BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 10:03 AM   #101
VincentVega

Model: 7100T

Please Login to Remove!

So what is the answer on the "injector API"??? I am the BES admin and can't find anything on the injector API. Is this part of the IT Policy? If this is isn't going to work, Moftware has some splaining to do.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:12 AM   #102
mauiboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVega
So what is the answer on the "injector API"??? I am the BES admin and can't find anything on the injector API. Is this part of the IT Policy? If this is isn't going to work, Moftware has some splaining to do.

you should have purchase your keyboard from http://www.mymobilegear.com they helped me get the BES setup.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:31 PM   #103
i_m_insanity

Model: 8830
Carrier: Telus

has anybody documented the changes required on the BES to allow the keyboard to access the Injector API?
Old 06-28-2005, 02:09 PM   #104
mauiboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_insanity
has anybody documented the changes required on the BES to allow the keyboard to access the Injector API?

I guess I won't hold out on the info. why don't you just download MMG's user manual. "It's free..."

http://www.mymobilegear.com/Manuals/...BlackBerry.pdf
Old 06-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #105
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVega
I think that this is a BES 4.0 feature - what version of BES are you using?
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 06-28-2005, 03:02 PM   #106
VincentVega

Model: 7100T

Bes 4.0
Old 06-28-2005, 04:06 PM   #107
wuberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: Cingular

My keyboard (Xema from MMG) arrived yesterday and it's working fine.

No problems at all with BES, but I checked that in advance. As far as I can tell, my installation of BES was the way it was supposed to be to accommodate the keyboard. Nothing had to be changed.

Installing the drivers was a piece of cake.

I thought the instructions on how to get the BB and the keyboard "talking" were very poorly written and confusing -- both in the quick-start guide and in the manual itself. Some of the graphics and terminology in them did not match what I was seeing on the screen of the BB when I was trying to make the connection. Of course, this was the first Bluetooth anything I've touched, so that may have been a big part of the problem.

At any rate, I figured it out, all's well, and I think the keyboard is great. I'll be happy to provide more details after I've had more experience. Right now I'm a happy camper.

Of course, if Xema really charges keyboard owners for updated drives, my happiness will be tempered.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:32 AM   #108
i_m_insanity

Model: 8830
Carrier: Telus

Thanks... I have that page... but I see no options anywhere on our BES 4.0 to make the configuration change.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:08 PM   #109
mauiboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Did anyone purchase the Freedom Input drivers they have on their web site?

http://www.freedominput.com/RIMkeyboard/purchase.htm

I'm just curious if this is the same driver that already comes with the keyboards.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:14 PM   #110
jimn367
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Are there any updates on the keyboard driver frontier.

What's this Keypro software? Does the standard driver not work and they are taking an extra $20 to get a functioning product?

I'm wanting to buy.

What about the 'AMZER' keyboard sold at Blackberry stuff. All of these look the same from a hardware perspective.

Last edited by jimn367; 07-27-2005 at 02:22 PM..
Old 08-01-2005, 09:46 AM   #111
jimn367
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

Justed wanted to bump this up

The lack of response either means:
1) Everyone loves their keyboards so much that they are too busy to respond
2) Everyone has given up on the BT keyboard

Guess I'll contact the vendors
Old 08-03-2005, 08:53 AM   #112
wuberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: Cingular

Well ... I currently have the Xema keyboard from MMG, using driver version 1.21 that I downloaded from their Web site. I use it mainly when I travel, and I haven't really travelled much in the last few weeks.

The keyboard is fine. I certainly can't type as fast as I would on a "regular" keyboard, but I certainly can type faster than I can with two thumbs on the handheld.

Incidentally, aside from some unclear instructions in the manual, installing the driver and getting it to work with the handheld was easy. I checked in advance and learned that the required setting on BES, which I use, wasn't a problem for me. It might be on other installations of BES, so it's worth checking in advance if you're using BES.

So ... has this keyboard changed my life? No. Is it worth the money? For me, yes. Am I generally satisfied? Yes.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:20 AM   #113
deej
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

http://www.blackberrysource.com/stor...g.asp?item=188

O ordered mine and it works great and you can set up hot keys, very usefull for long e-mails and IM on the road.

deej
Old 08-04-2005, 09:23 AM   #114
jacobp
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Default MMG keyboard with BES 3.8

I've read all of the posts about using the bluetooth keyboard with BES 4. Unfortunately, my company has not yet upgraded to 4.0. Will the keyboard (with MMG drivers) work with 3.8? Are there any special settings that I need to have the BES administrator make like Event Injector API changes recommended for 4.0? Thanks.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:13 PM   #115
jclark93

Model: 7250
Default Apple Mac Bluetooth keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
An important thing to know is that bluetooth keyboards (compatible with the HID profile) will work with Palm's, Treo's, PocketPC's, laptops, and desktops. You can even use a Bluetooth keyboard simultaneously as another keyboard on the same computer - useful for conference room presentations and/or a remote control. This helps justify the higher cost of a Bluetooth keyboard.
I have Apple Mac Bluetooth keyboard, would it work with 7250?

