Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
GemsOfGemz

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Default 8330 Started Blinking Red After Failed Device Software Installation

Please Login to Remove!

Ok let me start off by saying i have a Blackberry 8330 Curve the blackberry version and its a shitty phone to begin with but the no contract sounded good at first...
So let me get to the problem with my phone, my keyboard is disable I can't answer calls or even get into my phone at all.
I called boost for a replacement phone and they told me it will be 15 days to recieve it, its been a month already!
I've followed up the status today, now there telling me there was no notes of an issued replacement phone case made, so now they said to try to re-download the software if my keyboard doesnt work.

So I talked to a representative, he recommended to download Blackberry device software, I did so.
I connected my blackberry to the usb to start the Device software steps, and than went ahead with the process to basicly remove all software and reinstall it to the same way it was when it was manufactured.
In middle of process it said It failed to connect, because once I connected my Blackberry to thusb to start the device softare surely after that when it started to intall it shut the phone off and it just started blinking red (and no my phone didnt die) ,
It adviced me to edit the usb root hub (in my pc laptop) goes to properties and power management and select yes for premission to turn off device power to save energy, i clicked ok pressed retry, it failed again...
And it said same steps except i missed to disconnect from usb for 10 seconds than reconnect, and repeat same action with thye usb hub and retry to the Blackberry device software installation, it failed a third time so I just stopped it and now my Blackberry is blinking red I thought it was JUST DEAD but Its connect to my charger as I write this and its still blinking red,
Could the failed attempts of the Device software installation damaged my Blackberry were it is now un-usuable, I was counting on being able to fix this problem until i recieve my replacement phone, which I suppose top recieve a long time ago.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
SoccerRef12
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: 8330 Started Blinking Red After Failed Device Software Installation

GofG,
The BB 8330 is a real workhorse. I had one for almost a year and was very pleased with it. The good news is that you have not done any permanent damage to your 8330 by trying to install the OS. If you are using the Boost Mobile OS 5.0, it takes up a lot of memory and could be the cause of your phone problems. You should shrink your OS using SAOS (Shrink-A-OS) which you will need to do a web search for. I would recommend that you download a program called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) and wipe your 8330 and then load OS. You can get the latest BBSAK at BB Tweaks - BBSAK 1.9. Also, there are some excellent tutorials at BBTweaks.com on updating your OS. Hope this helps.

Last edited by SoccerRef12; 12-06-2010 at 12:02 PM..
Old 12-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: 8330 Started Blinking Red After Failed Device Software Installation

What were you doing just before the keypad stopped working? Did you drop it or get it wet?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread