BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 09-15-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
bjablonka
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-mobile
Default BB Connect on HTC Kaiser

Please Login to Remove!

BB Connect is on HTC's website and its works great on the new HTC Kaiser. Smooth and fast!
Old 09-15-2007, 11:29 PM   #2
michalopoulosgk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

I tried connecting but I was given a message that I had to disable my password. I had already set up a password for the email through the exchange server. I tried disabling it, to no avail. Can one install BB without disabling the password? If/when installed, can one continue accessing email sites both by Outlook and by BB? Is the BB emulation comparable to the real BB? Any differences?
Old 09-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #3
bjablonka

I think they are talking about disabling the password for the Windows Mobile device not for the email account.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #4
michalopoulosgk
Thumbs Must Hurt

I thought the same. However I have not found a way to disable that password. Do you know how? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Old 09-16-2007, 11:36 AM   #5
bjablonka

Try this:

AT&T Tilt / Blackberry Connect on the HTC America site - MoDaCo

HTC: BlackBerry Connect

HTC: BlackBerry Connect

Let me know if this works.

Bernd
Old 09-16-2007, 10:29 PM   #6
michalopoulosgk
Thumbs Must Hurt

I will try these this week and let you know. The instructions are a lot more in detail and this should be helpful. Many thanks!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:31 PM   #7
vjma

Model: p1i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: HKCSL

I am looking at buying the TyTN II here in Hong Kong but it seems like BB Connect is not support (at least for the time being). I wonder if the AT&T version is exclusive to AT&T or not? We here in Asia experienced a blockage earlier in the year when the TyTN was upgraded to WM6 and privately downloaded BB Connect 4.0 was somehow blocked.

I really like the device but it is a very expensive mistake if BB Connect doesn't work.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:15 PM   #8
bjablonka

I am using BB Connect on my TyTN II with T-Mobile, so it is not exclusive for ATT.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:56 AM   #9
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjablonka View Post

I posted this information on a thread titled TYTN II & Tilt in the name not more than 8 threads below this one. Just a little quick peep was all to find it. But happy you reposted it as it directly helps within this thread :D

Cheers.

PS anyone anticipating the new BBCOnnect from RIM - full application suite emulation?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:43 PM   #10
welllam

Model: 8300
Carrier: Smartone-Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjma View Post
I am looking at buying the TyTN II here in Hong Kong but it seems like BB Connect is not support (at least for the time being). I wonder if the AT&T version is exclusive to AT&T or not? We here in Asia experienced a blockage earlier in the year when the TyTN was upgraded to WM6 and privately downloaded BB Connect 4.0 was somehow blocked.

I really like the device but it is a very expensive mistake if BB Connect doesn't work.

looks like this will be a good news for you. HTC

I am looking to buy it as well in HK.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:17 PM   #11
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

For BB Connect on the Kaiser (a.k.a. TyTN II) do you need a BB dataplan or do you have to get a medianet account or something else?

I am moving from a BB8800 with a BB unlimited Personal account and BIS already set up. Will that just move over to the Kaiser?
Old 09-29-2007, 11:42 PM   #12
bjablonka

I have the BB $29.99 unlimited email/data plan from T-Mobile and it works great.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:57 AM   #13
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjablonka View Post
I have the BB $29.99 unlimited email/data plan from T-Mobile and it works great.
Thanks. SO I can safely assume that the ATT $29.99 plan will also work.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #14
bjablonka

I only know that the additional unlimited international data/email plan with T-Mobile is $19.99 per month and it is prorated and you can only have it turned on for the period you are traveling internationally. I have been told by ATT (when I used them for 2 days) that the additional international BB plan is $59.99 and you have to sign up for an entire year. I don't know if this is still true.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #15
vjma

Model: p1i
Carrier: HKCSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by welllam View Post
looks like this will be a good news for you. HTC

I am looking to buy it as well in HK.

Well, you need to be a member to log in. I tried to create an account as you can even without a serial #. However, once I did that I was only able to access the owner's manual and none of the programs.

Can someone from these countries download and post it?

I think the problem being that the PIN generated by the AT&T BBC is not being reconized by the BB server in Asia, which is located in Singapore. That is why I think the BBC downloaded from HTC Asia will work if I can get my hands on it

Last edited by vjma; 10-01-2007 at 11:31 AM..
Old 10-02-2007, 02:57 AM   #16
welllam

hi vjma,

I have bought the Tytn II and downloaded the .84 version of BBC in sems.org. After a few hours of trial, it works completely fine. Im using Smartone

Hey bjablonka,
The only fuss I have now is that I think BBC messed up my internet explorer setting that I load only blank page even if my WIFI is connected. Using blackberry browser is fine. Anyone of you has this problem?

I want to comfirm if that is a way to use Live Messenger and BBC at the same time using one connection...
Old 10-02-2007, 03:00 AM   #17
welllam

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjma View Post
Well, you need to be a member to log in. I tried to create an account as you can even without a serial #. However, once I did that I was only able to access the owner's manual and none of the programs.

Can someone from these countries download and post it?

I think the problem being that the PIN generated by the AT&T BBC is not being reconized by the BB server in Asia, which is located in Singapore. That is why I think the BBC downloaded from HTC Asia will work if I can get my hands on it
I have the BBC software in the computer. You can PM me if you cannot find the 84 version in sems.org.

BTW, I used P1i for few days. I have the problem reading chinese using BIS and they become all rectangle blocks. Do you have this problem?
Old 10-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #18
bjablonka

WelLIam, I don't have any problems with IE.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #19
phonemonkey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Does PIN messaging work with this version of BBC?

Do you have to manually log on with BBC to have email, PIM sync, and MDS running, or can it run all the time automatically when the device boots up?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:09 PM   #20
sems
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonemonkey View Post
Does PIN messaging work with this version of BBC?

Do you have to manually log on with BBC to have email, PIM sync, and MDS running, or can it run all the time automatically when the device boots up?
1. PIN is incoming only

2. It is automatic, Blackberry Connect starts right after reboot and works like a charm.