ptys
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: none
Default Scrolling the browser field

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All,

I use the browser field to show HTML pages. Those pages have links to different targets just like regular web pages, some relative and some not. Ive implemented link handling to respond to clicks on those links. New target pages are shown by deleting the layout manager containing the browser field, and adding a new one showing the new page content (for various reasons I can't push new screens for that). All works well, however, since I'd also like the user to go back to previous pages, when they click back and I re-add the manager showing previous page's content, the scroll offset and focus within the browser field is lost.

Does anyone know how to set the currently "focused" area of the HTML document in the browser field? Setting the scroll position on the parent layout manager doesn't work. It does work immediately after the scroll is set, but the moment any navigation event is triggered, since the browser field thinks focus is at the top again, everything goes back to the top of the page.

There is a way to make the browser field scroll by injecting navigation events, but this is inaccurate and more of a hack.

Has anyone implemented browser-like behavior using the RIM browser field together with browser history?

Thanks.
Closed Thread