Old 11-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
ricvantri
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Movistar
Default Anybody knows???

Please Login to Remove!

Whether after we format the phone using MFI which files, commands, codes, etc, still on it?.I'm making this question because I saw many times that doing this format the brand's VSM (being, T-Mobile, at&t, verizon or whatever) still there and also because many buttons on the MFI screen showing that there is a lot information stilling on the phone. And being in that way how we can get this information?.I think that knowing it there could be many things that it can help to fix a software issue
Old 11-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Anybody knows???

Not sure I understand what your asking but if you are saying the BB is still marked or locked to the original carrier after a wipe then you are correct . You cannot remove the carriers tag unless you follow the process to replace the OS with a OS that is untagged. If you are talking about using the BB on a different carrier then you need to use a vendor that offers an unlock code. A vendor sponsor in the Forum is Horizon. Do a search for further information on unlocking etc.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

MFI is software illegally obtained from RIM.
We don't support or discuss it here.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
MFI is software illegally obtained from RIM.
We don't support or discuss it here.
I was a bit suspicious but just in case I misunderstood the OP I gave it a shot at something legitimate. I could not find any reference to that MFI stuff.

Thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #5
ricvantri

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
I was a bit suspicious but just in case I misunderstood the OP I gave it a shot at something legitimate. I could not find any reference to that MFI stuff.

Thanks
Ok. Sorry about MFI I didn't know that it was an illegaly stuff because you can find it in many place on the internet, but anyway the point is: I have an unlocked phone then I removed the OS getting just a blank creen saying something like "no OS device" and I want to know being the phone in this situation are in the phone comands, files, codes or whatever stuff yet?, or is it completely erase?.I don`t think so because the phone has ROM (where it should be a DOS such as the PCs) and it should be still intact after a format, right?. I need to know that because I have a phone (8310) with a conflict with de BBM (and it is no way.It has two days working perfectly without it) and I'm sure that I can't fix this issue just formating it because the ROM of the phone is which has a a command damage or something that it is causing this conflict with the BBM and throw the phone because that issue it couldn´t have any sense. In other words there should be a way to FLASH the BB EPROM like we can do it with the PCs.Sorry with my English
Old 11-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #6
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Just because you can find it on the internet doesn't mean its legal.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 11-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

If you messed around with MFI, you may have bricked the phone, which is a chance you took.

The BlackBerry is not a PC, or an iPhone or an Android. Hacking is not encouraged here, and not supported here.

Try and follow these steps and see if it helps restore your BB.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 11-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #8
ricvantri

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
If you messed around with MFI, you may have bricked the phone, which is a chance you took.

The BlackBerry is not a PC, or an iPhone or an Android. Hacking is not encouraged here, and not supported here.

Try and follow these steps and see if it helps restore your BB.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
Yes, nothing you find on the internet waranty that it is legal but in fact the point is that it is on the internet and everyone can access to it if he knows how. And about if my phone is damage, brik, broken or whatever like that, I never wrote that I wrote that it has a very weird issue seeming that it exists a conflict with the BBM. It is working perflectly now for almost three days but I don't have the BBM on it. Do you understand?.And I know that it is not a PC,Android,Iphone or something like them and besides I said that "it should..." and it is a conditional not an imperative like "it must....". Maybe my English is very poor but I think that if someone takes a little time to read what are my concerns in my other prompts somebody could understand what Í need to solve and perhaps it can help to somebody else.Thanks for your help !!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #9
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Yes, there is a language barrier here.

Could you please just state clearly in one sentence what it is that you need now?

Is it BBM that you need to install?
Old 11-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #10
ricvantri

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Yes, there is a language barrier here.

Could you please just state clearly in one sentence what it is that you need now?

Is it BBM that you need to install?
Ok.I need to know how is possible that this 8310 works perfectly without BB Messenger even with and older or newer OS.And sorry but obviously I need to install BBM.Thanks !!

Last edited by ricvantri; 11-24-2010 at 01:27 PM..
Old 11-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #11
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

You 8310 is working without Blackberry Messenger and you don't know why?
Blackberry messenger isn't required to make a blackberry work perfectly. Its an extra application.
Are you wanting to USE blackberry messenger and can't?

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 11-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #12
ricvantri

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDraven View Post
You 8310 is working without Blackberry Messenger and you don't know why?
Blackberry messenger isn't required to make a blackberry work perfectly. Its an extra application.
Are you wanting to USE blackberry messenger and can't?
No, I know that.And yes the problem is that when I installed BBM the phone won't work and after a while It will get reset and the error 523 on a blank screen.Thanks !!
Old 11-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #13
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Here's the OP's issue: He has some problem (errors, whatever) and he has narrowed it down to BBM. When BBM is installed, errors. No BBM, no errors. He is looking for an explanation (and a fix).

Personally, and not knowing much, I suspect with MFI he boogered some security or configuration information coded on the device that isn't meant to be accessable by the user. Just a wild ass guess.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #14
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Could very well be MFI.

Is the BBM version compatible with the OS version installed on your BB?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:26 PM   #15
ricvantri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Could very well be MFI.

Is the BBM version compatible with the OS version installed on your BB?
I have now the 4.5.180 (320) and before the 4.5.0.9x I don't remember but anyway the phone has the same behavior with both.Another thing I discovered today is that in Applications the BBM still in there but the icon in the home-screen disappear.Thanks !!
Old 11-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #16
ricvantri

Default Maybe I solved it

Well I don't know what happened but the truth is that tonight I installed again BBM 5.0 and seems that the phone is working now doing anything more.What did I before?, I really don't know I did many things.Among them I worked with the e-screen and I displayed the event log searching conflicts or errors. And I killed one process and I disable one permission in who knows which module. But the point is that seems that it is working now. Anyway I hope that I won't get this problem again.Thanks for your attention !!!
Closed Thread