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #151
DaveAnderson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820

I guess I have a bit of everything on mine.

First I have a clear skin on the screen and the back. Not invisishield; just some generic one, but it works great. It was like $7.00 shipped.

Next I got the OEM belt holster. $12.00 shipped from Amazon.

Next I got the OEM thin rubber case. Details here: BlackBerry - Rubber Case for BlackBerry Pearl 8300 Smartphones - Black - 82742RIM I got it for like $7.00 shipped on ebay.

I'm quite happy with the combination. The screen protector is a must, of course. I do in fact use the belt clip, so that works for me. And the rubber skin is nice just for a little extra protection and a slightly better grip. I could live without the rubber skin, though. It does make the fit into the belt holster a little bit tight, but it's not a biggie. I lock the keyboard before putting it in, since sometimes the keys will engage on the way in.

Here's a pic:

http://mysite.verizon.net/~dwanderso...ve/curve-1.jpg

And for anyone wanting to see my jogging armband:

http://mysite.verizon.net/~dwanderso...ve/curve-2.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/~dwanderso...ve/curve-3.jpg
Old 04-06-2008, 10:57 AM   #152
lazure

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers
Default Vaja case

I'm a recent Curve convert, always used Palms. Had always dreamed of getting a Vaja case for one of my Treos, but was always so on the verge of throwing them out my car window that I never wanted to splurge...

Now that I have a Curve, I love it and know I'm going to keep it for a long time, so I bought the Vaja Classic case. It's precisely crafted and hugs my Curve just great. Got mine with the Ultra Clip because I like having my phone on my belt; Curve is so light as opposed to the Treo 680 that I can't feel it there half the time.

Worth every penny of the $82 (shipped) I paid for it.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:41 PM   #153
dssacer

Carrier: at&t
Default case mate

this is what i use not the best looking but it sures protect my baby.lol
goes for around 50 bucks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	media.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	11009   Click image for larger version

Name:	media2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	11010   Click image for larger version

Name:	media3.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	11011  
Old 04-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #154
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

i like my seidio rubberized case, that said, i dont ever wanna take it off
Old 04-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #155
druha
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAnderson
I guess I have a bit of everything on mine.

First I have a clear skin on the screen and the back. Not invisishield; just some generic one, but it works great. It was like $7.00 shipped.

Next I got the OEM belt holster. $12.00 shipped from Amazon.

Next I got the OEM thin rubber case. Details here: BlackBerry - Rubber Case for BlackBerry Pearl 8300 Smartphones - Black - 82742RIM I got it for like $7.00 shipped on ebay.

I'm quite happy with the combination. The screen protector is a must, of course. I do in fact use the belt clip, so that works for me. And the rubber skin is nice just for a little extra protection and a slightly better grip. I could live without the rubber skin, though. It does make the fit into the belt holster a little bit tight, but it's not a biggie. I lock the keyboard before putting it in, since sometimes the keys will engage on the way in.

Here's a pic:

http://mysite.verizon.net/~dwanderso...ve/curve-1.jpg

And for anyone wanting to see my jogging armband:

http://mysite.verizon.net/~dwanderso...ve/curve-2.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/~dwanderso...ve/curve-3.jpg
I was actually looking at this setup: the OEM holster/skin. Except I've seen a lot of comments about the clip breaking. I currently use the OEM sleeve and full body skin from BSE and just keep my BB in my pocket.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #156
jhlee_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomLando View Post
Anyone know where I can get this case cheaper than what it is listed on that site? Or am I looking at around $25 anywhere for this case?
This site has a clear case with clip for $7.50. Looks close, but not sure if it's a same thing.

BlackBerry 8300 Curve
Old 04-10-2008, 04:33 AM   #157
XBGM3R
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900c
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪

I am using the Speck (clear) hard case. I toss plastic holster, Nevertheless the OEM T-MO 8700 pouch. so I put Micro-Thin screen protector on hard case's screen and on curve's screen also!

This is sleek, and is a hard plastic case that I LOVE!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:40 AM   #158
bryanus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-mobile

Thought I'd chime in. I really liked the T-Mobile leather holster that I used with my Pearl, but the one for the Curve seemed too big. I looked at the Blackberry OEM one, but didn't like the plastic/bulky clip. So for the past few months I've been using a cheapy eBay leather case (from the recommendation of someone; perhaps in this thread!). It's "ok", but the leather was really cheap and I was always looking for something else.

Today I received the Speck Holster-Pro. Bought it off eBay for $17 shipped. Turns out it's a highly discounted item at many online retailers, so you may even be able to find it cheaper with some hunting.

I wanted something really slim and this looked like it would fit the bill. The construction is top-notch and the clip rotates which is a bonus. At first, I was shocked at how tight the holster gripped the Curve. It was basically useless, requiring the firm grip of two hands to wrench it out of the holster. What's the point of that?! I was so irked I actually wrote Speck and ranted to them about it.

Well, since I had already bought it, I knew what I had to do. I grabbed some pliers and basically bent the "ears" of the holster here and there, breaking it in so to speak and easing up on the preformed curves a bit. I used a folded piece or cardboard to protect the leather from showing any marks. I also squashed the bend in the belt clip just a bit to make it hold even tighter.

Now, the Curve slides in and out easily, yet still holds firmly. It has the exact feel I was looking for. My preference is to carry it face-in, but the fit is not as good as it is when facing out, which I believe is the intended position. I can even shake it wildly and it won't fall out. But since the grip is better when facing out, I think I'll put it into that position when carrying the Curve sideways, which is what i do sometimes if I want to "hide" the holster from view. Otherwise, it's face-in and on my front pocket.

Here's a pic. See how nice and slim it is? It won't accommodate my rubber skin anymore, but that's ok. As long as it's always back in the holster, I don't see it getting too banged up. Oh, and it has a sleep magnet, too, which works face-in or out!

Old 04-11-2008, 12:47 AM   #159
bryanus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-mobile

That's actually the one I bought, and have been using for a few months now. It works, but it's _really_ cheap leather. The pictures make it look waay nicer than it is. I tried to upgrade a few times from it, but always came back to it as it was the slimmest I could find, and at a reasonable price. But now I'm going to try out the Holster-Pro (above) and see if that works for my needs. I had even stretched out the leather abit to accommodate my rubber skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/c8/45/4cc2_1.JPG
I like what I see!
SEIDIO is giving me a headache with using PayPal to pay them so this is going to be my next case.

So far those Crystal Clear Hard Case suxs! Dusts gets in there and when you drop it, it doesn't seem too secure since it clips in and the clips just unclips the minute it impacts the floor and your exposed berry is flying across the pavement. Its only good if you carry your berry in a purse or bag so I'm giving it to my gfriend.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #160
TonyMobile
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ball Wizard

So waitaminute. I was told by the AT&T guys that the Curve would not fit in the leather Blackberry holster with a silicone skin on it. I am currently alternating between the leater sleeve the phone came with and the leather carry case, largely depending on what I'm wearing.

Is it true that the Curve will fit in the leather belt clip carry case if its in a skin? I see that as the best of both worlds if so.

Try a Search or see the BB FAQ
Closed Thread