Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #161
CureMS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: wheel*
Carrier: TMO

Please Login to Remove!

Thanks to JSanders for his handling of this and to Horizon Wireless for contributing even more to ensure that prizes are awarded to those who contributed in good faith. Let's remember that here are two people taking on a responsibility to correct a wrongdoing by another.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #162
Scarlett
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

The only true loser was the person we were trying to help. Hopefully he knows there were people who stepped up, not to win prizes, but because we cared and wanted to make a difference in someone else's life. There were far more people who took that chance to help than the ONE person who took advantage of someone else's need. So lets focus on the positive.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:57 PM   #163
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (off to see the wizard)

Please folks

Do not let the actions of this one individual dissuade you from further efforts!

I for one am overwhelingly sickened by the actions of nickfromil!

I am always willing to help someone need in anyway I can.

I helped audit when In need! I helped dawg when he needed a phone!

I have helped several others from expaining a bill from ATT to giving monies. I certainly do not have much to give but I do what I can. This person will not stop me from doing so!

I hope others will do the same and continue to help when they can

And a big thanks to chad I mean troydbrown....horizonwireless...jsanders

Last edited by ezrunner; 10-28-2008 at 08:02 PM..
Old 10-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #164
sharpycl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Lu920
PIN: is where your heart is
Carrier: AT&T

I am a lil disappointed, but it's not going to stop me from donating to someone in need in the future.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #165
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Thank you JSanders for shedding light on this situation which so many were wondering about. This is very unfortunate. It is unfortunate as well that the person in need's situation was taken advantage of for NickformIL's personal gain. Thanks to Horizon Wireless for stepping up to the plate as well.

I echo what the others here stated, don't let this one incident discourage you from donating in the future. As Horizon Wireless stated, there have been multiple occurrences here where this community helped out each other in times of need and also donated to charities to help out others in need.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #166
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9xxx
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Sad. I kind of figured that he scammed everyone after he disappeared not to long after asking everyone for money. What comes around goes around.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #167
DacyJ
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9000
PIN: g Bomb!
Carrier: The Newest AT&T

I am speechless and all I can say is that I'm sorry.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #168
BCollins521

Model: 9700
PIN: Ask...
Carrier: T-Mobile

We all can bounce back and make sure what is right is done...

Get My Themes Here! | [email address] | Twitter
Old 10-29-2008, 01:29 AM   #169
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon Wireless View Post
For the record, as stated above by Joey, none of us knew this was going to happen. We all trusted Nick and it turned out to be a nightmare. He preyed on all our generosity, seeing how we get together whenever a member is in trouble and capitalized on that which is very very wrong. Its sad that he did that, and wrong on so many levels. I donated quite a bit, too embarrassed to say how much actually. We will get some prizes together for you folks and will do a proper giveaway. And please, dont let this circumstance jade you in anyway. Most of the folks here are nice and honest. But theres a rotten apple in every bunch. Dont let this make up your minds that all charities are BS or scams, because every other one thats gone on here before actually helped people. Remember last christmas? We raised over 1000.00, and it went to the charity of your choice. We hope to do that again this holiday season. What about Audits house? We helped him get back on his feet after he had that tragedy. What about the breast cancer fund? All those went to REAL charities, or people in need, and helped people more than you know.
I had a really bad feeling about this when I realized I hadn't seen NickfromIL around in over a month and I'm sorry to see how it turned out. I'm also quite sickened that someone could take advantage of people who regarded him as a friend, and I hope that he does stop by here to read this thread. I support legal action being taken on this. Also, I think that ^^that post was very well put and I for one will not let this stop me from donating to any other charities on here when I get the chance/have the funds to do so.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:31 AM   #170
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Also, I hope this thread doesn't close again so that we can be kept updated on the situation without other ones opening.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:40 AM   #171
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780

It a shame. Kudos to JSanders for bringing it out in the open and not trying to simply cover it up and let it/hope it would die, and kudos to every one who donated.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:02 AM   #172
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Honestly, I was pisssssseed. And sick to the stomach.

And yes, we delayed announcing this for the past month in order (hoping) Nick would come through, and there would be no need for all this.

Also, thanks everyone for your civility about this.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:17 AM   #173
hnsimpson

Model: 8130
PIN: pm me for it

Wirelessly posted (8310 AT&T)

Thank you for the clarification. My need to know far outweighs my want for the possibility of fancy prizes.

Shameful act. I hope that Nick is able to 'get right'.

-simpson

/bbf is full of stand up guys (and gals). I am sure that the next opportunity to do good as a group we will shine through again.

-Young MC
Old 10-29-2008, 04:38 AM   #174
nchavez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: ATA

When I first saw this updated post, my heart dropped to my stomach. I donated as well and as a newer member, I thought this was the right thing to do. I justified the cause when others were asking why should they donate in the first place. Looks like we got burned in the end. BUT, like others have posted before me, it's a lesson learned. Nothing more, nothing less. I have to look at it in this way -- all the help, themes, answers, etc. that I have gotten just being a part of this GREAT forum has not only compensated me for my initial donation, but it will not keep me from donating if this is the case in the future. Thanks for the follow up and in the end, karma will get you one way or another...
Old 10-29-2008, 11:15 AM   #175
KimMazz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

What a sad turn of events. I really don't care about losing a prize. I donated what I could comfortably afford and knew in my heart I was doing the right thing. I am so annoyed that someone would take advantage of a person in need and use it for his own personal gain.

To know that NickfromIL decided to scam the good hearted people of this and other forums turns my stomach. This is not a reflection on any of the mods here. I for one can see that JSanders is an honest man with integrity along with Troy and Horizonwireless. (something NickfromIL is obviously lacking)

In the end, it is a lesson learned. As a board member of a foundation that helps children in need, I hope this doesn't taint any of you from donating when and what you can. There is a need out there, I see it every day!

And, I just hope the member that we all tried to help will be ok.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #176
CureMS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: wheel*
Carrier: TMO

I noted that this had been done on two other forums as well and I know many of us are on as many BB forums as we can find. I hopped over to the thread on one of the others and I have to comment on the courtesy and caring present here. While there is also courtesy and caring shown on the other forum, there has also been some mudslinging at mods by folks who want someone to blame, not to mention some trashing of Nick (understandable but not necessary).

There's something nice about the fact that so many were overly trusting because they wanted to help some one in need. To all of you who got ripped off -- thanks for being so civil and for maintaining that same concern for others that got you to this thread in the first place. Your responses here demonstrate what was really behind your actions. There is hope for humanity after all.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #177
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

For all--I don't think this is the last we will hear of this matter. I fully expect it to run its gamut through the legal system, and/or when NickfromIL decides to come clean.

I will keep you updated in this thread. I would just encourage you to remember that your generosity and open heart is not one bit lessened by this scammer's actions, and that in the end, your gift may find its way to the need where it was intended.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:43 PM   #178
audit
Whoever

Model: xxxx
Carrier: AT&T

It's just a stupid thing to do when he knows that there's plenty of LEO's and others that are on this forum.

Win or Lose... Everyone Has Their Fight
Old 10-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #179
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

LEO's?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:59 PM   #180
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650