Jamie
Old 08-08-2005, 06:37 PM   #116
aburt

Model: 9700
Carrier: tmobile
Cool Freedom keyboard mini review

I'm writing this mini-review of the Freedom keyboard using the keyboard itself...

First impressions are that the hardware is nicely designed. On the whole I'm quite pleased -- much faster than thumb-typing!

Some little nits... Some of which could be corrected in the software...

The keyboard doesn't lay exactly flat, so it bangs a bit on a hard surface. Feels nice when sitting on a leather folio, however.

The stand for the berry itself stows away nicely, but isn't heavy enough to hold the berry up if the stand isn't latched into the keyboard. I had been hoping the stand would work as a standalone stand (e.g. for reading e-books), and while it does disconnect entirely from the keyoard, without the keyboard to hold it down it falls over backwards with my 7100t on it.

It takes some getting used to the feel of the keys. I'm a writer and touch type (120 words a minute) so obviously this isn't the same as a full-sized keyboard. The keys miss sometimes, so you get "et" instead of "get". I've had misses most often on b,c,g,i,a keys. Likewise sometimeees you get a bounce (those three e's...!)

Typing punctuation is soooo much simpler, and that's no bounce! Smileys are much easier to type.

The left shift key is in a comfortable place; the right one is a bit of a pinky-stretch. Not a huge problem.

It's nice to have the user-defined keys (function+0 ... 9) to take you to any application it knows about.

In email composing the arrow keys are always repeating on me - two left/right, two up/down... Function+up/dn gives one up/down, but fn+left/right are escape/enter. In email reading mode, up arrow works but not down arrow -- the manual says to use function+up/down but up/down would make more sense, and up works..... Just not down.

It locked up on me once when I hit escape (function+left arrow) and I had to reboot the berry and click reconnect in the keyboard's application.

In the web browser, up/down don't seem to work at all, nor fn+up/dn. I can't see any way yet to scroll by lines; I would think function+up/dn should do it as that is supposed to be wheel-up/dn, but none of those work.

Hopefully these will all be dealt with in a future driver release. This is with driver version 1.5.

Getting the driver was easy enough, but it helped that I'd read here first. They do have an FAQ on how to install it on their web page if you find it; it was accurate and complete. The link for the BB-specific manual ("v1.4") was a dead link, but with yet another registration I could get a v1.1 manual.

It was a nuisance having to type in the registration key so may times; and it has to be upper case as printed, unlike most reg. keys which aren't case sensitive.

I bought this from SmartPhoneDepot.com, and while it was a bit of a rocky transaction at their end, they took care of me in the end. It's always commendable to see a company take accountability and set things right when they make an error, so they get my thumbs up.

I timed how long it took me to write this review, and my pace was over 800 words an hour, which is at the low end of normal for me (depends if I know what I want to say or not! . I've never timed my composition speed thumbing it, but I know it's nowhere near that fast.

On the whole -- quite pleased. I'd give it a solid B+.

--Andrew
Old 09-02-2005, 01:55 AM   #117
mckieada

Model: 8700
Carrier: Telstra
Default Australian dealers?

I'm looking to purchase about 10 bluetooth keyboards for both my staff and myself and was wondering if anybody could recommend any australian dealers?

we're using 7100G's

Last edited by mckieada; 09-02-2005 at 02:00 AM..
Old 11-18-2005, 08:57 PM   #118
lenemery
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: att

any way to change the layouts for other languages? i'm a dvorak nut.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:05 PM   #119
lenemery
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: att
Default thinkoutside "shasta" bt keyboard

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Th...asta_Announced

so does this mean thinkoutside gave up waiting for hid access? and pda users would have to carry a dedicated BB keyboard plus an hid keyboard for their pda's?
Old 11-24-2005, 03:18 AM   #120
i robot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: o2

Got this in an email from Thinkoutside last night. New keyboard but where are the divers if you already have a 'thinkoutside keyboard' and dont want to buy another

Thank you for your inquiry's regarding a Bluetooth Keyboard specific to RIM devices.

Think Outside has announced the Bluetooth Keyboard for RIM Devices.

Press Release
http://www.thinkoutside.com/press.asp?y=2005&t=PR

This device is now available to Pre-Order. Details and Compatibility can be found here:
http://www.thinkoutside.com/products...t_product.html

Please let me know if we can be of any assistance.
Closed Thread