BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 04:50 PM   #1
dialekt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default 8700G frozen upon opening yak-on - Complete wipe instructions?

Please Login to Remove!

Can someone please help describe the steps with doing a complete wipe? I've done the re-installs NUMEROUS times through the app loader and it doesn't seem to work. For some reason I think I caught a glitch installing the program yak-on. I accidentally threw the YakOnPrefs.alx file in the app loader. And ever since then, everytime I try and open Yak-On it causes my 8700G to freeze. Doing the reinstalls I think I wiped it, but Yak-On is still there. Even when I manually delete the program through the applications menu. I reinstalled the program and still it freezes. I've owned over 4-5 8700s from C-G and this has never happened. But I've never improperly installed something as well. I think the YakOn prefs is embedded in the rom or something. Which is causing the program to seek out 2 prefs at the same time.

I've heard a lot about Javaloader. I have absolutely no idea what to do with that app. Nor if I even got the right one. I downloaded BlackBerry_JDE_4.1.0.exe. But I'm clueless as of now. I think this is way beyond the "search" button..hehe..

Please help..thanks
Old 07-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Best option is to download the javaloader.exe you can search it, it's been posted numerous times. JL_Cmdr is another option, javaloader.exe without the DOS interface. If you search for Super Mod d_fisher he has them in his sig. if I recall? Make sure you back up and have you current OS installed on your PC. If you do go the javaloader.exe route there a bunch od posts that have instructions.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:41 PM   #3
dialekt
Thumbs Must Hurt

thanks. You totally saved me a lot of time and frustration. I'm currently staring at the spinning time capsule right now. But seems as though all went well. Yup..just as I said something T-mobile screen popped up. I guess the only true test is by downloading the yak-on over the air. Yak-on at the moment is currently my absolute favorite IM program for aim. ..time to test..i'll report back in a few..
Old 07-07-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
dialekt
Thumbs Must Hurt

unfortunately its official. Yak-On freezes my phone. I've wiped everything completely. This really stinks because its never happened on the 4 other berries I've owned. I don't know if I should return and exchange. Grrr..anger arises
Old 07-08-2006, 03:53 AM   #5
dialekt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Is it the build or do you think I just have a blackberry that has a glitch in it somewhere?. This is KILLING ME! Only because I've found out that Yak-On works the absolute best for me when it comes to aim. I think I am going to just give in and trade my 8700G in for another one. I really hope that fixes the problem. I'm trying to remember all my steps and see if there was anything that I've done differently through installation, but I'm clueless. Has this happened to anyone else?
Closed Thread