Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
blondy_3000_00

Model: 9350
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Email Reconcile

Please Login to Remove!

I have my BB set to auto reconcile my email. There are times when I receive emails right away, instantly. There are times where I do not receive an email at all and I have to go and manually Reconcile Now. Why would my phone do this? I have people who contact me only through email (they use the email like other people use texting) and I end up getting phone calls because I didn't get their email. Is this just a glitch that I have to live with or is there a reason this happens? Any help would be great! Thanks!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
widorrah
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Digicel

Does this occur with the same e-mail accounts?

Is it that you just stop receiving all e-mails? Or is it that they take a bit longer than normal to get to ur BB?

What's the usual interval between these people calling you and them sending the e-mail?
Old 11-13-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
blondy_3000_00

Default Re: Email Reconcile

Usually I receive the emails almost instantly from when they send them. The times that I do not receive them right away they wait 5 to 10 mins before they call me asking if I have received it and then the only way to get the email is to go and select Reconcile Now....and even then sometimes it will take two or three times of that to get them.

If I have my bluetooth on could that have anything to do with it?
Old 11-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Some ISPs have arrangements with RIM for two way sync and auto reconcile. Others do not. Yahoo and Gmail are two that have the deals in place.

As for your other questions, using BIS, mail is pushed to your device every 15 minutes. If mail was found on your email servers, RIM checks again in 2-3 minutes. If mail is found again, it is pushed and RIM will recheck in 2-3 minutes again, until no mail is found, at which time it reverts to the 15 minute cycle.

According to your profile, you are on Sprint which is a CDMA carrier. CDMA does not have simultaneous voice and data like GSM so if you are on a call, you can't receive data (email) until you end the call.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 11-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #5
blondy_3000_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Some ISPs have arrangements with RIM for two way sync and auto reconcile. Others do not. Yahoo and Gmail are two that have the deals in place.

As for your other questions, using BIS, mail is pushed to your device every 15 minutes. If mail was found on your email servers, RIM checks again in 2-3 minutes. If mail is found again, it is pushed and RIM will recheck in 2-3 minutes again, until no mail is found, at which time it reverts to the 15 minute cycle.

According to your profile, you are on Sprint which is a CDMA carrier. CDMA does not have simultaneous voice and data like GSM so if you are on a call, you can't receive data (email) until you end the call.
I have found that if I am on a phone call and end the call I need to manually reconcile to see if an email came in while I was on the call. Which makes sense because I am on Sprint.

The problem I have is from the same email address. I can receive an email instantly from the address and a few hours later when they send another email I do not get one at all. For instance last night I received an email at the exact moment the sender sent it at 7:00 PM. 4 hours later they sent one (11:00 PM), I did not receive it. I checked 1 hour after they said they sent it, had nothing and had to manually reconcile it.

It seems like on occasion there is a "hiccup" or something that causes the phone to "forget" to reconcile until I tell it to, then it's fine. It is strange. I am not sure how else to explain it.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Please explain how you are "reconciling". As said above, email should be automatically pushed to your BB using BIS.

Are you using a company BES? Or perhaps Redirector?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 11-13-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
blondy_3000_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Please explain how you are "reconciling". As said above, email should be automatically pushed to your BB using BIS.

Are you using a company BES? Or perhaps Redirector?
I will apologize in advance, this is my first BB and although I am very good with computers I am not as familiar with all of the "behind the scenes" systems and lingo. I am not sure what a company BES is or a Redirector. The email account that I am using is a @sprint.blackberry.net account that I set up on this phone.

My phone is set to auto reconcile. By this I mean my phone will be sitting on the counter and it will notify me that an email was just received, just like with text messages. However if I feel my phone has not done this I can "force" a reconcile, for instance like refreshing a web page. I do this by opening my email box on the phone, select the BB button and then select "reconcile now" from the selections given. I then see two arrows in the upper right corner of my phone where the signal strength is, which I assume means that data is being transferred between sources.
Closed Thread